Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

how hard is it? really! how hard?

jojokaizer

5 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

I've been a Gauss boosted by my own ult and Volt Speed, using Kogake Prime, and I still have never managed to accidentally queue a heavy attack. Pressing rapidly has never turned into holding the button down. This might be an issue with your keyboard or your how fast your game can process your inputs.

Well it's a problem for myself and many others. And it's not my keyboard, it's my mouse. It might be what you said, with it not reading the inputs fast enough, thinking the multiple clicks is me holding it down.

Never had the issue. I even attempted to replicate this issue but even then I've had to hold down the melee button for what I consider a long time.

Now, when I say "I" never had the issue, I'm not saying it isn't an issue. Maybe it is caused by input latency? Either way, it is something DE needs to look into.

9 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

Your melee input is on your mouse?

Yes, shockingly there is a feature, a toggle in options just above the "Melee combo" button in your controls, that says makes your "Fire button" do "Melee attack", so LMB becomes my Melee button...but also I have my 'quick melee' on the mouse as well as button...4? And alt fire as button 5. I tried to make heavy attack as LMB and that didn't work as it just overwrote being able to shoot my guns, sooo...yeah. I only recently, as in as of yesterday, learned that "Secondary Fire" and "Heavy Attack" can share a button...so that's been nice.

But yeah, melee input is on my mouse, and i'm not the only one experiencing the "random heavy attacks", personally I wish it was a toggle like the "Make LMB be Melee" button.

4 minutes ago, M3tallius said:

Wait a second. This is starting to make sense now. The folks that use the default button configuration like myself, aren't having any issues (none that I've heard anyway) and so it's affecting the people that have custom mappings? Interesting.

it's not just custom mappings, it's weapon type and stance.  I've never ran in to the problem with ninkanas or daggers, but it happens all the time with heavy weapons. 

22 hours ago, trst said:

Not to dismiss the issue but the problem isn't something everyone encounters, even when using high attack speed. Which could very well be putting it as a minor issue that isn't affecting enough players to make it a priority.

I've never encountered on any of my weapons so i don't even know what OP is on about. not saying it doesn't exist but feel like people are being a tad overdramatic 

On 2019-11-24 at 10:43 AM, jojokaizer said:

you build a melee system that reworked and relies on combo building, then you add a heavy attack that drains that combo counter for damage. NOW you add a feature to randomly lose all your counter cause you pressed your melee attack a little longer or if you build your melee speed too high.  why isn't DE addressing this. how hard is it to add in a toggle button to remove this option!? I really want to know? cause at least you can tell me that it's extremely hard so we aren't adding it in currently, and I can make bite the bullet and deal with it for now. instead of getting frustrated about randomly losing my combo counter, and wondering why you aren't fixing this problem.  this is one of the dumbest game mechanic decisions I think I have ever seen in any game.    

Bout three fiddy.

20 minutes ago, M3tallius said:

Wait a second. This is starting to make sense now. The folks that use the default button configuration like myself, aren't having any issues (none that I've heard anyway) and so it's affecting the people that have custom mappings? Interesting.

What if I told you your left hand can be your primary one.

Edited by -Kittens-

16 minutes ago, -Kittens- said:

What if I told you your left hand can be your primary one.

Lulz! Not sure what that has to do with needing to remap buttons. It's not exactly a disability. I will say that's an interesting premise though, that maybe all this forum ire is from southpaws. OP, are you left handed by chance?

Interesting. I wouldn't have chosen to click for melee attacks personally (to much clicking), but then again I do tons of rapid clicking when playing RTS games.

8 hours ago, Hixlysss said:

Secondary Fire" and "Heavy Attack" can share a button...so that's been nice.

I bound Channeling to my MB4 when it became a toggle feature, and the update to Heavy Attacks swapped the input over to them. Lucky me there. 

8 hours ago, M3tallius said:

It happens to me whether I use E or my LMB. It seems to vary depending on the stance+weapon's base attack speed, and not just total attack speed. When I had a Valk in the squad with over 300% strength buff me when I had Silva & Aegis Prime, a heavy attack never triggered. When I was using Nikana Prime, Blind Justice stance would trigger heavy attacks but I didn't really have issues with the other two as often, but I don't like using them.

Then it gets worse as how low or high the individual's fps is has an impact on how sensitive the game is in regards to triggering heavy attacks.

Edited by Yamazuki

8 hours ago, StinkyPygmy said:

I've never encountered on any of my weapons so i don't even know what OP is on about. not saying it doesn't exist but feel like people are being a tad overdramatic 

its always overdramatic till it happens to you right? what happens when the primary weapon you use keeps under performing due to idiotic decisions on bad system mechanics? I guess you would just eat it up and take it from behind right?

3 hours ago, jojokaizer said:

its always overdramatic till it happens to you right? what happens when the primary weapon you use keeps under performing due to idiotic decisions on bad system mechanics? I guess you would just eat it up and take it from behind right?

