Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titania Rework.

(XBOX)Vile Slanders

So begins the Gripes:

Spellbind & Lantern: Are useless; don't try to salvage them, scrap them entirely and design something new.

Tribute: Dust & Thorns are okay; Full Moon and Entangle are not. Entangle could be salvaged if the Slow effect wasn't solely applied to enemy movement speed, but also their Action Speed & RoF stats, before being buffed to 40% Slow instead of 25%. Full Moon needs to be scrapped in its entirety. As it stands, Full Moon is the depressing punchline to the sad little joke known as Tribute.

Razorflies: Better, more consistent replenishment is needed, as is better EHP, DPS, and capabilities. We're sacrificing a companion slot for these buggers, and these things can't heal Titania, restore/buff her shields, buff team crit, increase enemy drop rates or pickup quantity, strip armor, revive Titania, increase DR, or provide any form of meaningful compensation for the loss of a companion. Finally they get one-shotted as early as enemy level 35, making them some of the squishiest companions around. Their DPS is pretty timid too.

Razorwing's Vacuum: Should be optional, not forced. Energize Builds can't practically conserve Energy Orbs when Titania sucks them up from 15 meters away. (I'm breaking my rule about recommendations, but I'm gonna offer a POTENTIAL solution for this one and the former gripe: Make Razorflies Exalted modular Companions, similar to Venari; that way, they can carry the Vacuum mod for Titania AND gain both Support Abilities with EHP & DPS Scaling via Companion Mods).

Razorwing's New Controls: Deactivate sprint on collision. For those of us who play with Toggle Sprint, this is a must have. Otherwise you just grind face against a wall for 5 seconds while you deactivate sprint and decelerate.

Cast Times: Are bad, especially for a squishy frame that can't sustain much return fire. This is exacerbated by the fact that almost all of Titania's Abilities have two-handed lock-in animations, which effectively prevent you from performing any other movements or actions while you stand still and take on hostile fire.

Titania's Passive: Is Garbage because:

A.) Titania is presently only effective while using Razorwing.

B.) Titania's Passive has no effect on Razorwing & cannot be utilized while in Razorwing.

Ergo, Titania might as well not even have a passive at this point.

So ends the Gripes.

30 минут назад, (XB1)Vile Slanders сказал:

Titania's Passive: Is Garbage because:

A.) Titania is presently only effective while using Razorwing.

B.) Titania's Passive has no effect on Razorwing & cannot be utilized while in Razorwing.

This is not entirely true. Razorwing has its own passive ability - it has a 50% chance of avoiding the projectile.

And I'm currently using Titania in both modes, because razorwing resets the aim glide timer and it allows me to stay in the air indefinitely as long as I have some energy.

32 минуты назад, (XB1)Vile Slanders сказал:

Spellbind & Lantern: Are useless; don't try to salvage them, scrap them entirely and design something new.

Tribute: Dust & Thorns are okay; Full Moon and Entangle are not. Entangle could be salvaged if the Slow effect wasn't solely applied to enemy movement speed, but also their Action Speed & RoF stats, before being buffed to 40% Slow instead of 25%. Full Moon needs to be scrapped in its entirety. As it stands, Full Moon is the depressing punchline to the sad little joke known as Tribute.

The truth is that Tribute is also a useless ability. Why are you trying to save it?

I would prefer that Latern and Tribute be combined into one concept, as Latern objects that spread useful auras around them, and that Titania can safely carry in her hands as Volts shields. That is, it's area control, but you could switch between negative effects for enemies and useful ones for allies. It sounds much nicer and more fun than searching for a specific enemy once every 120 seconds.

37 минут назад, (XB1)Vile Slanders сказал:

Cast Times: Are bad, especially for a squishy frame that can't sustain much return fire. This is exacerbated by the fact that almost all of Titania's Abilities have two-handed lock-in animations, which effectively prevent you from performing any other movements or actions while you stand still and take on hostile fire.

You're behind. Only razorwing has this. Everything else doesn't slow you down.

And as I've said many times, DE need to start with basic mechanics. Let it razorwing only for 25 energy, but with normal weapons. Normal melee weapons can do air attacks, I know that, because now I only play air builds now. Next, we need something to encourage proper mode selection (normal and razorwing) depending on the situations. Or to encourage a combination of modes.

In any way, if Titania gets a good first 3 abilities, I won't worry about it, because it will only improve my current air build, which doesn't rely very much on razorwing. Dex Pixia is trash. Peace. xD

That’s like, your opinion man.

