Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva lich weapons should NOT have 40 levels of Mastery

ShadowHvo

4 hours ago, taiiat said:

but you have to reset it to 0 to increase the cap by 2, so the difference between 30 and 40 isn't even significant, is it. since you have to reset to 0 the XP required to get to 40 is about 8x the amount it takes to get a normal Weapon to 30.

Add in that it's next to impossible to get stealth multipliers with guns now unless you use Sleep Arrow, that grind becomes annoying really fast.  Especially if you don't like the weapon.  

• 1 month later...

Several things deserve us to mention, here:

(1) No one is compelling you to max rank all your kuva weapons. You only get mastery points for getting the things to level 30.

(2) Asking devs to nerf things you personally find useless does nothing to enhance the game.

(3) If there's better weapons (and, depending on situation, there often are better weapons), you should be using them, instead.

Kuva weapons tend to be weapons which were not all that popular (for good reasons). Letting people who find a use for them to get them to 40 (or 36, or whatever) was a good move.

7 minutes ago, Fleuria said:

Several things deserve us to mention, here:

(1) No one is compelling you to max rank all your kuva weapons. You only get mastery points for getting the things to level 30.

(2) Asking devs to nerf things you personally find useless does nothing to enhance the game.

(3) If there's better weapons (and, depending on situation, there often are better weapons), you should be using them, instead.

Kuva weapons tend to be weapons which were not all that popular (for good reasons). Letting people who find a use for them to get them to 40 (or 36, or whatever) was a good move.

Agreed, but the forma cost is pretty high. Even at my peak fabricating days and stockpiling, I was/am still under the amount required for doing all of the weapons. It would be a lot more user friendly if the forma build timer itself was shorter. As it stands on a twenty-four hour build time, a player has to wait five full days to rank up one weapon entirely. I get that one can easily buy forma or rush the build, but that only favours people who have plat or spend IRL money in game. 

I’m more okay with the time gate of waiting for a railjack to build than I am kuva weapons because of this. Adding advantages to players with funds, abet unintentional I’m sure, means that I’m getting left behind on the Litch grind because I can’t afford it. 

1 hour ago, (XB1)TheRosenBones said:

Agreed, but the forma cost is pretty high. Even at my peak fabricating days and stockpiling, I was/am still under the amount required for doing all of the weapons. It would be a lot more user friendly if the forma build timer itself was shorter. As it stands on a twenty-four hour build time, a player has to wait five full days to rank up one weapon entirely. I get that one can easily buy forma or rush the build, but that only favours people who have plat or spend IRL money in game. 

I’m more okay with the time gate of waiting for a railjack to build than I am kuva weapons because of this. Adding advantages to players with funds, abet unintentional I’m sure, means that I’m getting left behind on the Litch grind because I can’t afford it. 

So far, I have found only one kuva weapon worth this kind of effort.

On 2019-12-01 at 10:20 AM, ShadowHvo said:

I believe the title speaks for itself.

Today alone I've grinded 3 Kuva Lich weapons from 30 to 40, and wasted 15 forma in the process. I've been rather diligent in always keeping myself up to date on the mastery progression, but I honestly think that this is the breaking point.

The Paracesis' unique leveling bonus was a cute little gimmick when it were on a single weapon. But this system is now shared with 13 new Kuva weapons, which is an unfathomable lengthy and expensive grind.

To express this pain, let me simply say this: To reach full mastery with a weapon, it usually takes 30 levels. But reaching full mastery with the Paracesis, and now each of the kuva weapons, takes 210 levels + 5 formas. With the Kuva weapons alone, that's 2730 levels... which usually would've amounted to 91 weapons fully mastery ranked.

It takes the same amount of affinity to level 91 weapons, as it does the 13 kuva lich weapons.

That is simply far too much of a grind in order to reach mastery with a weapon, and thus earn its associated progression points. I'm sorry to write this, in particular since I really like the new Kuva Lich system, as well as you, DE, as the developers.. But whomever thought that this decision seemed fair and fun really is a masochist.

It would've been cute and fine had these weapons just been capable of reaching level 40 without the need to forma it 5 times, since that would only be 10 additional levels of grinding per kuva weapon... But you've instead opted to make it 210 additional levels... simply in order to stay up-to-date on the mastery progression.

Congratulation to everyone who can endure this insane grind. I feel your pain, even if I refuse to indulge in this lunacy of a "progression" any longer.

MR past 18 is pointless, glad you finally figured it out.

Five levels in ESO takes about 18 minutes, so compared to anything else in WF this is literal cake.

it would be fine if they actually NEEDED the 5 forma. i dont know about anyone else but i can literally fit on any build i want with just 2. even if you use the most expensive mods possible with all 4 90 elemental mods you can fit that all with 4 forma. any more is just completely unnecessary. and in fact i actually removed a polarity just to add it back on my chakkur for my last two to get it to 40 since i didnt want every single slot with a polarity for build diversity.

It's unfortunate for you to be cursed with such completionist urges because I'm halfway into MR 27 and simply don't give a crap about Lv.40 Kuva xp. I shelfed practually all of them at 30 cuz they're useless to me and forma'd the Quartakk which was the only one that entertained me (for fun sake, cuz I don't even need it either way) enough times for the build to fit (which was 36) and that's it. I'm not going to unforma and reforma slots just for MR because that's just stupid to me. It's just a massivly unimportant thing.

They shouldn't have mastery at all, and they weren't supposed to have, because of their random to acquire nature. But somewhere in between Tennocon and their release, someone thought it was a good idea to 'incentivize' people who didnt care about the weapons and just the mastery, and here we are.

It wa a díck move, but it happened.

I think it is harmful and dds to burnout. All the weapons I put forma into just for the mastery that many times were ditched because I was sick of them by the time I was done. Such a practice should only be reserved for story type weapons imo. I think it was a blatant attempt to extend the life of an already broken system and they knew it.

These weapons are fine the way they are. The Kuva Lich system itself is bad, but the weapon mastery is perfectly fine. It's your own fault if you're so addicted you NEED to get an extra 1000 mastery right this minute. As so many people have pointed out, you are not obliged to level these weapons to rank 40, just like you weren't obliged to level the Paracesis to 40. You can still use the Paracesis for it's story purposes without maxing it. It's a bonus for those that do, not a requirement to use it. You people with your mastery obsession need to chill out. Any mastery past MR16 is almost useless anyways. If you're so addicted that you need the mastery, then you do the requirements to get it.

1 hour ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

They shouldn't have mastery at all, and they weren't supposed to have, because of their random to acquire nature. But somewhere in between Tennocon and their release, someone thought it was a good idea to 'incentivize' people who didnt care about the weapons and just the mastery, and here we are.

It wa a díck move, but it happened.

Do you have any source whatsoever for this, or did you just make this up to have something to complain about? I for one never heard anyone say these weapons would not have their own mastery, and you shouldn't have expected them to either, since EVERY SINGLE weapon to date has had its own mastery. All weapons have RNG to them, whether it be drop rates (Hate, Despair, Dread, War, Wolf Sledge), reward rotations (Braton Vandal, Lato Vandal), stock rotation (Baro Ki'Teer weapons), or resource drops (rare resources like Argon Crystals and Orokin Cells on a large portion of weapons). It makes absolutely no sense for Kuva weapons to not have mastery because "they're RNG". The whole game is RNG. It's a looter shooter. Everything relies on a dice roll, and just because something has a higher amount of dice rolls doesn't mean it would ever not abide by one of the game's core systems.