Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we change archwing controls now ?

Elyann

Question

Just came back after a couple of months ; I apparently missed liches , railjack and...archwing changes ? 

I honestly don't quite like or understand them ; having no afterburners sucks , I think manouvering got removed again or I still haven't figured out how to side / back flip to dodge , Itzal's 1 is now Valkyr's 1 and it's crap , Blink on shift double tap...? Can't we rebind it ? I honestly miss the times when archwings still felt like proper grav zero combat air fighting simulators.

Still, can we change its controls now somehow ? Or is there at least some kind of list for the new controls ?

11 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Elyann said:

I honestly don't quite like or understand them ; having no afterburners sucks , I think manouvering got removed again or I still haven't figured out how to side / back flip to dodge , Itzal's 1 is now Valkyr's 1 and it's crap , Blink on shift double tap...? Can't we rebind it ? I honestly miss the times when archwings still felt like proper grav zero combat air fighting simulators.

For blink, You can rebind it to "roll", which also effects your blink binding. You can find this in your control key binding options. Currently, as a default, blink is not binded to anything, and triggered with double shifting.

About the afterburner, its actually still there, but what was removed was crusing. pressing w + shift triggers afterburner directly. As of now, this afterburner now acts as you normal "sprinting".

And yes, we can no longer do backflips/barrel rolls on archwings. The Z axis is now locked for archwings, which sucks honestly.

On 2019-12-22 at 2:22 AM, Elyann said:

Just came back after a couple of months ; I apparently missed liches , railjack and...archwing changes ? 

Still, can we change its controls now somehow ? Or is there at least some kind of list for the new controls ?

Yeah, I'm just learning the hard way that Archwings no longer feel like Jets any more but just "Meh" floating in space. If they wanted to Nerf a particular Archwing I can kind of understand that but they took away the only thing I found fun about all Archwings which was the feedback of flying them. I get more of a rush and zoom feeling from playing a Zephyr or a Volt than I do by strapping a winged jetpack with thrusters to my back! I sure hope they can hear us, reconsider, and at least give us our tactile experience back.

3 hours ago, Ausrick said:

Yeah, I'm just learning the hard way that Archwings no longer feel like Jets any more but just "Meh" floating in space. If they wanted to Nerf a particular Archwing I can kind of understand that but they took away the only thing I found fun about all Archwings which was the feedback of flying them. I get more of a rush and zoom feeling from playing a Zephyr or a Volt than I do by strapping a winged jetpack with thrusters to my back! I sure hope they can hear us, reconsider, and at least give us our tactile experience back.

The point is that Itzal didn't even need a nerf. 
It was a perfectly fine archwing and had not been touched in years and years . Archwings meta was actually Amesha .
The only issue DE had with Itzal is that it possessed "blink" , which allowed the player to move faster within open area maps such as the plains of eidolon or the orb vallis. 
The community had already asked for an universal blink instead and for a rework to Itzal's first ability but what we got instead was yes...an universal blink ( on a cooldown...on an awful keybind...seriously double tap shift ?! Which is also the default key for sprinting or boosting when in AW mode ?! ) but Itzal's first ability apparently got changed with Valk's ( why ? It makes no sense. It's an horrible ability already , it makes even less sense on an archwing ).

4 hours ago, Talinthis said:

what i really love is the inconvenient location for blink

What do you mean? Do you not roll frequently in missions / have your Roll function bound to a comfortably-reached key?

Genuinely curious, I see people complaining about pinky cramps and whatever now and then, that just seems so strange to me
(granted, my personal control config is something that not everyone might call sane, but still).

Edited by NinjaZeku

On 2019-12-22 at 7:33 AM, Aadi880 said:

And yes, we can no longer do backflips/barrel rolls on archwings. The Z axis is now locked for archwings, which sucks honestly.

I don't know about backflips but rolls are still in (not sure about PoE/Vallis as I haven't been to either for a while) as I keep doing them accidentally. Been meaning to figure out exactly how and it might be broken on certain Archwings like melee is for anything other than sword-style weapons. I know I've done a roll on Odonata Prime sine Empyrean launched but not sure about Amesha.

14 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

What do you mean? Do you not roll frequently in missions / have your Roll function bound to a comfortably-reached key?

Genuinely curious, I see people complaining about pinky cramps and whatever now and then, that just seems so strange to me
(granted, my personal control config is something that not everyone might call sane, but still).

i constantly tap it a bit too soon and you end up in an animation lock for a moment that kills your momentum and blink doesnt work until you recover from it and you end up turning afterburner on/off. i bound roll to capslock now so it actually functions properly but the regular control scheme is very cumbersome

10 hours ago, Teliko_Freedman said:

What you can't do is loops, and spiraling.

Actually, you can do that too... Just not with the freedom that Experimental Flight gave us.

... I'm still waiting for the ability to actually use double precision controls, instead of just my Mouse.

But I'll be happy to simply use a proper analog controller, instead of that compressed debacle people insist on calling "controller" and the real name of the thing is actually "gamepad", which I refuse to use just for the better welfare of the bone structure of both my hands.

Edited by Uhkretor

What perspective are we looking at here?

We can't do this anymore since new archwing.

Screen-Shot-2019-10-05-at-9.53.52-AM.png

on the railjack, there are controls for it called Bank Left and Bank Right.

But the Archwing doesn't have that anymore.

The Railjack can do Loop de loops

rc-loop.gif

but Archwing can't because our Z axis is locked to pointing straight up or straight down.

Also I'm taking about controlled movements, not the dodge buttons in Archwing that I called backflip and barrel roll.

Edited by Teliko_Freedman
addition