Valkyr has a passive that prevents long fall recovery animation; Hysteria has a passive that grants I-Frames. Somehow, both passives are active during Hysteria. You’re confusing abilities with passives, which are completely unrelated by the very definition. A passive is always active; an effect granted by an ability is only active when that ability is active.

• Like 1

11 минут назад, (XB1)Vile Slanders сказал:

Valkyr has a passive that prevents long fall recovery animation; Hysteria has a passive that grants I-Frames. Somehow, both passives are active during Hysteria. You’re confusing abilities with passives, which are completely unrelated by the very definition. A passive is always active; an effect granted by an ability is only active when that ability is active.

What about a quick recovery after knockdown? Hysteria gives you invulnerability, so you can't be knocked over. Valkyrie is not a very good example.

Anyway, I don't mind another passive ability. I'd like it to be something that works for empyreans in arching mode like hildryn and Garuda. It's too bad that Titania doesn't have anything like this, even though it's an archwing frame for normal missions.

Spellbind has a place in her kit (dot defense and solo augment trigger), Tribute is great now that it has a use (razorfly generator) her passive needs to be bugfixed since im 100% sure now that it no longer works on her razorwing dodge (which btw, it did effect, it wasnt just a out of 4 effect/worked on her barrel roll and dodge just as all other bullet jump mods influence dodge distance), the crux is giving lantern a place in the game loop.

As for controls, they just need to be updated to new new AW control (which return sprinting sidewarys and sprinting while aiming).

I don't play Titania at all for any reason. So, I guess I can jump in here and agree. But, I won't pretend I qualify as anyone to give proper feedback in regards to what she should "get".

All I will say is I think Exalted Weapons are extremely lazy wastes of abilities. Any frame defined mostly by such "skills" is pretty far down on my list. I have no interest spending 99% of the time in Razorwing using weapons I don't like with support skills that are rather lackluster.

Thanks for reading but consider a more experienced Titania player's feedback before mine.

Edited by ArcKnight9202
  • Like 2

2 часа назад, ArcKnight9202 сказал:

I don't play Titania at all for any reason. So, I guess I can jump in here and agree. But, I won't pretend I qualify as anyone to give proper feedback in regards to what she should "get".

All I will say is I think Exalted Weapons are extremely lazy wastes of abilities. Any frame defined mostly by such "skills" is pretty far down on my list. I have no interest spending 99% of the time in Razorwing using weapons I don't like with support skills that are rather lackluster.

Thanks for reading but consider a more experienced Titania player's feedback before mine.

I feel the same problem.

Yes, it is true that Dex Pixia has a good DPS. I focus on the word: good, because at 100% strength it is Phaedra, if you do not take into account slash prock, but Phaedra is a hell status minigun. And what can I say about Titania's 200% strength? Maybe 300%? It doesn't matter because my Lentz kills things easier and has more fun mechanics because I can kill myself. And my Lentz has a synergy with Latern, unlike Dex Pixia. This weapon is not effective and has nothing to do with fun, like sniper rifles or Tigris for example. What about razorwing blitz: is fun, because it turns Dex Pixia into a Tigris. It just changes the type of shooting from to burst fire and increases the DPS a bit, because you still have an ammo cap. But why can't I just take Tigris?

These are just the words of a man who plays like Titania on arbitrages and endurance runs. I think I'm experienced enough as Titania to say that your words make a lot of sense. Razorwing Titania now looks like a frame that actually cuts you off from content, because weapons are content too.

Edited by zhellon
  • Like 1

Does she need a rework? no does she need a revisit? yes I like all of her abilities to me they just need some tweaks. However I think Ash need a revisit but that dose not mean DE can`t do both of them at the same time.

If I were to revisit Titania, here is what I would do;

1st ability:

·       Increase ability radius from 5m to 10m.

·       Instead of them rag dolling, make them just hover in the air.

·       Enemies affected are vulnerable to damage.

·       Shooting enemies will have a 50% chance to drop health orbs. When picked up, it will send out a 15m wave of health regeneration giving her and allies 10 health a second for 5 seconds.

Synergy: if you use the 2nd ability on an enemy affected by the 1st ability, they have a 75% chance to drop energy orbs. It can also move the hovering enemy.

