Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe drops out of steams top 10 just after releasing an Big update.

(PSN)SolarPhantom82

8 minutes ago, George_PPS said:

Another huge mistake is that DE spends way too much time on nerfing and removing the fun factors of the game instead of creating new contents and polishing the game. Who came up with the idea to allocate so much time and resources on balancing/nerfing the game and destroying players’ trust and time investment? 

Balancing the game is bad now all of a sudden?

Ok

12 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Ok

Lol balance, this updated is even more busted than before. Staggers on non aoe weapons, shotguns getting oof'd at 300+status chance, melee becoming the destroyer of worlds, immortal mag/harrow builds instead of inaros. DE ain't balancing, they are throwing out numbers and praying to God something sticks.

• Like 1

On 2020-03-05 at 4:59 PM, White_Matter said:

If you are so well knowledgable about dishonesty and the deeds of politicians,  you should have refrained from using strawman in the first place. 

I guess you aren't as well educated on the subject as you seem to believe.

Your example of a bad comparison didn't work for the explanation I gave you. You need at least two similar things for a comparison, and apples and oranges aren't similar. 

My analogy of paying 1/10th of a debt has nothing to do with going to a restaurant and not getting what you ordered.  The fundemental differences are; you get something substantial in the latter whether that is something you ordered or not. And ordering something implies that you are in a position to demand something, in which case that is completely false here as we can't demand anything from DE. What we can do is that we can expect them to give us whatehever it is that they promised us, hence the debt analogy works , and your example of a bad comparison doesn't.

Trailed didn't imply anything. 

Trailer is just like any other trailer for any other quest or content(I made that distinction because beefy updates like Fortuna or War Within are more than just a quest) we've gotten so far. So unless specified otherwise, that is exactly what we'd expect.

So any claim you make here, you have to provide the evidence. 

I included them so that you don't try to weasel your way out of this by throwing in a word salad and waste both of our time.

This should end the debate here but whatever. 

At least that would be something that they promised to deliver. And if we had gotten it, then you wouldn't have to play the devils advocate now would you ?

That is like your opinion man.

There is no excuse for not delivering a promise. If they had the New WaR quest ready, then they could have released it and then release whatever they had in plans later through out the year. No one would blame them for releasing more and more content on top of New War, LOL.

What strawman?

Sure the bad comparison worked since all I said was that it wasnt as bad as yours. This wasnt a comparison on which one was applicable to the subject, since neither were. It was a simple statement about that there actually are worse analogies than the run of the mill resturant one. And of course your analogy has nothing to do with a resturant, no one ever said it did, what was said is that it was even worse. No matter how much you want it to, the debt analogy will never work since they arent in debt to use in any way. That is because we dont know exactly what they will bring us, so we will never know if the debt we imagine will ever be payed in full, or overpayed. Hyperion provided an analogy that actually works in the conversation.

The trailer actually did imply a cinematic quest since that is what they went out to the media with. 

Seems like you included all those different options just to cover all exits. Since your whole complaint started regarding a quest and has now spread into more content, content that they didnt decide on until later.

Not sure how that Erra comment should end the debate.

Sure they could have released what they had. But if that had been something deep into the actual story it would have been poorly implemented. I'm more for a solid story than having things released just for the sake of releasing them. And I bet if it had been released out of context with the rest, the same people complaining that it wasnt released would complain about it being poorly designed and hastily delivered, that it should have stayed until the rest was ready to avoid spoilers and whatnot. Because those that complain are often never happy.

And yes it is my opinion obviously and there are many reasons for not delivering, if for instance it doesnt become coherant and inline with the planned changes and results in a messed up timeline for the story they atleast try to tell as coherantly as possible for DE.

5 hours ago, woisen said:

just saying on steam:

0.5% off all player got the I'm the Captain Now achievement (flying a railjack)

1.1% That Which Does Not Kill Us (killing a Lich)

5.9% off all player got The Great Eidolon Hunt (killt a teralyst)

15.5% got 1000000 credits i would say these are the players who played long enoth to do some of this stuff...

