Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Ogris + Heavy Caliber + Guided Ordnance

Wolfchild07

There seems to me to be no difference between -55% accuracy and -25% accuracy. When I proc Guided Ordnance and aim, there seems to be one projectile landing close to me quite alot of the time, as if it never actually triggered.

The only other thing I can think of, is that maybe Guided Ordnance doesn't affect the multi-shot projectiles.

Edited by Wolfchild07
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, rapt0rman said:

-accuracy has never really been an "accurate" stat, especially on weapons like the Ogris. If you use a half ranked HC instead of HC+GO, you'll still get the same results for accuracy.

Figures. Would be nice if there was an actual difference in accuracy as to the flight path of the projectiles.

7 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Did you put punch through on the weapon?

Also isn't that weapon defaulted to a high accuracy, stripping that is usually not the best idea, reserving heavy caliber for already low accuracy weapons.

Nah, no punch through.

Yeah it's at 100 by default. The thing is, there should be a difference between -55% acc and -25% acc in the projectiles' pathing.

7 hours ago, K-Ze.Frame said:

Kuva ogris is curious one.... if you did not put HC on it, I can use it like bow.

it have 100 acc, which is very accurate, the bullet did not spread at all, but as soon as you slap HC it decreased to 1.7 accuracy 

Same for me. Guided Ordnance doesn't even show in the stats, would be nice if it did. Although it makes no difference where the rockets go anyway.

4 hours ago, Diavoros said:

On Tonkor, Heavy Caliber has nearly no effect on the projectile trajectory as its always an arch, however on the Ogris it will make the rocket go anywhere but where your crosshair is pointed to, which can lead to killing yourself.

I think it's because you have to actually calculate where you want the tonkor projectiles to land as they're more like mortars. I just want accuracy to actually make a difference to the ogris depending how much -acc you have. There's only one +acc mod that I know of (guided ordnance), and it makes no difference to the ogris if you use it or not.

Yeah Guided Ordnance doesn't seem to work, at all.

However, different ranks of Heavy Caliber on the Ogris do give noticeably different results. Just use a low(er) rank if you want less spread with multishot. Ignore the accuracy numbers in the arsenal. Get a few copies of HC (i use R4-6-8-10), and test them in missions or sim to find the one that suits your needs best.

Edited by Robolaser

Imo, Heavy Caliber and Magnum Force have always been the most useless mods in the game, the accuracy stat is far too nebulous and the reduction in accuracy hurts far too much. But in general, don't put these mods on explosive weapons, you'll just kill yourself.

37 minutes ago, CTanGod said:

Imo, Heavy Caliber and Magnum Force have always been the most useless mods in the game, the accuracy stat is far too nebulous and the reduction in accuracy hurts far too much. 

even if the Mods had no penalty, there would still be almost zero situations that you'd want to use the two Mods anyways. even so there's a small number of Weapons that have no perceived effect by -Accuracy and actually gain Damage from using the Mod rather than losing - there are even a very, very small number of Wepons that desire the -Accuracy to actually make the Weapon perform better.