Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack unkillable?

Morningrise

Is it even possible to die in Empyrean/Railjack? Once your RJ's hp reaches 70-90, a hull breach appears and once you fix it the RJ gains invincibility and regains a lot of hp. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me like as long as you have someone running around fixing breaches, you're fine forever.

Keep in mind that during the time that you have a breach and only 90 hp, you still seem sort of invincible, otherwise the ships that brought you down to 90 hp would've finished you off pretty quickly.

So what's up with that? Is it just for the first few missions or is it an actual game mechanic?

I'd say it's fair since you could always run out of revolite or not have enough of it because you're spending the entire time repairing your ship instead of fighting back against fighters or crew ships or what have you. It's all about having a good squad role split so you can recover efficiently, so from what I'm reading here it seems like your team has been doing a good job.

In my opinion revolite should not be plot armour and instead patch up ship to certen point , critical damage should be fatal , of course to counter balance the nerf of omni tool railjacks health , shields and armour value should be buffed , and I mean really buffed or atleast give us healing ability on get go wich would be cooldown .

Just now, bad4youLT said:

In my opinion revolite should not be plot armour and instead patch up ship to certen point , critical damage should be fatal , of course to counter balance the nerf of omni tool railjacks health , shields and armour value should be buffed , and I mean really buffed or atleast give us healing ability on get go wich would be cooldown .

or maybe dont give enemies super fast/hitscan weapons so that a good pilot can maneuver and dodge their shots/avoid most damage through piloting abilities and whatnot

2 minutes ago, Morningrise said:

or maybe dont give enemies super fast/hitscan weapons so that a good pilot can maneuver and dodge their shots/avoid most damage through piloting abilities and whatnot

You can do that already once you get better engines and levels up your pilot entrinsics , I met pilot once who was a god at dogeing in dogfight.

Edited by bad4youLT

1 minute ago, bad4youLT said:

You can do that already once you get better engines and levels up your pilot entrinsics , I met pilot once who was a god at dogeing in dogfight.

I hope you're right. So far it's been face tank all the damage, get plot armor, patch up 1 hole, somehow become invulnerable, regen hp, repeat. 

I have failed a couple of missions so far from getting to far behind on the fixes and not having enough revolite.

The first one I failed was just pure overload from being stuck away from the pilot seat and they went into a continual boarding loop into my ship. I was killing them but they were all over the place setting fires, ripping out wires, hull breaches.... I think when the mission failed I had something like 5 breaches, 3 fires and about 20 grineer on my ship scattered all over at the same time.

That was my initial introduction to Railjack Solo. Was actually pretty fun.

6 hours ago, Aesthier said:

I have failed a couple of missions so far from getting to far behind on the fixes and not having enough revolite.

The first one I failed was just pure overload from being stuck away from the pilot seat and they went into a continual boarding loop into my ship. I was killing them but they were all over the place setting fires, ripping out wires, hull breaches.... I think when the mission failed I had something like 5 breaches, 3 fires and about 20 grineer on my ship scattered all over at the same time.

That was my initial introduction to Railjack Solo. Was actually pretty fun.

Tell your engineer to scrub them halls or he be walking the plank!

given the mechanics of omnitool + revolite, i would say that the unkillable aspect of railjack is just a cosmetic thing, because at the point of reunning out of resources you suffer the same consequences of dying: failing the mission and losing your rewards

Far as I can tell, Cy refuses to let the ship blow: when you fail, he punches the navigation coordinates for Dry Dock. 

However, I think the immortal nature of the RJ is necessary for game purposes, even if it makes no sense “realistically”—most players are not going to be dodge gods, and those early missions could be showstoppers as a result. You have to make sacrifices sometimes for playability. 

By this point this must not be change yet, due to there are many bugs and inccident can be happening. And Revolite can be running out.

And as the start railjack are out guns, powers, numbers, efensive and offensive, players hard to hjack crewships and make their way from there. Not even mention the higher you go, there are things that unexpected awaiting for you, this including bugs and things that DE missed themselves.