45.9% got 10000 credit so basicly played the tutorial

so is it that players dont want to do these activitys becourse they dont like to play it, or is it that it is to hard?

De cleary went the it is to hard way..

so welcome to casual frame, where you need nothing but can get some things in years...

will this help the fluctuations. i dont know? Think more people will quit and wont come back till there is storie to play.

That is several hundreds of thousands of players though since it is based on anyone who has ever had WF in their Steam library for one reason or another since the day WF was released on Steam.

0.5% is something like 150k or so of the actual players that have registered on Steam since 2013. That is without counting the players on Standalone, discord and also GeForce Now.

45.9% would mean 10m or so have done the tutorial on Steam. Same here, not counting the SA and other options to launch the game.

Nearly 2 million players have killed a teralyst when playing through Steam.

55 minutes ago, George_PPS said:

Another huge mistake is that DE spends way too much time on nerfing and removing the fun factors of the game instead of creating new contents and polishing the game. Who came up with the idea to allocate so much time and resources on balancing/nerfing the game and destroying players’ trust and time investment? 

I'm hoping that the Tigris Prime getting (effectively) nerfed into utter garbage (the Sancti Tigris is clearly superior atm), as that damage and status rework needs a lot of work for it to be complete.  It's so bad I'm wondering if DE is actually playing with the shotguns as a normal player would (ie: without godmod on), as this change should have been spotted and mentioned prior to the update release as I'm all for readjustments when needed, but to make a prime strictly worse than it's faction equivalent is a huge mistake on DE's part.

47 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Ok

We have balance?

27 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

We have balance?

Pre update I could go toe to toe with high level corpus with the same old Corrosive+fire combo.

Now I actually have to build the weapon specifically for Corpus.

And also before the update many frames weren't as usable as the ones with Damage Reduction. Now I can use Nyx safely against any level of enemies. I just have to be a little bit more careful.

Shield based frames in general are now much closer to the previous meta tank frames we had. 

Of course there's room for improvement but for that reason you have the feedback section. And looking at the recent changes DE already adressed the damage fall off problem that was harshly criticised.

Edited by JackHargreav

2 hours ago, ikkabotz said:

In the last week on this forum. I've seen thread topics get merged, reactions get completely removed, and other threads get deleted...just saying...If feedback is getting manipulated, or muted, or whatever else it may have a trickle down effect or reflect attitude from somewhere else.

They all so removed the ability to respond with anything other than a “like” so I guess DE are taking the censorship rote… 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, ikkabotz said:

In the last week on this forum. I've seen thread topics get merged, reactions get completely removed, and other threads get deleted...just saying...If feedback is getting manipulated, or muted, or whatever else it may have a trickle down effect or reflect attitude from somewhere else.

18 hours ago, (PS4)SolarPhantom82 said:

They all so removed the ability to respond with anything other than a “like” so I guess DE are taking the censorship rote… 

Look around. Really look around. Do you see all of the negative feedback being posted? Do you see it staying posted? Because I do, because it isn't being removed unless it violates the rules by being abusive, disrespectful, insulting, etc. We don't remove or censor feedback that's negative. DE isn't taking a 'censorship role' or silencing feedback that they don't like or having us moderators 'make sure that there's only good feedback on the forums' because that simply isn't what they or we (the moderators) do.

Threads get merged to consolidate feedback into a single place to make it easier for DE to actually get the feedback. It's easier and more time efficient to open one topic and go through pages on that topic than it is to have to manually hunt down several or dozens of threads that are all discussing the same topic.

Feedback isn't being manipulated at all. Nothing is being censored. The only time that posts or threads get removed is if they violate the rules--and when that happens, that's on those who posted said posts or threads, not DE or the moderators. If users cannot abide by the forum rules when posting feedback (that is, if they cannot post their feedback in a civil and constructive manner), then they are only self sabotaging their feedback.

4 hours ago, (PS4)SolarPhantom82 said:

I’m happy to report that Warframe has snuck back into 9th place. With their best numbers this year.. QL update has done the game good.. This is Australian time. But it’s still a win...

Then this thread has run its course. Locking.

• Like 24