The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe at the Game Awards!

[DE]Helen

1 hour ago, Zahnny said:

What is the correct link?

Would have preferred more clarity myself. I never use Twitch, besides an occasional warframe stream I'm actually awake for. However I did a bit of looking around in the comments here and on Twitch itself, and it seems like the place to go will be "twitch.tv/thegameawards/" and possibly some Warframe partners who are streaming it as well.

For any Aussies, the stream will be Friday 13th December, 11:30am (AEST)

2 minutes ago, IncuBB said:

Well... I don't know...
Maybe for people who actually using normal 24 hours system instead of AM/PM horsepile?

... That's you, right? Because despite the fact that the normal 24h is used everywhere on a daily basis, all my clocks are set to AM/PM, as it probably happens in a small majority of countries.

Yes, even my country uses the normal 24h, but I completely disregard it and use AM/PM anyway. Also, it makes the same sense using either of them.

I believe that there are converters online in case you need assistance.

Just now, IncuBB said:

For the love of Talos - can SOMEONE tell me please exact time for Game Awards in 24/h?
This AM/PM S#&$ty system is awkward...

Just add 12 hours if it says PM and you get the time in 24/h.

So for example: 08:30 PM is 20:30. In other words, Game Awards happen at 20:30 ET time (you will need to convert the time if you live elsewhere)

So with the average 3 to 4 week turnover rate for console, if it launches tomorrow, it'll likely be early January we console players get it. It'll give us time to farm and prepare for it either way. We can still benefit from PC getting it. It matters to the warlords and their officers more than casual players but still... Positive for both either way. 

3 hours ago, (PS4)M82BFG said:

So with the average 3 to 4 week turnover rate for console, if it launches tomorrow, it'll likely be early January we console players get it. It'll give us time to farm and prepare for it either way. We can still benefit from PC getting it. It matters to the warlords and their officers more than casual players but still... Positive for both either way. 

Except they go on holiday after next week iirc, which means two weeks with no progress. Plus they need to get back into things then early January. Meaning t'll be late January.

Then add the amount of hot fixes which will be required for such a big update, that'll delay it at least a week, too.

If we got Rising Tide, I honestly would be happy as we can farm the two new required materials - otherwise we're waiting to even be able to obtain those.

Also, for those who don't understand am/pm:

1:30 UTC / 2:30 CEST, lasts about two hours

9 minutes ago, c0nsequence said:

when does this thing happenin? it says in my time zone it should be now, is it will be on the official warframe twitch?

Its in eastern time so what is your time zone ? Current ET time is 09 h 11 AM and its in PM so basicly in around 11 hours and 20 minutes ish

12 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

... That's you, right? Because despite the fact that the normal 24h is used everywhere on a daily basis, all my clocks are set to AM/PM, as it probably happens in a small majority of countries.

Yes, even my country uses the normal 24h, but I completely disregard it and use AM/PM anyway. Also, it makes the same sense using either of them.

I believe that there are converters online in case you need assistance.

12 hours ago, HolySeraphin said:

Just add 12 hours if it says PM and you get the time in 24/h.

So for example: 08:30 PM is 20:30. In other words, Game Awards happen at 20:30 ET time (you will need to convert the time if you live elsewhere)

I think you guys are not following the issue (Assuming he and I have the same one, which I'm not sure of)

According to the main post, the stream starts at- "December 12 at 8:30 pm ET"
When you use a converter to convert it to your own time, to me it said "3:30 local time", and it takes a while to figure out if he means 3:30 or 15:30 . And I think he's , the whole AM/PM thing just makes things unnecessarily unclear when the whole world could just use the 24h format have it be IMMEDIATELY clear. Sheesh.

Anyhow, the stream is 3:30 AM my time. Goodbye and cya never Glaxion vandal!

15 hours ago, Zahnny said:

What is the correct link?

I THINK it's this one- https://www.twitch.tv/thegameawards/

Not 100% sure, but I hope 99% sure is enough for you

1 minute ago, (PS4)DeZaruu said:

Since Partners also seem to be able to "drop" the Twitch Drop, you could open the stream on your phone - set it to charge and disable screen sleep mode

Thanks ^^ I'll give it a try

46 minutes ago, (PS4)SrebX said:

I THINK it's this one- https://www.twitch.tv/thegameawards/

Not 100% sure, but I hope 99% sure is enough for you

That is the link I have marked for tonight too. I hope that is the correct one. I want the Twitch drop!

I was also hoping perhaps the stream would be redirected via Warframe's Twitch channel as well, but confirmation of the link we should be viewing would be much appreciated, especially since the show starts in about 9 hours!

Thank you in advance.

Here's a [Countdown to The Game Awards]. This way you don't have to worry about time zones, just look how long is left (I tied it to UTC)

The above link posted [The Game Awards | Twitch] will work as...

"Watch any channel in The Game Awards directory on Twitch for 30 minutes consecutively with your accounts linked to receive this once-in-a-blue-Lua drop!"

6 minutes ago, (PS4)DeZaruu said:

Here's a [Countdown to The Game Awards]. This way you don't have to worry about time zones, just look how long is left (I tied it to UTC)

The above link posted [The Game Awards | Twitch] will work as...

"Watch any channel in The Game Awards directory on Twitch for 30 minutes consecutively with your accounts linked to receive this once-in-a-blue-Lua drop!"

Thank you for the info!

5 hours ago, (PS4)DeZaruu said:

Except they go on holiday after next week iirc, which means two weeks with no progress. Plus they need to get back into things then early January. Meaning t'll be late January.

Then add the amount of hot fixes which will be required for such a big update, that'll delay it at least a week, too.

If we got Rising Tide, I honestly would be happy as we can farm the two new required materials - otherwise we're waiting to even be able to obtain those.

Also, for those who don't understand am/pm:

1:30 UTC / 2:30 CEST, lasts about two hours

In the past, they've hated holiday releases but they still held to a 3-4 week turn over. And the 3-4 weeks does include hot fixes and cert time. You can start compiling the files for an update fairly early and swap out files for hot fixes before submitting update for cert. DE will be trying, I am sure, either way. I suspect well get stage 1 next week.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)M82BFG said:

In the past, they've hated holiday releases but they still held to a 3-4 week turn over. And the 3-4 weeks does include hot fixes and cert time. You can start compiling the files for an update fairly early and swap out files for hot fixes before submitting update for cert. DE will be trying, I am sure, either way. I suspect well get stage 1 next week.

dontlietome.jpg

hBiKAWE.jpg

Archived