Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add a dry dock to a relay

Celestrica

Previously, if I wanted a certain warframe or a weapon, that was locked behind a guild, but that was ok, because I could still go and play with randoms. Areas weren't gated.

Now though, I must be part of a guild to access empyrean content, on top of the grinding material requirement. And that's just disheartening. I'm ok to play with randoms. I don't want to stress over guilds arbitrary requirements, mandatory activity levels, etc. Just add a dry dock to the relays.

Maybe we'll care of the Balor Fomorian will destroy it.

You can always start your own solo ghost clan, as many did and DE advises. The costs are nothing too big specially if you progressed enough to be able to tackle Railjack missions as a captain. You don't even have to research most stuff in order to get your drydock, just build enough reactors and halls, make sure there is room for the drydock, and you're set.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

UM... complaining about joining a clan (or needing to make their own) to get something in a co-op game.....

Sorry but join or build a clan, the game is primarily designed to be co-op based and DE shouldn't need to keep catering for those that chose to play solo but still expect everything a clan has without spending the time building their own or contributing to a larger one.  

You chose to play solo and that's your choice, but that also means you need to foot the bill for a solo clan too imo.

58 minutes ago, Celestrica said:

Just add a dry dock to the relays

I like this idea, and totally agree about the way part of the game is locked behind a clan requirement being off.

26 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

The costs are nothing too big specially if you progressed enough to be able to tackle Railjack missions as a captain

They're still pretty high, especially as you then need to find the resources to build the railjack, which are fairly onerous.

3 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Sorry but join or build a clan, the game is primarily designed to be co-op based and DE shouldn't need to keep catering for those that chose to play solo but still expect everything a clan has without spending the time building their own or contributing to a larger one.  

You chose to play solo and that's your choice, but that also means you need to foot the bill for a solo clan too imo

I'm not sure it's that simple. I mean, it's a lot of forma and resources for 1 player, but also finding a clan is a right pain. Players leave or go inactive, clan admins can demolish stuff on a whim, often they're very badly run.

There's a difference between wanting to play with a team and playing with a clan. I always want a team and am happy to make new friends, but I can't always be online when the rest of the clan can or wants to be. Clans can be a commitment, not having the reliable time to do that doesn't mean you only want to play solo.

There are easy going clans out there, like mine, but then that's also why all the railjack kit we have was funded solely by me.

I wouldn't add a dry dock to every relay, instead I'd make a special relay (like Maroo's) that you can access once you can get to Saturn Proxima (so all Earth nodes and one Intrinsic up to 5).

This relay would have multiple dry docks, not just your own. Say up to 10 (with more instances when needed) where each is someone else's railjack. You could see their stats and join their team, or recruit your own team.

30 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

You chose to play solo and that's your choice, but that also means you need to foot the bill for a solo clan too imo.

I'm not playing solo. I'm playing a co-op game with other people.

Choosing public, or joining in to people in the recruitment channel. Not belonging to a clan doesn't mean I am a solo player.

There are various ways to address player contribution to the relay - such as relay standing bought with credits or missions in the area, daily docking fee etc.

Starting own clan is a right pain and shouldn't be the answer.

Edited by Celestrica

if you are not interested in stuff related to Clans but are active and want to get the things related to Clans, perhaps try joining "The Lone Rangers". this is a 'Solo not Solo' PC Clan which has no expectations from members (other than that they do actually play the game). a Clan pretty much for getting the benefits of being in a Clan without any expectations whatsoever from people.
no requirements to play together, no Timezone restrictions, no Research contribution requirements, no Event participation requirements, Et Cetera.

1 hour ago, Celestrica said:

Now though, I must be part of a guild to access empyrean content

you can Matchmake into other peoples' Ships without having your own, that is not the case.

Previously, if I wanted a certain warframe or a weapon, that was locked behind a guild, but that was ok, because I could still go and play with randoms. Areas weren't gated.

Now though, I must be part of a guild to access empyrean content, on top of the grinding material requirement. And that's just disheartening. I'm ok to play with randoms. I don't want to stress over guilds arbitrary requirements, mandatory activity levels, etc. Just add a dry dock to the relays.

Maybe we'll care of the Balor Fomorian will destroy it.

Join. A. Clan.

Simple, stop being "but muh solo" 

13 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Join. A. Clan.

Simple, stop being "but muh solo" 

Joining a clan is not the opposite of being solo.

With public matchmaking and recruitment channel there are plenty of ways to play together with other people and connect.

The clan experience is a very specific one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

I'm not sure it's that simple. I mean, it's a lot of forma and resources for 1 player, but also finding a clan is a right pain. Players leave or go inactive, clan admins can demolish stuff on a whim, often they're very badly run.

Not really there's plenty usually 'advertising' on the forum further down.....

49 minutes ago, Celestrica said:

I'm not playing solo. I'm playing a co-op game with other people.

So what's the issue then.... join a clan....

Just join a clan. There are literally hundreds, maybe thousands, of clans out there without rigorous requirements.

If you get kicked from a clan, just join another one.

You can also build your own clan. The costs for Ghost clans are ridiculously low, and If you recruit half a dozen people to help, the costs are a non-issue.

18 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

So what's the issue then.... join a clan....

Clans of choice are usually:

1) Unoriginal lame name you have to carry around everywhere to bolster the ego of the founder

2) You can contribute but the founder can change things willy nilly.

