Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack missions need to end sooner

(PSN)oblivion_13test

When the missions objectives are complete the mission needs to end right then and there. Not when the captain decides to go to the next mission or dojo. I checked the update notes to see if this has changed and did not see anything. So as it stands the crew is stuck at the whims of the captain. With all objectives complete and time invested the captain can now hold the crew hostage. They can sit and do nothing for as long as they desire the crew has to sit and wait or abort and lose rewards. Had this happen on two missions in a row yesterday and many missions before that. I am sure this captain troll will only get worse causing players countless hours of wasted time and lost rewards. I have a feeling this will never get changed since still after all these years a player can still not leave a survival mission with rewards. Giving players/host controll over other players rewards is never a good idea.

1 minute ago, (PS4)oblivion_13test said:

Then why after 30 seconds if I want leave I have to abort and get no rewards.

You get mission abort, meaning you want to leave session - then you receive pop-up saying all your progress will be saved. And it is saved. I know there is an ui bug showing no loot, but in my experience it works for affinity and rewards are added to my inventory.

It works pretty much the same as Fortuna or PoE.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, puciate said:

You get mission abort, meaning you want to leave session - then you receive pop-up saying all your progress will be saved. And it is saved. I know there is an ui bug showing no loot, but in my experience it works for affinity and rewards are added to my inventory.

It works pretty much the same as Fortuna or PoE.

Did they change this in the PC patch? I know for a fact after aborting long after the mission was over twice yesterday I received no rewards and no intrinsics.

33 minutes ago, (PS4)oblivion_13test said:

I have a feeling this will never get changed since still after all these years a player can still not leave a survival mission with rewards. Giving players/host controll over other players rewards is never a good idea.

For survivals they did change it so a single player can go to extract and just wait out the timer to leave on their own. Sometimes it bugs and doesn't work until another player arrives, I'm playing the pc version though, no idea about ps4.

36 minutes ago, (PS4)oblivion_13test said:

Exactly and if the captain wants to sit at the end of the mission and do nothing for half and hour I have to wait or abort and lose rewards.

I was held hostage once by a guy insisting on farming every last crumb of Titanium. can't say I blame him, but when your farm is inconveniencing others, that's not good. some very light persuasion (flying around him shooting constantly, in a manner that says "I'm not gonna stop, take us to the dock please") got through in the end, but it can be an issue.

most of the time though, people head back after one or two missions anyway because if you do more than 2, there's a chance it could glitch and you can't move anywhere in a 3rd mission, making it impossible to complete. yes, this is actually a thing, and we've been dealing with it since before Christmas. DE needs to hold off on Nightwave season 3 and get those fixes to us first, but they already confirmed the won't do that...

vor 3 Stunden schrieb (PS4)oblivion_13test:

Did they change this in the PC patch? I know for a fact after aborting long after the mission was over twice yesterday I received no rewards and no intrinsics.

When you say you get no rewards are you checking in your inventory before and after or just look at the mission end screen because the the mission end screen is not accurate.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)joehan1287 said:

When you say you get no rewards are you checking in your inventory before and after or just look at the mission end screen because the the mission end screen is not accurate.

And sometime syou have to return to the Orbiter for it to update.

I had my guns stay at Rank 0 in the Dojo after returning from a RJ mission, but they went to their leveled up states when I went to the Orbiter.

2 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I was held hostage once by a guy insisting on farming every last crumb of Titanium. can't say I blame him, but when your farm is inconveniencing others, that's not good. some very light persuasion (flying around him shooting constantly, in a manner that says "I'm not gonna stop, take us to the dock please") got through in the end, but it can be an issue.

most of the time though, people head back after one or two missions anyway because if you do more than 2, there's a chance it could glitch and you can't move anywhere in a 3rd mission, making it impossible to complete. yes, this is actually a thing, and we've been dealing with it since before Christmas. DE needs to hold off on Nightwave season 3 and get those fixes to us first, but they already confirmed the won't do that...

The thing is unless your captain was farming Titanium on the first node of earth he was wasting time because there is far more titanium on earth than anywhere on Saturn or the Vail. The captins I have been dealing with are not even farming they just sit there and do nothing the ship does not even move and no communication for over 15 minutes before I left. With the wait time and game time it was well over and hour of wasted time.

35 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

And sometime syou have to return to the Orbiter for it to update.

I had my guns stay at Rank 0 in the Dojo after returning from a RJ mission, but they went to their leveled up states when I went to the Orbiter.

I checked for rewards in the orbiter and then went to my dry dock and checked. So I am saying if you leave the mission any time before the captian either goes to another mission or the dry dock you don't get intrinsics, wreckage parts, avionics, or resources. The point is after the objectives are done people should be free to do what they want they could stay and farm or leave right away with rewards.

I usually ask my crew if they want to loot stuff or leave. But I can see how this can be used maliciously by some captains.

I think the crew should be able to use the navi and return to docks on their own. That way those who wants to loot can loot, those who wants to leave can do so.

Edited by Currilicious

Part of the underlying problem is that only the host can choose to extract or the next mission. It also creates a situation if the host dies and loses all their revives, then the squad cannot do much about it. All three of the others alive? Can't leave the mission, even after completing it. It is the biggest, most detrimental bug in Railjack imo. Give the squad the ability to choose the next mission if the host dies.