Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About the clan key....

abysstalefoxy

6 minutes ago, abysstalefoxy said:

I'd say make the key build fast like the derelict keys when they take 1 minute or just remove them. I'd say make the keys build in 1 minute

Reducing the time gate makes it too easy for people to jump in and out of clans.  DE seemingly wants there to be some weight behind the choice to join a clan.  I doubt they'd simply remove a time gate without a better reason.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Reducing the time gate makes it too easy for people to jump in and out of clans.  DE seemingly wants there to be some weight behind the choice to join a clan.  I doubt they'd simply remove a time gate without a better reason.

How about the clan key takes a minute, but you can't leave a clan unless you've been in it for a certain amount of time, and you can't join a new clan for a certain amount of time after being kicked from a clan? 

2 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

How about the clan key takes a minute, but you can't leave a clan unless you've been in it for a certain amount of time, and you can't join a new clan for a certain amount of time after being kicked from a clan? 

I'd rather not bother building  key, honestly.  The sadist in me wants to have people perform tests like Mastery Ranks or allow clans to design their own tests/trials for joining and leave out hard time gates.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I'd rather not bother building  key, honestly.  The sadist in me wants to have people perform tests like Mastery Ranks or allow clans to design their own tests/trials for joining and leave out hard time gates.

You seen those insane "beat this parkour course to win a play prize" contests? I tried one of those for fun, that course was insane. These clans would be impossible to join. 

Edited by Miser_able
  • Like 1

Just now, Miser_able said:

You seen those insane "beat this park our course to win a play prize" contests? I tried one of those for fun, that course was insane. These clans would be impossible to join. 

Then they'd be forced to change their joining requirements or never grow.

sesame street idk GIF

7 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

3 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Then they'd be forced to change their joining requirements or never grow.

sesame street idk GIF

I have no problems with this idea.

Recruiting is already is a chore. You usually shout in recruitment chat for half an hour and get 5 or 6 recruits on a good day. Even a simple requirement like discord is enough to make players think twice on joining. 

If you add a skill requirement to that clan heads will make it too easy so players wont want to leave, which they will anyways once they get their ignis wraiths (if thats their plan all along) or make the clan heads recruit even harder to get the same amount of players to join. The 12 hour requirement is already baseline deterrent so players don't jump around clans too much. 

5 minutes ago, DissentWomble said:

Recruiting is already is a chore. You usually shout in recruitment chat for half an hour and get 5 or 6 recruits on a good day. Even a simple requirement like discord is enough to make players think twice on joining. 

If you add a skill requirement to that clan heads will make it too easy so players wont want to leave, which they will anyways once they get their ignis wraiths (if thats their plan all along) or make the clan heads recruit even harder to get the same amount of players to join. The 12 hour requirement is already baseline deterrent so players don't jump around clans too much. 

ah ok

43 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

No. I'll stick to a 12 hour key instead of this. Thanks.

at least it's not 24 hours like with Forma. you know, those things which you're going to build a ton of to invest in all your favourite weapons and frames, and will actively farm..

..compared to a clan key you might use only once or twice in the space of a year or more, especially when all your research is done, there's not much incentive to switch clans outside of friendship reasons.