·       (Augment) When adding status affects to enemies, when a affected enemy is killed, the status will spread to nearby enemies in a 15m radios increased the damage and status duration by 50%.

2nd ability:

·       All buffs effectiveness will be increased to 75%.

·       The range of enemies affected should be in a 50m radius.

·       Thorns – the damage reflection should be 1000+ to make it useful. This can be increased by strength mods

·       Full Moon – it should also increase companion’s and butterfly’s movement speed.

·       Holding the ability will cycle through each buff highlighting enemies by chosen energy colours for five seconds.

·       Buffs should be absorbed into her no matter the distance.

·       Enemies that survive the hit their damage output is reduced by 50%.

Synergy: dust & thorns applies to 4th ability butterflies.

3rd ability:

·       Each enemy affected will increase the range by 2m to a cap of 10m.

·       The enemy affected will stay stationary in the air.

·       You can shoot at affected enemy loading elemental damage into it depending on what mods you have on your weapons. The butterflies and the explosion will release the elemental damage. Visually loading fire damage will show the butterflies and enemies on fire and will show fire explosion upon deactivation.

4th ability:

·       While using 4th ability, make the other ability cost half the energy.

·       While having the diwata (exalted sword) equipped, you can close the gap on enemies within 35m. This makes it to where you can reach the enemies quicker.

·       She is able to interact with the environmental objects while in this form. (hacking, opening doors)

·       (Synergy) If you cast the 1st ability on enemies, it will give the diwata 30% more damage when used on them.

Edited by (PS4)Vexx757
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, (XB1)Vile Slanders said:

16 hours ago, (XB1)Vile Slanders said:

17 hours ago, (XB1)Vile Slanders said:

This was changed. Have you even played the frame recently?

Also no comments on her current flight system? Ok then.

Edited by Pixzia

I just want her Lantern to pull in Spellbound Enemies tbh. 🙂

Enemies should also ignore the entangled Debuff as long as they are attracted to Lantern.

Lantern is somewhat ok at drawing in enemies (even though they don't just run up to it) and this just slows them down even more.

Edited by Pixzia
  • Like 1

Allllrighty then. Knucks crackles.

Let's give this a try. New take.

The diminutive temptress Titania and her entourage of bladed butterflies scatter their dust to disorient, enchant and beckon foes to their doom.

Passive: Fairy dust. A passive buff to her movement when not in Razorwing mode, increasing bullet jump and rolling distance. On performing a bullet jump creates a zone of fairy dust that grants this passive to other Warframes. While in Razorwing mode, Titania generates zones of dust every 10 seconds on terrain directly below her.

Notes: Not too strong, nice little flavour to her, but now possible to use for its purpose (buffing ally movement) while in Razorwing mode too.

1. Spellbind: Enemies become bewildered, losing all alertness and aggression, wandering aimlessly without attacking. Allies in range of cast become immune to Status Effects.

Synergy: If a Lantern Aura is active within range of the enemy, enemies will be drawn to it for the duration of the ability. (Example: Djinn's Fatal Attraction hypnosis.)

Notes: Better CC than floating, accomplishes original goal of the ability as a small area CC, has an un-forced Synergy with another ability that makes it beneficial for the two abilities to be cast, but each ability in this new take will function as needed independently as well to ensure that player is not forced to use two abilities to get the full effect of either.

2. Tribute: Cast on an enemy to deal a small amount of damage and generate a buff with three different effects depending on the kind of enemy targeted. All buffs affect allies within range of Titania.

Dust, granted by ranged enemies such as Lancers and Crewmen, reduces enemy accuracy by 50% on enemies in a 35m radius around Titania.
Thorns, granted by melee enemies such as Butchers and Chargers, reduces incoming damage by 50% and will reflect 50% damage back onto the attacker.
Entangle, granted by heavy enemies such as Bombards and Disruptors, slows enemies around Titania by 50% in a 35m radius around Titania.

Unforced Synergy: If a Lantern is active all auras granted by Tribute apply within range of Lantern, allowing Titania to not follow her team around to grant her buffs.
Forced Synergy: If Titania herself is within range of Lantern all auras gain additive 25% effectiveness (too good an idea to pass up, especially with Lantern's changes later).

Notes: Now with 25% less clutter and ditch the pickup requirement as people know that Razorflies picking up the buffs is a bandaid. Will count summoned units such as Hyekkas as Melee units and flying enemies like Ospreys as Ranged units. Gives Titania all her usual buffs, also increases the effects of Entangle at base to give everything that 50% across the board. Ability Auras are not affected by mods, still, because of how easy this ability is to use and because of the Force Synergy to reward Titania for actually standing her ground when she needs to.