OR

3) Slightly less  unoriginal lame name you have to plaster as advertisement wherever you go BUT

4) you have to play on the clan's terms such as be active and login at least X amount of days

5) Commit resources or to runs or when doing runs commit to a certain MR/build whatever, which would be ok but I rather progress in my own pace.

All for the social aspect of what? of using recruitment chat and public matchmaking ANYWAYS because your time doesn't match their time, so you're doing the exact same thing socially. Only you have this potential of all that additional mess you don't care for instead of just jumping in and playing warframe. I see people belonging to clans having to use the recruitment channel, just like me, the so called "solo" player.

The other poster basically highlighted the problem as well. " There are literally hundreds, maybe thousands, of clans out there without rigorous requirements. " yeah because I want to sit and sift through that instead of playing. " and If you recruit half a dozen people to help, the costs are a non-issue. " Yeah, I reaalllly want to recruit. As of making my own - if I dont care about the clan content it is a significant contribution for a content I really dont care for.

And anyways why is the focus on my personal preference. Do you have feedback on my suggestion on making relays a bit more useful in this particular way? Why not add a drydock?

Edited by Celestrica

Clans of choice are usually:

1) Unoriginal lame name you have to carry around everywhere to bolster the ego of the founder

2) You can contribute but the founder can change things willy nilly.

OR

3) Slightly less  unoriginal lame name you have to plaster as advertisement wherever you go BUT

4) you have to play on the clan's terms such as be active and login at least X amount of days

5) Commit resources or to runs or when doing runs commit to a certain MR/build whatever, which would be ok but I rather progress in my own pace.

No idea what clans you've been looking at but there are plenty out there that don't fall into any of those 5 'issues'....

It really does sound like you have the issue not DE here....

11 minutes ago, Celestrica said:

And yet, I am not the one hyper focusing on a single player, ignoring the topic altogether.

What's your beef of opening it up on a relay?

There is no reason to.... that's why we have clans....

Why are you so adamant about not joining or making a clan.... as I said it seems more that you are the one with the issue about not joining clan not the fact DE stuck being in a clan as a requirement to build a railjack

Edited by LSG501

I have limited time, and do not want to pour that time and resources into something which I dont want or like.

Joining a clan is a right hassle too, finding the right one. Have you been the clan page? Finding one that doesn't have obnoxious name or obnoxious requirements, I rather go and play the game. People are into fashion framing here. Imagine, that you had to achieve this level of garishness to access sedna or else you always had to be taxi'd to it. Not everyone enjoys it.

By making it clan only it locks out content in a way, and forces people to join something which may not appeal to them (but doesn't actually increases the social aspect, considering I meet people using public matchmaking or rec channel).

By making it on a relay, it opens it more to players:

1. Who do like clans, but currently are looking for one, because of negative experience with the previous one, or just limited time to commit to a good one, or a waiting list.

2. People who have social anxiety and don't want to go and hunt down a person who needs to add them

3. People who don't like clans and don't want to commit to a clan for various reasons - aesthetic or otherwise.

4. Solo players. Which yes while not the ideal made by DE, is a valid way to play even when not catered to them, and they do help keep the game alive.

Your way however forces one way to play the game - how very clan-like of you.

DE has some good ideas, some godwaful ideas, and ideas that could use improvement. I consider it being clan only a poor one. you don't.

Edited by Celestrica

Just start a clan of 1 person. It’s fairly easy to gain Research materials nowadays. Building a room with a ghost clan only costs 1 forma.

if you count all functional dojo rooms, you only need 6 forma total.

Research materials? You can earn them from.....

1. Invasion Missions
  2. Fortuna Bounties Tier 4 (Research materials rotate with a cycle)

8 hours ago, Celestrica said:

I have limited time, and do not want to pour that time and resources into something which I dont want or like.

Joining a clan is a right hassle too, finding the right one. Have you been the clan page? Finding one that doesn't have obnoxious name or obnoxious requirements, I rather go and play the game. People are into fashion framing here. Imagine, that you had to achieve this level of garishness to access sedna or else you always had to be taxi'd to it. Not everyone enjoys it.

By making it clan only it locks out content in a way, and forces people to join something which may not appeal to them (but doesn't actually increases the social aspect, considering I meet people using public matchmaking or rec channel).

By making it on a relay, it opens it more to players:

1. Who do like clans, but currently are looking for one, because of negative experience with the previous one, or just limited time to commit to a good one, or a waiting list.

2. People who have social anxiety and don't want to go and hunt down a person who needs to add them

3. People who don't like clans and don't want to commit to a clan for various reasons - aesthetic or otherwise.

4. Solo players. Which yes while not the ideal made by DE, is a valid way to play even when not catered to them, and they do help keep the game alive.

Your way however forces one way to play the game - how very clan-like of you.

DE has some good ideas, some godwaful ideas, and ideas that could use improvement. I consider it being clan only a poor one. you don't.

And everything you listed is personal issues with clans.... why join a co-op game if you're not going to partake in a major part of the game.... it's not clans aren't needed for weapons or anything unless you want to buy everything with plat....

Sorry but it sounds even more like you're after something because YOU can't be bothered to join or build a clan, that's not a problem DE can solve and shouldn't need to waste time catering for those that don't play the game as intended.