Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dry Dock - Losing my will to live

Berserkerkitten

hace 4 horas, Berserkerkitten dijo:

Okay, I have now placed every single type of corridor, god knows how many elevators, dry dock placement still tells me "insufficient space" no matter how or where I want to attach it. Apparently I'm now too stupid to dojo. Anyone got any tips? Pointers? A video for a complete crayon such as myself? I've wasted so many resources building rooms and corridors I don't need, just wanting to get this dock already... HALP!

EDIT: 8 elevators. It took 8 elevators in our 2 player clan's tiny dojo.

This thing is HUGE, luckily my dojo is not so big so I had to place 2 long corridors and only then I was able to place the thing!

you might need more depeding on what is bellow.... <_<

I can't place mine no matter what I try. I have more than enough capacity, I'm the clan founder, and gave the thing its' own floor, even. Don't tell me this piece of crap takes vertical space into account, or I'm gonna need to build like 6 elevators high. I made that 2nd floor 100% for the hanger to connect to but noooooooo. No amount of hallways or offshoots let me place it.

ddxD9MS.jpg

No issues for me. Just made sure there is nothing on the floors above (which was easy, since this is the top of four floors) or below it (I do have my obstacle courses, but they're two floors below).

Also, my generators are in the bottom floor. I learned the hard way that they're really, really tall and deep.

Hope that helps.

It really doesn't like being right next to any sort of existing room, especially the big open ones.  Once I added a corridor to add some space I was able to build it with no issues.  Now, quick question for anybody who rushed the build:  can you actually do anything with the Drydock yet or is it just going to sit there empty until they add the next part?

9 hours ago, KnossosTNC said:

ddxD9MS.jpg

No issues for me. Just made sure there is nothing on the floors above (which was easy, since this is the top of four floors) or below it (I do have my obstacle courses, but they're two floors below).

Also, my generators are in the bottom floor. I learned the hard way that they're really, really tall and deep.

Hope that helps.

That non-symmetrical elevator makes me mad

8 hours ago, zuraja said:

It really doesn't like being right next to any sort of existing room, especially the big open ones.  Once I added a corridor to add some space I was able to build it with no issues.  Now, quick question for anybody who rushed the build:  can you actually do anything with the Drydock yet or is it just going to sit there empty until they add the next part?

Once you build the Drydocks, a quest will enable to build Cephalon Cy & the Railjack, but you can't take it for a ride yet

I actually recommend NOT using an elevator. I thought it would help, but we don't have special elevators. For example, the elevators we currently have will have the top destination in the same direction as the lower. This is bad because then now your current floor will be in the way of the dry dock. Elevators would work better if we had the top part of the elevator facing the opposite way that you entered at the bottom of the elevator (like that fancy elevator in Jupiter's Disruption).

Instead, try finding the furthest point in your dojo and build extended hallways outward. This will ensure that not only will you have enough space for how wide it is, you'll also not have to worry about colliding with anything above or below your dock.

Edited by KotoKuraken

1 hour ago, KotoKuraken said:

I actually recommend NOT using an elevator. I thought it would help, but we don't have special elevators. For example, the elevators we currently have will have the top destination in the same direction as the lower. This is bad because then now your current floor will be in the way of the dry dock. Elevators would work better if we had the top part of the elevator facing the opposite way that you entered at the bottom of the elevator (like that fancy elevator in Jupiter's Disruption).

Instead, try finding the furthest point in your dojo and build extended hallways outward. This will ensure that not only will you have enough space for how wide it is, you'll also not have to worry about colliding with anything above or below your dock.

Quoted for truth. We scratched our head together yesterday in my clan, and we had a four stories Dojo with a lot of rooms everywhere. In the end we removed the Lich Trading room which was at the end of one of our biggest floor, added two corridor to get away from anything that could be higher or lower and we managed to ads it this way.

We got the side wrong tho. We get inside the Drydock by the left entrance instead of the middle one. But oh well.

So guys, works horizontally. Not vertically. Figure the extremities of your dojo and get straight away with some straight corridors.

Edited by Isokaze_BestKaze