3. Lantern: Place a beacon of light with a base range of 20m to lure in enemies. Enemies treat Lanterns as Decoys to attack and to this end a Lantern can scale in the same way that Molt does (based on damage taken after deploying), enemies within range of Lantern will be dealt damage over time that increases with the damage dealt to them with a 15% chance of a Blind per tick. On destruction of a Lantern, all accumulated damage is dealt to all enemies in range.

Ability can be recast, but will cause original to be destroyed with no radial damage dealt. If Titania enters the range of her own Lantern, the effective range is doubled up to a cap of 50m.

Synergy: Enemies affected by Spellbind will approach Lantern without aggression for duration of Spellbind.
Synergy: Lantern will project the Auras gained by using Tribute, if Titania is within range of Lantern while Tribute Auras are active, all Auras gain 25% effectiveness within Lantern's range.

Notes: A placed buff banner for allies means that Titania can actually use the buffs she gets without having to sit in one place. However the game does have multiple modes that encourage being in or around one place, such as Defense, Mobile Defense, Interception, Survival, Excavation, Defection and so on. In which case, taking Titania to those kinds of missions will net a direct benefit for Titania actually joining her allies on or near the objective, rather than hovering above the action trying not to be seen before she shoots things. The Decoy nature will also be good for the quicker game modes such as Capture and Rescue, as placing the banner before starting hacks or capturing would legitimately decoy enemies while she works in her full-size form (no need for Void Mode if you don't like using it). Plus, it functions independent of Titania too, with the fact that it can scale to last longer when you're at higher levels, and it has a damage portion based on how well the enemies actually kill it, meaning that it will always last a guaranteed amount of time, no matter how high level the enemies, and it will also deal proportional damage back meaning it could even scale up to decent numbers against Armoured units.

As a further point, if Titania is for some reason out of Razorwing to use her regular weapons instead of the Pixia, having the bonus effects of that forced synergy would help her stay alive far better than currently.

4. Razorwing: Leave as is, although I can see the benefit of the quality of life change suggested by OP, the sprint toggle one. Please note: OP is actually incorrect about range of Vacuum, it's 10m, not 15m. Having an on-off switch for Vacuum would stop so many complaints... but reducing it to 3m would not only have the same effect but also stop Titania from having to dive-bomb so hard to get pick-ups. Have Tribute generate Razorflies up to the cap of 8 based on casting rather than being based on which buffs we have, prevents the changes I've suggested being a net-nerf to her Razorfly numbers.

On the other hand, I don't agree with setting Razorflies as an active Companion, purely because the reason that we lose our Companions when in Razorwing mode is because Companion AI does not understand Razorwing mode, it can't follow or 'connect' to us, and so the base function of Razorflies as a Companion would fall into that category of problem. In addition, given that Razorflies are not the primary damage source of the ability, the guns are, having Razorflies actually as a mod-able companion isn't really necessary, you don't actually gain anything from that other than more ability to AFK instead of using them for their purpose of being a direct distraction for enemies that would shoot at you instead.

tl;dr,

I know OP said that they don't want the 1 and 3 anymore, but the themes and naming is too good for 'Titania the Fairy'. Reworked them for different functions that I feel are still in keeping with the theme.

• Like 3

I think she could use improvements, but I don't think she's THAT far off.

Spellbind would introduce a nice melee synergy if it counted as the Lifted status to enemies, and Tribute's biggest problem in my eyes is that while it's nice to have certain enemies provide certain buffs it comes at the cost of making it hard to get the one(s) you want / all of them. Lantern could also stand to be a bit more aggressively attracting to enemies so its safer for CC.

Generally speaking I think increasing either the base Range or Duration on her 1-3 abilities could go a long way to making her easier to build with it. Her biggest fault right now is that she truly wants all of everything to make those abilities shine, leaving no room for mods that can help her survivability - which also makes Razorwing that much more important.

The most "radical" change I'd be interested in is that when collecting a soul from Tribute it turns into an (immortal) Razorfly that grants the buff. The rationale is that this provides a way to have up to 4 Razorflies outside of Razorwing - reinforces that part of her theme, makes picking up subsequent tributes easier, and is a damage & survivability boost.

Edited by kailaasa