Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop - Kuva Lich Changes Coming Soon™ PART 2

[DE]Rebecca

1 minute ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

I'm still waiting for just the answer without insults, thank you.

You asked a stupid question no one cares about or cares enough to even answer because it's a waste of our valuable time besides I always kill my lich even if I fail all requiems because of a bug even if I fail I still get it to count and kill them on the first spawn

Just now, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

It's not a stupid question, and it's not for you. It's for (PS4)thegarada. I'm going to continue awaiting my answer, please wait your turn.

Oh so you think your a bigshot nope your just a lowlife peasant to all us console players on expensive rigs worth 3500dollars 

8 minutes ago, warmastercain said:

Oh so you think your a bigshot nope your just a lowlife peasant to all us console players on expensive rigs worth 3500dollars 

For a nobody, I sure seem to be upsetting you somehow. I'm sorry but no, I'm going to either await an answer or assume that the person I was talking to has forfeited the argument.

2 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

For a nobody, I sure seem to be upsetting you somehow. I'm sorry but no, I'm going to either await an answer or assume that the person I was talking to has forfeited the argument.

Eh I just hate people who won't take a hint the guy probably wants nothing to do with you so of course I'm going to step in I've been playing since 2012 this is my secondary account I only use to check out new updates before consoles get them my main account is a grand master founder and closed beta testers 

1 minute ago, warmastercain said:

Eh I just hate people who won't take a hint the guy probably wants nothing to do with you so of course I'm going to step in I've been playing since 2012 this is my secondary account I only use to check out new updates before consoles get them my main account is a grand master founder and closed beta testers 

Good lord man. Put in some commas in that run on sentence, it physically hurts to try reading this

Hey Rebecca and the team,

Great modifications incoming, the only part left is to make the thrall / murmur hunting more integrated into the regular missions, at the moment it's very tedious and often done in solo (matchmaking with someone else is very rare, even rarer to stay in group at the end of a mission). Maybe by fusing Kuva missions with lich missions, or making thrall present in EVERY missions of the planet. And also, let us do 30 min survival in kuva lich mission not just 5min (and let thralls spawn up until the moment we leave excavation or disruption missions).

just wanna say what i dont like real quick because am really mad,i tried and farmed relic and opened them, volunteeer at many and never gotten rid of my lich or have any support in the special way to get the runes inside a relic is dumb, these should be in quest and rewards, or dropped by enemies and keys or hacks, the relics should allow for chances at other blueprints and weapons, convinced that some special kit-parts, accesories, and weapons should be given to each kuva content and mission, while opening and participating in Siphon have its own special rewards appart from just a chance at a relic, it should be guaranteed ways to get all the relics and their catalyst or points or set of exchangable items, they are repetitive missions but are fun and missing unlockables which should make operator mode more fun, and less traped behind a lense.

I really like operator mode, but alot of warframes dont have special features, robotics,,spectre additions, because each school sstem can be affected by special enemies and the players mods could hamper or jam under some status effects realistic ally the rain and weather additions can be interesting to make furtuna and each planet domains matter, allowing for further types of content and enemies with more dominance and rewards, blueprints can have associations per school bonuses to those mods, and endo with refined into something which can be exchanged for temporary or passive customization later, but at lest have those mod on the warfream and weapons give operators additional movements and attacks, operators get nothing copmpared to warframe and waeapons, operator prime, 

seeing alot of kuva stealing my S#&$, but i get no comforts or changes as ai struggle, rather see those things in open world and bounties sso give exploration a bit of flexibility.

amps can also draw power from natural resources and change their aspected magic types, its not like we cant twist void damage with a mirrortrick, shooting at ice or a wall should do some blast or AOE explosion once in a while the operators should do ore interesting or unique things, we dont have finishers or anything special, so we always are vulnerable and lack things to unlock on the board.

, and takes a while, really most players just rely on simaris for points and leveling so props to simaris for being a simple guy, but i didnot know until another player told me, the same goes for credit farming and collecting lich things, its convoluted and not many lich are avaliable, so they should be many per planet, mutant or not, i would think replaying missions should allow at some new enemies and kuva or lotus related activite, new monsters, and paradozes, if not at least the types of rewards and loot, to find from scans, finishers, and exp/points aquised to be something that one can transfer into unlockables for the older warframes and weapons that aren't prime or prisma upgrades, mods, and kitparts, amps, new abilities, passive traits to change up old content, liek a regular rpg game so players have at least a reason to replay each planet.

On 2020-01-29 at 4:49 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

What you can’t expect is the ‘Lich be-gone’: We have removed the prototype for this for now, because rather than not fixing the core loop and just letting a Lich be banished, we intend to focus on the core loop first. Since duplicates are now opt-in and have value for a min-maxer, there’s less of a reason to dispel a Lich. 

I really have to applaud this, please do this more. Solve the problems instead of the symptoms.

