Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Assault Rifle Experience.

Vespilan

15 hours ago, Vespilan said:

Assault rifles are not supposed to feel powerful. I know. Yet they are not supposed to feel like pea shooters either.

Tell that to my Fulmin when I'm getting another Prodman autograph. Sure, its not your typical assault rifle, but hey, its got that function. Pinpoint accuracy to where I can headshot Dargyn pilots in midair. Need a shotgun? Sure thing, coming right up, lemme take off this silencer and hold it for the rest of te mission. Run out of ammo? Just let the batteries recharge while you empty a clip of armor stripping secondaries or status compounding melee. The synergy with the arcane chargers is nice too.

vor 6 Minuten schrieb continue:

only one person has mentioned nullifiers

Thats because there are alot more ways to deal with nullifiers than shooting the bubble.

a) Popping into operator and killing the nullifier from inside
b) Targeting the drone 
c) Meleeing the bubble
d) Waiting until a teammate clears the nullifier and running for your dear life

Nullifier's shield decreases in size based on the attack damage. Any attack exceeding 400 in damage (which is really not that hard to hit, especially for non-assault rifles) shrinks the bubble by 24% according to the wiki. Thus five shots >400 damage fully deplete the bubble. The maximum amount of depletion is calculated per frame. Fast firing non-ARs (like the Kohm) would still have the upper hand when shooting point-blank at the shield, but snipers and shotguns have also a good chance at hitting the drone instead. 

This is not to say that ARs are weak against nullifiers but that most weapons fare similarly against them and there is no easy reduction to weapon-type.

ARs are not weak against nullifiers. rather, ARs' fundamental advantage against nullifiers is that they don't require you to do anything different than what you normally do. this fits into their archetype of being a gun that is reliable but without any special features

Normal assault rifles are boring, weak and few compared to other alternatives, yes.
I was searching for a normal assault rifle from the moment I started the game almost a year ago 'till now.
My favourite was the baza (normal one, still have one part to get for the prime) because it handles like a normal automatic rifle.
The other things that warframe consideres assault rifles like the amprex or Acceltra are now exactly what one might think of when knowing the term from other games.
Now I have all the 3 that I consider normal assault rifles - the baza, kuva karak and the prisma gorgon(more a machine gun but ...yea 😄 )

I would like them to give more stats to them or a overall buff like they did with melee weapons in general.Some kind of combo counter like snipers, yes or some thing exclusive to them.Give them a category not bunch them up with beam weapons(amprex/quanta witch is considered rifle or some othe bs like that) and other stuff and a bonuses to that category.

6 minutes ago, Vespilan said:

Thats because there are alot more ways to deal with nullifiers than shooting the bubble.

a) Popping into operator and killing the nullifier from inside
b) Targeting the drone 
c) Meleeing the bubble
d) Waiting until a teammate clears the nullifier and running for your dear life

bring mitter with the augment ;D

Edited by vegetosayajin

16 hours ago, CaptainMinty said:

I did. And it's blatantly obvious you're ignoring the powerful ones.
First off, crowd control is not king in Warframe currently, damage is. Gas is arguably one of the worst status procs in the game. Not as bad as poor magnetic, but it is down there. You're pretty contradictory saying single target weaponry is pretty useless in a standard mission environment, then doubling back on that saying that those very same guns can kill quickly, and move onto the next target quickly. Innit that the point of clearing a horde is to clear quickly? Plus, a Tiberon Prime can clean house too.

Secondly, the top tier assault rifles don't need a system to bonus their supposed weakness. The only thing holding back assault rifles is armor scaling. An assault rifle is meant to do consistent damage. Snipers and Shotguns can break through the power of enemy armor or just strip it clean off in the case of some shotguns.

If I've learned anything from using assault rifles it's that aiming is far more important, and thusly recoil control, because assault rifles have lower damage values than single shot shotguns and snipers. Assault rifles are meant for sustained fire.

Also, a quick list off the top of my head for assault rifles I've rocked through the sortie with no problems:
Prisma Gorgon, Prisma Grakata, Tiberon Prime, Braton Prime, Dera Vandal, Gorgon Wraith, Burston Prime, Baza, Prisma Tetra, Telos Boltor, Sybaris Prime, Soma Prime, Karak Wraith, Braton Vandal, Battacor. All of these worked against Grineer, arguably the worst faction due to armor.  To say that assault rifles are not viable in 80-100 content isn't accurate. They very much are viable.

Dunno how to tell you this, by the time you have killed a dozen of units using a sniper or assault rifle, I would have cleared the entire map with a melee weapon. Are assault rifles viable in 80-100 content? Sure. Any weapon with 4-5 forma is. But why bother, when you can have things that can clear a room in 2-3 secs. 

And I do not think that assault rifles, snipers or bows need a buff. Their goal is single target damage. They have their place (worlds bosses). For areas with many trash mobs, you are better off with a high AOE weapon (specially melee). 

Hmm I do not agree with the OP.  I think you've missed a couple of stonking good assault rifles that really deliver in the late/end game levels.

Tenora - Great full auto rifle, great crit chance and a really good fire rate, high puncture means you are effective vs armour and the alt fire is one of the most damaging attacks you can do with this type of weapon.

Telos Boltor - Like the Boltor but better in every regard.  Why would you not want that?

Supra Vandal - Come on, this this has massive fire rate, huge magazine size, fast spool up rate, can hit 100% status and Entropy Burst for extra base status and energy generation.  Throw this on Volt Prime with Growing Power and go to town. 

I play level 80-100 with assault rifle or vectis prime almost exclusively and I don't agree with your statement. I use mainly the Soma Prime and the Tenora and i can meltdown 100 heavy gunner without problems. With the Vectis prime it's almost cheating but sniper are so op that it's almost not fun.

Edited by (PS4)Herrwann69

For midgame I think any of them work well. For endgame there are too many that are lacking. Currently I only like 3 of them, Kuva Quarthakk, Acceltra and Fulmin. 

Kuva Quarth is overall good, a very nice weapon for your Wuclone. Nice amount of slash procs and so on. Nice to have hipfire full auto and aimed burst. Though I'd prefer if it was a toggle.

Acceltra is also just overall good. Works like an assault rifle with splash and damage of a rocket launcher. Nice sync with hunter munitions.

Fulmin works great in full-auto mode, respectable damage, nice crit and syncs well with hunter munitions. Perfect choice to pair up with Catchmoon, giving you two battery based weapons so you always have a full clip.

I’ve posted about this before myself. Currently pistols and melee or even shotguns (Kuva Kohm) are the best DPS in the game after some frames. Without Primed/Umbral critical chance/critical damage mods like the pistols and melee have rifles just can’t quit compete on higher level enemies. Until we get those Primed mods or DE changes rifle damage numbers it is what it is.  There are some rifles with a high dispo and with a great Riven they can be formidable weapons.  Prisma Grakata/Gorgon, I like Braton P (crit ch, slash, reload Riven on mine with HM), the Acceltra is great on its own.  We are getting rifle and shotgun kit guns at some point so I’m sure those will be top tier when they release.