Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I can't build the dry dock

Vitor93

You might wanna check to see if there's free space on the floors above/below the section you wanna place the drydock as well, it's a really huge room, and I noticed this problem with the newer obstacle course as well... It wouldn't let me build it cause it was clipping into the floor above it, thus saying there wasn't enough room.

2 hours ago, D4Prot0Typ3 said:

ground floor or 2nd floor ? seens to be buged or intentional that 2nd floor does not work

Not true. I built mine on the second/top floor.

There absolutely must be free space above, on the same level and below the place you plan to put the room. The room is massive, so if there is anything on either level that could be obstructing it, then it will not fit.

Edited by Numerikuu

SO i figured out a solution to the mysterious "not enough space problem ok so, if you do not have an elevator going up and down so there is a level created above and below the drydock. it will say that there is not enough space. so make sure you have an elevator going up/down from the level where you have your railjack being created so that those levels are created. Heads up, if the level below you is created. Then your good, you just need to get the level above created and vice versa. just make sure the space where your drydock is going is still clear.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Winterpaw22:

SO i figured out a solution to the mysterious "not enough space problem ok so, if you do not have an elevator going up and down so there is a level created above and below the drydock. it will say that there is not enough space. so make sure you have an elevator going up/down from the level where you have your railjack being created so that those levels are created. Heads up, if the level below you is created. Then your good, you just need to get the level above created and vice versa. just make sure the space where your drydock is going is still clear.

This can't be right entirely, because I can build the Drydock on my 1st/regular floor and I don't have a elevator to -1 just do +1.

Currently having this issue too, I just spent the forma and 12 hours to build a long hallway on the basement level that myself and a clanmate created just for these new rooms, it finished an hour ago, I go to check and see, sure enough "not enough space" even though there is ample space.  Again DE should have tested this better but as usual they don't even play their own game.  Now I get to guess as to how we can put the thing in, what a joke........ time to delete this 12 hour long hallway addition and wait another day...

• Like 1

As far as I can tell the entire room is about 4 6 elevators tall (2 3 up, 2 3 down) and something like 500-1000 meters long

Edit: ok you need to build at least 3 elevators to get above the drydocks, as at the top of the scond elevator I just run right into it. So yeah, assume that it's 3 up and 3 down.

Edited by Muntyness
Wrong size

19 hours ago, SandDune said:

You might wanna check to see if there's free space on the floors above/below the section you wanna place the drydock as well, it's a really huge room, and I noticed this problem with the newer obstacle course as well... It wouldn't let me build it cause it was clipping into the floor above it, thus saying there wasn't enough room.

that ^^

i have to build a new corridor first, one on the far-end of the dojo, so it won't collide with anything else. just 'try' to place the dry dock, and watch on your full map where the red contour of the room will be shown - then you can see what is in the way and figure out what to do (like me, building yet another corridor...)

2 hours ago, Muntyness said:

As far as I can tell the entire room is about 4 6 elevators tall (2 3 up, 2 3 down) and something like 500-1000 meters long

Edit: ok you need to build at least 3 elevators to get above the drydocks, as at the top of the scond elevator I just run right into it. So yeah, assume that it's 3 up and 3 down.

So if I'm reading this right we basically need to waste like 5 forma or more, just to be able to have the space to build this poorly thought out thing?!  Not to mention how many days worth of time waiting for said elevators to build AND it may not even have enough space?!

Yeah, it would seem that they need to make the elevators taller to prevent floor collision, my 2nd floor is wide open on the side I'm building the dock on so I'd have to do a major re-build on the other floor and I'm sorry it's not going to happen. They need to fix this, make the elevators perhaps 2x longer to prevent floor collision.