Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vail proxima secret caches

Sandal-Senpai

Question

So I've been really grinding my RJ for the purpose of hunting Umbral Forma from proxima, but I have no idea what to look for or how to do it efficiently, the info is very scarce and not really helpful. I was wondering if someone could post pics of where did they found their secret cache and how does it look like.

17 answers to this question

vor 19 Minuten schrieb Myscho:

Missed the point... that one drops other stuff. He wants to know about the grineer caches that drop the umbra forma (at least that is what i've heared where you get them). The one in the video on the ship are the one that drop the special ephemera

Edited by WingR84
  • Like 1

Short answer: don't bother trying to farm it it's too rare.
Long answer: you have a 0,5% chance (or less) to find a rare/reinforced gineer container in one of the bases/galeons in the veil which then in turn has a ??% chance  to drop the umbra forma, yes it's RNG on top of RNG. Good luck with that.
Same goes for the sentient caches for the ephemera RNG on top of RNG on top of a time gate.

1 hour ago, WingR84 said:

Missed the point... 

No, you missed the point. That video shows exactly what to look for and how to look for it. It's a drop from the rare CONTAINERS that have a chance to spawn in the SENTIENT ship. This is not to be confused with the CACHES that can spawn in DERELICT ship.

The CACHES contain normally found railjack resources and Spectra Vandal parts.
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Veil_Proxima#Caches

The CONTAINERS have Capturas, Ephemera, and the Umbra Forma: [Depending on if Sentient or Grineer]
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Umbra_Forma

Umbra Forma blueprints can be acquired from reinforced crates in Empyrean missions on Veil Proxima.

Edited by Vaeldious
Corrections

The Sentient Anomaly

39 minutes ago, Vaeldious said:

It's a drop from the rare CONTAINERS that have a chance to spawn in the SENTIENT ship. This is not to be confused with the CACHES that can spawn in DERELICT ship.

The Official Drop Tables does NOT have it listed in the CACHES:
https://n8k6e2y6.ssl.hwcdn.net/repos/hnfvc0o3jnfvc873njb03enrf56.html

Wiki tells you exactly where when you look up Umbra Forma:
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Umbra_Forma

Umbra Forma blueprints can be acquired from reinforced crates in Empyrean missions on Veil Proxima.

Both can occur in ANY veil node, even simultaneously (I've encountered derelicts during anomaly runs).

Sentient ships are on a fixed timer, Derelicts are a case of RNG as far as I can tell.

Edited by Vaeldious
Corrections

1 hour ago, WingR84 said:

Missed the point... that one drops other stuff. He wants to know about the grineer caches that drop the umbra forma (at least that is what i've heared where you get them). The one in the video on the ship are the one that drop the special ephemera

lolwat the hek drugs you on man? OP clearly stated the following:

1 hour ago, Sandal-Senpai said:

So I've been really grinding my RJ(RAILJACK) for the purpose of hunting Umbral Forma from Veil Proxima, but I have no idea what to look for or how to do it efficiently, the info is very scarce and not really helpful. I was wondering if someone could post pics of where did they found their secret cache and how does it look like.

2 minutes ago, Vaeldious said:

The Sentient Anomaly

Have you seen the thread about the ephemera in the sentient ship? of all the people who've documented encounters there nobody got an umbra forma only the ephemera and captura scenes.

the umbra forma is from the grineer rare/reinforced containers not the sentient ones.

The point is that it isn't in the CACHE table.

Very well could be Grineer Containers, wiki doesn't specify which type

Edit: Wiki does specify which type. Reinforced Storage Containers as seen here:
140?cb=20170311112019
Can be found inside any Grineer tileset, so any objective asteroid/base/galleon etc within the Veil.

Edited by Vaeldious
Corrections

vor 36 Minuten schrieb Hawk_of_the_Reborn:

lolwat the hek drugs you on man? OP clearly stated the following:

What is your problem? He said he wants the umbra forma that drops from the boxes on the Grineer bases.
The video that the guy linked talks about the boxes on the sentient ship AND THOSE ARE THE WRONG BOXES.

You dont have to wait for the ship.. you can grind normal missions but the umbra BPs are so super rare that people are not even sure how/where to find them. Title of that video is "Sentient Rare Cache/Tenebrous Ephemera Farming Method" and not "Grineer Rare Cache/Umbra BP Farming Method"

I mean you could farm it the same way that the guy farms the rare boxes on the sentient ship (scan the normal boxes to make them gree on your scan vision, so other boxes that are not green have to be the new boxes), but besides that... the video doesnt talk about umbra forma BPs. The

Edited by WingR84

8 hours ago, Sandal-Senpai said:

So I've been really grinding my RJ for the purpose of hunting Umbral Forma from proxima, but I have no idea what to look for or how to do it efficiently, the info is very scarce and not really helpful. I was wondering if someone could post pics of where did they found their secret cache and how does it look like.

The reason there's so much confusion is because they drop so rarely that there haven't been any (published) sightings of them since they were found on Earth (and then removed from the Earth drop table). They are too rare to be farmed reliably.

Having said that, people are overloading the term "caches".

• Caches look like lockers, you press the interact button to open them. Each faction has their own look.
  • Orokin derelicts in Veil Proxima have "archives" which are just hacking consoles.
  • Containers are breakable boxes that drop their loot as pickups. Each faction has their own look.

The second thing that people are mixing up are Sentient and Grineer containers. Since the anomaly was found with loot in rare containers, people seem to have assumed that's also where Umbral Forma are.

Afaik, you're looking for rare/reinforced Grineer containers, found in Grineer bases. They are shinier versions of normal containers, and they emit a humming noise that sounds like the cache noise. In normal missions they'll drop stuff like credit boosters, forma, landing craft parts, etc. In Railjack they can also drop rush repair drones (I've seen these drop for someone streaming) and umbra forma (never seen).

Edited by schilds

Just from using the search feature and google real quick, these are from Grineer Reinforced Containers:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Storage_Container#comm-1472357

Then there's this post that says he got his Umbra Forma from a red winged Sentient Container:

Which of course, suggests that while the Ephemera can only drop from Sentient Reinforced Containers, the Umbra Forma can drop from either Grineer OR Sentient Reinforced Containers.

Edited by Vaeldious

On 2020-01-05 at 7:37 PM, Sandal-Senpai said:

So I've been really grinding my RJ for the purpose of hunting Umbral Forma

From my past experience for obtaining Umbral Forma, It's not something you can just went to a grineer ship, pop some boxes and grab it.
Example of my crude Math, DE plan to give 1 UmbForma per 1,000,000 boxes per Hour. The drop chance will be. (1/1,000,000)*100  = 0.0001% for you.
Blame the Math 😄.