Now you're just making assumptions. had plenty of things like this happen, the difference is when it did i didn't go on the forums, slap on a click bait titles, and have a temper tantrum. Don't be like that dude. Just because you lack self control, don't project onto me

Edited by StinkyPygmy

35 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

Now you're just making assumptions. had plenty of things like this happen, the difference is when it did i didn't go on the forums, slap on a click bait titles, and have a temper tantrum. Don't be like that dude. Just because you lack self control, don't project onto me

so you're saying you'll take it from behind. ok, got it. if everyone were like you, nothing would be done.

9 minutes ago, jojokaizer said:

so you're saying you'll take it from behind. ok, got it. if everyone were like you, nothing would be done.

Hey don't downplay taking it from behind! you don't know what your missing!

Hard to see how you ranting gets anything done at all, being constructive normally works better. But hey, Got better things to do then argue with a brick wall. You wanna be jumpy and unnecessarily hostile be my guest. I'll be over here you know... getting things done, as opposed to arguing with you big shoots ;)

Might even go take it from behind while i'm at it

Edited by StinkyPygmy
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Yamazuki said:

It happens to me whether I use E or my LMB. It seems to vary depending on the stance+weapon's base attack speed, and not just total attack speed. 

Are you left handed by chance? I think this thread might have stumbled onto the problem, so I'm curious now!

On 2019-11-24 at 11:05 AM, GnarlsDarkley said:

Esc --> Options --> Toggle Heavy Attack on Hold ✔️ or

This is exactly what they should have done. And it is exactly what I have suggested they do multiple times.

But, instead of giving us any options, they have forced everyone to deal with the option they don't like. Don't like accidentally holding too long to do heavy attacks? Too bad. Don't want to take up yet another key for a function you won't use? Also too bad. Sometimes, being able to turn off functions is just as important as turning them on.

13 hours ago, jojokaizer said:

There is a big difference between simply telling DE that you are mad at them, and actually giving some form of helpful and constructive feedback. You keep doing nothing but the former, which is why no one cares what you are complaining about.

Le 24/11/2019 à 18:51, jojokaizer a dit :

it's obvious DE is ignoring this issue. I post it in every possible relatable sub forum, and zero response. it's not like I m the only one who's annoyed by this.  their silence on this matter is just puzzling.  so now I m just really questioning, why and how they came to the conclusion that this was a good idea.

Many were crying on DE's shoulder to get back the "hold to strong attack". Guess what ? They did listen to us, precisely.

Now get a keyboard that has more precise keys, or put your melee on mouse wheel.

And comeon, it really hasn't been long since that last change, do you really think they are gonna hotfix this so quick ? Because YOU are not happy ? Also considering this change was REQUESTED BY THE COMMUNITY...

Adding a toggle button is precisely not as easy as it sounds. We're talking about giving the choice between 2 gameplay systems, something that DE has openly not been a fan of from the first melee changes this year.

They might change it or modify it later, but crying won't do anything.

3 hours ago, Teljaxx said:

This is exactly what they should have done. And it is exactly what I have suggested they do multiple times.

But, instead of giving us any options, they have forced everyone to deal with the option they don't like. Don't like accidentally holding too long to do heavy attacks? Too bad. Don't want to take up yet another key for a function you won't use? Also too bad. Sometimes, being able to turn off functions is just as important as turning them on.

There is a big difference between simply telling DE that you are mad at them, and actually giving some form of helpful and constructive feedback. You keep doing nothing but the former, which is why no one cares what you are complaining about.

what feed back do you want me to give? it's already stated multiple times, not just by me.  and this thread isn't about feed back, it's about making the problem visible. 

13 hours ago, StinkyPygmy said:

Hey don't downplay taking it from behind! you don't know what your missing!

Hard to see how you ranting gets anything done at all, being constructive normally works better. But hey, Got better things to do then argue with a brick wall. You wanna be jumpy and unnecessarily hostile be my guest. I'll be over here you know... getting things done, as opposed to arguing with you big shoots ;)

Might even go take it from behind while i'm at it

this "ranting" keeps the thread on the first page and eyes to see it. so thank you for contributing and enjoy your back side penetration 🙂

20 hours ago, jojokaizer said:

what feed back do you want me to give? it's already stated multiple times, not just by me.  and this thread isn't about feed back, it's about making the problem visible. 

If you actually do have good feedback, and you want it to be visible, then post it every chance you get. Make the feedback itself as visible as possible. Even if you have already posted it a hundred times, post it again. Otherwise, all you are showing is that you are angry, and all that does is make people want to ignore you.

I know from experience that complaining about a relatively small part of the game is hard. Everyone just want to brush you off and ignore you because they don't see your problem as being worth fixing. So the worst thing you can do is give them even more reason to ignore you. And that is exactly what your crappy attitude is doing.