Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Griefing in railjack

wullail

For all that is holy , please allow the owner of the railjack being used the ability to take over the piloting from another person currently piloting.

Over the weekend there were times that I had to jump out of the piloting position to do a quick repair or help with a boarding party.

On a couple of those I came back to find someone else in the group piloting, most of the time I asked them to move and they did, but a couple of times they refused and started to troll the group by flying the ship away from the objective or by deliberately driving into mines in the area, eventually I had to abort the mission losing all the materials etc that we had gathered so far.

As the owner of the railjack, I should be able to just go upto the flight control station and just take over piloting making the current player get 'ejected' from it.

I'm sure as time goes by, this will happen more and more as people get bored and the trolls start to use this tactic.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

What you're requesting makes sense, but that would just allow the Railjack owner to troll his teammates instead of the other way

Do you think its something new? DE is always putting the leash on other players, relying the whole objective is depending on if the player will be an ****hole or not

take an example from liches You may get your lich spawned in the end of the mission and there's literally 0 reason for someone to help you if your lich is level 5 so therefore your only hope is that if the player is helpful and if s/he doesnt have time for your lich dude can just force extract everyone 

here's an example from eidolons too so you wanted to play with randoms from a bounty right? well lets say our host didnt like you or want to be an *hole s/he can just leave the squad at the end of hydrolist fight and can make rewards disappear 

hell, there's even an example for relics you can just change the whole relic mission's relic type from lets say from meso to axi and therefore waste their mission time since your relic will be the only that will be open in the end

so yeah it doesnt matter Its not like railjack is the only way to ruin someone's game hell, there's already a ' troll ' button in railjack which is the forge button. so how bad can it get at this point?

Edited by 8faiNt
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wullail said:

please allow the owner of the railjack being used the ability to take over the piloting from another person currently piloting.

I am real surprised this was not implemented.
Only reason other that time constraints I can see... Is possibly owners griefing people who were asked to be pilots??
Clearly, that's the lesser of two evils.

Purposefully failling or derailing a mission is a form of grief, right? 

That's a reportable offense. 

I suggest you go to recruitment chat and look for crew there. 

I'm already advertising myself as a pilot for hire there. (when I'm not working for my regular captains) With how popular the game mode is, you tend to get a full crew within 2 minutes. 

Don't trust public matchmaking. I wonder if it differenciates roles by specification. 

I also had something of the sort, someone applied to be a boarder/gunner but then changed it midgame to be a repair man, i requested him to be a boarder if necessary and his reaction was to afk since it wasn't exactly what he hoped for, demanded that he played otherwise a report would be done and from that point forward the player decided to refine things several times, would idle in the ship or would afk in the railjack big gun section without any ammo, not even repairing was something he was interested in doing.

In these cases, simply report the behavior, like griefing or trying to harm the entire team. Your situation is hard to prove without a video sadly, because a screenshot would make no sense for those viewing, like support members. STill reporting said behavior is recomended, because few players actually try to halt, harm or try to afk in missions, support penalties are heavy and a single warn, combined with the grind of the gamemode, may make the player stop playing altogether.

Aslong your ticket is genuine and you're not trying to harm someone intentionally for no reason (because that backfires), then there should be no reason to hold you back, you just need to have the motivation.

Each role can have a troll and so you have to consider the owner of the railjack can also be a troll, that person may not like DE and will try to host games so that they fail intentionally, this might sound like it wouldn't happen, but sadly there are players outthere that do far worse, so giving the polit the ability to override decisons may not work as well as you intended

On 2019-12-16 at 1:49 AM, Chewarette said:

What you're requesting makes sense, but that would just allow the Railjack owner to troll his teammates instead of the other way

To be fair, it is the captain's ship.

If it's a choice between letting a rogue crew grief the captain or letting the captain be the tyrant on his own ship, the latter is just unquestionably the fairer choice.

1 hour ago, Soldatto said:

To be fair, it is the captain's ship.

If it's a choice between letting a rogue crew grief the captain or letting the captain be the tyrant on his own ship, the latter is just unquestionably the fairer choice.

