Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void cloak and avionics like it need to tell us that they have a cap

Zyga21

so like any sane person whould do I upgraded my slots to give them +3 levels on anything equipped, great cool, but. I also upgraded my void cloak to max rank (level 4)  and it came to my surprise that nothing happens at rank 5,6,7. At least give me back the avionics drain, it's dumb how a rank 1 Void cloak is better in slot there than a rank 4. I would much rather it continue in ranks, but if it MUST have a cap, then compensate people who go overboard, or warn them.wasting 3 capacity sucks.

b5da6ayr3t.png

o0aeav0xj5.png

Edit: at rank 0 (+3) it has the same thing what even why what WHAT

s04v2vc59n.png

Edited by Zyga21
WHAT
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zyga21 said:

honestly it should, but even if they wont budge on something like that, it needs to have a warning or give capacity back

While I agree it should have a cap of 7 instead of 4, at the very least for things that don't get better if they go beyond max rank they really shouldn't take the extra avionics space, especially since you can't really avoid the extra drain.
At least now I have a heads up to keep void cloak at rank 1 and just put it in a R3 grid slot.

Who knows how many other mods just won't get better if they go beyond the max rank on the mod itself, or will only get better for 1 or 2 more ranks.

DE needs to release a full sheet of "Here's every mod and their effects at all levels possible" so that we can go "Ok, there's a mod that does this that tops out at 6, and this one tops out at 7 while this one tops out at 3...."

Railjack is one of the modes that DE seriously needs to release a bit more information on.

If the mod would rightfully go to Rank 7 I believe it would have:

Cloak from Enemies for 84.8s

Engine Speed reduced to 80%

Cooldown: 120s

If you have level 7 Tactical I believe the cooldown will be 96s leaving 11.2s of downtime.

If you have level 9 Tactical I believe the cooldown will be 72s leaving 12.8s of overlap.

With the current cap of 53s you would have 19s of downtime with level 9 Tactical. (This definitely doesn't sound as great as permanent cloak.)

I am not certain yet of all the things that can affect you while in void cloak. I believe crew ships will still fire at you if you aggro them as well as homing missiles.

They definitely need to do something about the railjack becoming invisible to your party and them being unable to find the ship lol. (It sometimes becomes permanently invisible for clients.)

I also believe that the tactic was in auto activate mode on a mission, so it kept turning on when the cooldown was ready. It's very hard to tell in the UI if this is actually an option that I am choosing. (If this is a thing and not just another tactitian trolling in the mission, you could potentially leave your railjack permanently parked in cloak, without having to micro manage it.)

I think permanent invisibility is something awesome to work towards.

In terms of it being overpowered, if you are at rank 9 Tactical, you probably aren't failing missions anyway, and this gives people that want to solo play something "mandatory" to strive for. (You can also fly your railjack 50km away so enemies can't detect it, almost effectively the same thing lol)

When they add more on to this mode they will probably add de-stealth bubbles to some POI anyway, that may also require your railjack to fly in to complete an objective. i.e. You must have a level 5 Gunner ordnance blast to take out the tower.

So you will either have to unstealth or park your railjack off in the distance and fly in.

9 hours ago, Darkuhn said:

The tactical avionics seem to be bugged right now, I have a Rank 0 fire extinguisher in a rank 3 Grid space telling me it extinguishes 4 fires, but in mission it tells me it only extinguishes 1 fire and only dose that.

Fire Suppression is kind of wonky really. The cooldown doesn't change, and when are you honestly going to have 7 or 8 fires at once? The whole Tactical Avionics system is kind of strange IMO. What I feel like should honestly be passive effects are active. Fire Suppression for instance I felt should be like tractor beam. Have a number of charges that each take 300s to recover. Or Breach Quanta which extends a hull breach duration for a time. Why not make it extend them permanently like how bleed out timers work. I know that would mean changing Void Cloak from Tactical to Battle, but truthfully, that's what Void Cloak feels like it should be to me. Some of these Avionics don't make logical sense to me.

Void Cloak however is just such a weird progression system that it almost feels like they yanked numbers out of 2 hats filled with numbers between 10 and 53 and 5 and 50. Like, if it's suppose to be 10 seconds for -5% engine speed, shouldn't it just be -26% engine speed for 53 seconds? And go up to like 100 seconds and -50% engine speed. DE seems to just choose numbers on a whim sometimes.

Edited by xZeromusx
  • Like 1

On 2019-12-16 at 8:06 AM, TheRealShade said:

Imo, if an avionic caps out at a certain level, puting it in a grid that would push it past that should instead reduce it's cost by the same number.

I am actually confused as to why enhancing the grid slot doesn't reduce the avionics cost. This would match our usual potato systems on warframes/weapons/companions. It seems redundant to let us upgrade the avionics, but then we also upgrade the grid slot to push up the numbers...

Edited by DrakeWurrum

7 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

I am actually confused as to why enhancing the grid slot doesn't reduce the avionics cost. This would match our usual potato systems on warframes/weapons/companions. It seems redundant to let us upgrade the avionics, but then we also upgrade the grid slot to push up the numbers...

Well that's exactly why, instead of reducing cost it pumps up the numbers, I don't have a problem with this to be honest, but if avionics can be capped then any grid points that would push it above that should instead just reduce cost.

Edited by TheRealShade
  • Like 2

If they're gonna keep it at 53s, then it should at least lower the cooldown when we rank it up. Though I don't really like how they made this cloaking avionic. 53s isn't a long time to really enjoy it, nor is it something we can use to "safely park" our railjack while going inside a base. 

I would have preferred a permanent toggle, that just makes it so that we can't attack if we want to remain invisible.