Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My unofficial official opinion: everything in this game that is not Cosmetics is dull and uninteresting

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

With the amount of people raging at DE these days i decided to take this time to make a thread about the nature of warframe in comparison to other games 

Starting out by confirming my statement on the title, yes i think warframe is only good when it comes to cosmetics 

There are no creatively designed warframe kit just recycled and reanimated abilities just good looking warframes with shiny powers (sadly even my favourite warframe gauss is a recycled Valkyr, ember, hydroid mashed together)

There are no crazy weapon mechanics...i mean weapons that do things other than shoot to kill

Even missions are uninspiring

Disruption for example is an amalgam(pun intended) between survival, mobile defense...and probably capture as well

Warframe is heavily designed around style...around feeling good...feeling like a space ninja 

At least that's the nature of warframe right now 

Before warframe had a much broad and complex identity...with raids...huge story quests but even then...it was still a huge part about style

Let's take 2 games to compare it ...one known a like destiny 2 and one that is nearly unrecognized like spacelords 

Destiny 2 is the opposite of warframe...it's style is undefined...ugly in my opinion and the cosmetics are not why you play the game...but when you think of destiny you immediately picture it's raids and PVP system...it's stats oriented gameplay and so on

Spacelords is between the 2 it has massive focus in style and also has one of the most creative weapons in any game with a 1v4 PVP antagonist system that you'll never play the same mission twice the same way...even if it's problems is...yeah you play a lot of the same mission(s)

So what should we get from this?

Well DE is changing warframe in a direction that not many people prefer...we get content every 6 months that is not finalized and polished, so people get mad about it...and then DE fixes it's unfinished release when it's too late when everyone got what they need from the update and won't touch it ever again (example plains of eidolon got reimagined lowering the economy of it's items at fortuna release...a year after poe's release which wasn't very pleasant)

I love the game for it's fantasy and feel of it...but i'm afraid even that is starting to fade little by little 

It's not the "decline of warframe" and warframe is definitely not burning...but it's starting to loose what made it special for a large number of it's player base

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Before warframe had a much broad and complex identity...with raids...huge story quests but even then...it was still a huge part about style

What? How do people continue to sell the lie that Trials had any impact on the game at all? How can you look at the numbers and conclude this?

This entire thing is subjective being sold as objective.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Destiny 2 is the opposite of warframe...it's style is undefined...ugly in my opinion and the cosmetics are not why you play the game...but when you think of destiny you immediately picture it's raids and PVP system...it's stats oriented gameplay and so on

Never have I ever envisioned the Raids and the PvP when thinking of Destiny/D2 or the "stats oriented gameplay".

• Like 4

1 minute ago, peterc3 said:

What? How do people continue to sell the lie that Trials had any impact on the game at all? How can you look at the numbers and conclude this?

This entire thing is subjective being sold as objective.

Never have I ever envisioned the Raids and the PvP when thinking of Destiny/D2 or the "stats oriented gameplay".

Well we humans have different thought process wouldn't you say?

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

There are no creatively designed warframe kit just recycled and reanimated abilities just good looking warframes with shiny powers (sadly even my favourite warframe gauss is a recycled Valkyr, ember, hydroid mashed together)

I mean, there's only so many ways you can make "kill that dude" or "buff that other dude" look interesting, and I think every game on the planet has long since gone past that limit.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

here are no crazy weapon mechanics...i mean weapons that do things other than shoot to kill

Those are not weapons then. A weapon's purpose is to kill. All weapons in Doom shoot and kill. All weapons in Destiny shoot and kill. All weapons in Call of Duty shoot and kill. Again, only so many ways to make that look interesting, and we're long since gone over that limit.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Even missions are uninspiring

Disruption for example is an amalgam(pun intended) between survival, mobile defense...and probably capture as well

I can agree with this, missions are really boring, but I think that may be cause I played them so many times.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Warframe is heavily designed around style...around feeling good...feeling like a space ninja

What's wrong with that? Every game does it.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Before warframe had a much broad and complex identity...with raids...

*Insert J. Jonah Jameson laughing gif here*

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

but when you think of destiny you immediately picture it's raids and PVP system...it's stats oriented gameplay and so on

No, I think of an insanely boring game that I'll never go back to ever again.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

but it's starting to loose what made it special for a large number of it's player base

Everything does lose that eventually. Enjoy it while it lasts.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

People really think differently then. I think cosmetics are a massive distraction for some bored or unmotivated players. It lets game companies get away with putting out cool shoulder pads instead of working on the actual game. 

This also what i wanted to say

But didn't want to make the thread too long

Also fear of repetition

Edited by (PS4)Hopper_Orouk
  • Like 1

Just now, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Look >

By comparing the two in an "this is this, now that is what this isn't" you are saying Destiny is superior. Whether you like it or not isn't relevant to the fact you are complaining, and then using a game that has a whole three "classes" as better/not dull.

Just now, xBloodySin said:

By comparing the two in an "this is this, now that is what this isn't" you are saying Destiny is superior. Whether you like it or not isn't relevant to the fact you are complaining, and then using a game that has a whole three "classes" as better/not dull.

Except you read it wrong

I didn't say destiny is superior...i said what's in destiny that warframe doesn't have...just like i said what's in warframe that destiny does not have 

You want to tell me that warframe has better mission designs ? Ok 

19 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

Those are not weapons then. A weapon's purpose is to kill. All weapons in Doom shoot and kill. All weapons in Destiny shoot and kill. All weapons in Call of Duty shoot and kill. Again, only so many ways to make that look interesting, and we're long since gone over that limit.

You!d be surprised with the amount of creative weapons spacelords has

I don't agree with OP's reasoning but I do agree with their conclusion - Warframe is boring. It's a game about being so powerful as to become brain-dead. No matter how long of a break I take, the effect upon returning is invariably identical - instant boredom. 

I played a couple of weeks of Destiny 2, and while I hate everything about it, from the lackluster story, to season passes, I will say that its combat is done waaaay better. You cannot spam abilities, your mobility is limited but not to such an extent that you feel sluggish. There's an emphasis on positioning and a defense-offense flow. PvP is for the most part fair and engaging (except for Iron Banner). Even if your enemy has an exotic bazooka you can still play them with a normal-a$$ SMG. The problem with Destiny 2 is the repetition of copy-paste story missions, a serious lack of identity and interesting characters, a stat-based gameplay at higher levels, and a recycling of the same enemy types with new coats of paint. Destiny 2 has a solid foundation to build on, but it's mired by your typical corporate overlords that are only interested in prolonging the same type of content.

DE is almost the exact opposite - Warframe has a lackluster combat foundation, but an incredible sense of style, a creative use of foreign mythology, a thirst for constant innovation, and of course a great F2P module. If only DE would consider the foundation before rushing to innovate system that are to be ultimately abandoned in favor of a new shiny. They're afraid to innovate where it most matters - the beginning.

Edited by Tellakey

Just now, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Except you read it wrong

I didn't say destiny is superior...i said what's in destiny that warframe doesn't have...just like i said what's in warframe that destiny does not have 

You want to tell me that warframe has better mission designs ? Ok 

You don't have to explicitly say something inherently implied when you compare two things, using one to point out the other is inferior.

Warframe is dull beyond the cosmetics, which includes the Warframes themselves, Destiny is ugly in cosmetics, but has the non-dull lacking in Warframe despite the "incredible" variety of classes. That's your argument