Captain of the ship should not only be able to eject the pilot seat, but also be the only one to control the navigation missions.

After missions I want to go collect the drops for like 5 minutes, but one of the crew chooses a new mission therefore cutting my resource collections short. This ticks me off.

Not only that, but the one to Refine the ship's materials should also only be the Captain, as just a few moments ago, mission completed, a crew refined my resources while we had no omni charges, and the ship was still on fire/electric shortages. This on top of the same person choosing a brand new mission ticked me off. My ship isn't ready for later systems yet.

Really...just let the Captain control the bigger aspects of their own ship. That's all I ask

• Like 1

Trolling is not a constant but it really can ruin a run.  It is also very difficult to get rid of a troll or griefer.

Kick functions won't do much and aren't that great in most small games, but a few features could be implemented to protect certain modes.

Railjack pretty much does need the pilot to be working towards the objective.  It is important to have the ship well placed or it gets ridiculously complicated.  The refine system itself should probably be swapped out, but that refine button as it is right now is another major issue for griefing.  Sometimes it loses the mission, but more often it causes the owner to have to blow their resources on a resupply, or ruins their next mission.

Basically, a few details of railjack need some adjustments so that players making mistakes or people trying to cause problems won't cause other people a hassle.

And if the owner of the railjack pilots the ship away and tries to troll, then just add them to ignore and abandon mission.  There are other people playing and you will easily find someone that actually wants to play.

RJ needs the best out of most players and so far it's one of the most awful cooperative experience i've ever have in games in years. When players aren't griefing, they're just completely dumb or as usual toxic as hell or still trying to play solo in a damn coop game. Since DE seems to only care about stupid grind they're also making afk players a real plague. One can sit in a turret for 20min, he doesn't even need to care about the mission at all and no one can do a thing about that.

Let be honest a sec, Warframe playerbase isn't that great, and playing with PUGs has been a real nightmare since Empyrean is a thing. The last funny thing i've experienced is idiots who are leaving the team if there's no Sentient ship in your Void mission. Is too much farm causing brain damages or anything ?

I only wish RJ mission could be done solo or with my wife only at this point, something like the spy mission syndrom i guess.

Edited by 000l000

On 2019-12-16 at 2:14 AM, wullail said:

On a couple of those I came back to find someone else in the group piloting, most of the time I asked them to move and they did, but a couple of times they refused and started to troll the group by flying the ship away from the objective or by deliberately driving into mines in the area,

pretty sure you can report them in game for this behavior. This is above what most have issues with, which is afk / leeching (both?).

it's not just piloting. I have players almost every other game who, at the end of the match, sit in the forward artillery and waste dome charges into space. Or people instantly refining materials without replenishing ship's resources, so then I have to waste my personal materials to fill omnis/flux/rockets etc.

The Refine should first refill the ship's reserves and THEN give players what's left.

cmon.. basic stuff DE.

Edited by Jaffawer

This happens frequently to me, as I like to use the big forward guns on crew ships. 

I did two runs today, and each time I got out of the pilot seat to use the big gun, I'd line up the shot, charge it up, the at the last second the ship swerves off and I miss. Someone's already piloting the ship.

Ask them to get out, politely. Nope.

My solution while I wait for DE to fix it: "sorry everyone, you can thank <name> for ending the mission early. <name> welcome to my ignore list." And I drop group.

And that's what I'm going to keep doing until I get some kind of control over my own damn ship.

Everyone defending "Shared Ship Custody" but captain has to pool a crapload of rss to make RJ and to upgrade RJ so at end of day. . You don't like captain rules? gtfo my boat. . Ship . . Vessel? . . 

DE needs to stop with this stupidity and give match owner some kind of rights and not just "Heheh fuk you" if your random squad is filled with griefers.41e.png

On 2019-12-18 at 1:16 PM, S.ACE670 said:

why don't they implement the possibility to kick someone If you're the host?

I mean, it would fix the problem with griefers.

PS: I really don't know If it's difficult to do, or could bring other troubles to the game 

You sort of can, but sadly the current situation means you have to kick everyone else along with the griefer. Drop group, and everyone including yourself aborts the mission as they no longer have access to your railjack.