9 hours ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

It's that we should not be rewarded for getting a wrong stab.

A downed, stabbed enemy, not killing you for not guessing a random number correctly is not a reward lmao. It doesn't give you anything. Lich levels up, gains territory and loses agro. Player is still punished, as in Lich gains power. You quoted the whole comment of mine, but did you even bother to read it before replying?

Kuva Liches are immortal killing machines who seem, by their annoying lines, to love/hate us like a Batman/Joker kind of dynamic.

!SPOILER ALERT!

Spoiler

Warframes are immortal(Hunhow and Stalky boy have a short discussion on that) killing machines(Orokin would prove it if we didn't kill em all) as well, not only in lore, but also during actual gameplay - lich gets 3 revives per node, I get 4 or 6 AND down it while surrounded by its minions. What now? Is it a tie? Or should I tell the joker that I just bottom texted him and that he lives in a society?

They want us dead to prove to us that Tenno/Warframes are ancient news and have no right to be a thing anymore. To top it off, for a Grineer, anything that is NOT grineer should die as it's unworthy to live at all. A grineer letting us live is the stupidest thing ever. 

How does the lich "lEt mELIvE" if I down it and then stab it? It's not like I'm stabbing it mid-fight while its at the top of its power, ready to react. The #*!%er is kneeling and wheezing as if I hit it with the wu-flu. It ain't in a position to "let" me live, since it's basically at my mercy instead lmao. That's why the kill feels so out of place. Not only does it come out of nowhere, over nothing, it also comes from a weakened, pretty much knocked out enemy when it gets stabbed.

As it stands currently, when lich kills me in such a state, it feels so out of place that it just looks pathetic. It reminds me that it's literally the only way that thing can kill me lmao - it can only get me in a cutscene after I basically won the damn fight because the script said so. And how do I deal with that? I just shrug, press a revive button, realizing that I could do it 5 more times in a single mission, and then I just move on with the murmur grind. How immersive and lore-friendly is that? It's out of place, it's artificial and it comes from a random guess.

The whole reasoning for a half-assed illogical gameplay mechanic with no actual consequences is just some fluff. It's hard to take any of that sersiously because people act so high and mighty about it with that "hurr durr challenge hurr durr punishment hurr durr liches are stronk" attitude, yet even the reasoning behind that whole thing is as weak as the liches themselves. Not everyone likes to pretend that the enemy who can only kill us in a cutscene is the most dangerous thing ever, maybe DE find a way to implement it back in properly one day, but saying that it worked just fine won't help the situation.

Edit: during the Devstream 137 Steve mentions that stabbing a Lich with parazon hurts the Lich, even if the mod order is incorrect. Looks like someone is 100% #*!%ing wrong now. Welcome to the new canon. Oops.

1 minute ago, Lone_Dude said:

-snip-

Failed stab=the lich gains a second wind and goes all Fallout 4 salesman and says "I'm gonna stop you right there" by being a bane's knee to your batman's back.

Successful stab=you get in a successful hit and either continue the fight or defeat the lich once and for all, depending on how many stabs you got in during that fight.

9 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Failed stab=the lich gains a second wind and goes all Fallout 4 salesman and says "I'm gonna stop you right there" by being a bane's knee to your batman's back.

Successful stab=you get in a successful hit and either continue the fight or defeat the lich once and for all, depending on how many stabs you got in during that fight.

Nice "no u". Your galaxy brain has the same amount of power as liches do when they don't have a "I got knocked out and stabbed just now but I'm somehow right back on my feet and can overpower a literal war god infused with the power of the void which makes no sense" boost. Meaning - none. Have a good one.

So then we get RED VEIL and other syndicates to participate in the whole kuva aspect, not jsut customization and operator abilities added, blueprints and special ammo, but a buttoad of new items which make replay interesting, these can be a few additions to archwing, operatives, and recluse who join during bounties, during free-roam, and bodyguards, or spectre per clan, rank, and sublet, usually the kuva missions require alot of DPS and missions just got regular rewards, so only the high level players are benefiting from this thing, even if they get dragged in and a bunch of catalyst appear in the area, there is a chance that anything goes wrong like an earthquake or suden explosion triggers the systems, and alerts the kuva and liches underlings which also grant loot, weapons to build, such as knives and relay kits, and keys to open those locked (OS) red/yellow/green/ secured doors, gaining boosters and temporary help from nearby, but carnage for kuva to gloat as well, i have seen two kuva fight next to each other, and also they dont drop great loot, the siphon missions are boring and lack context, theres one girl talking even thought HQ could have more underlins and NPC, audio cues, nearby good guys minning and providign support are decent text, what a bout a kuva paddle for lunaro? or some new amps? arcanes? bows? 

emotes and loot from scanning enemies, hacking rewards, and temporary bonuses per mission, i like how we have syndicates we are affilicated to many of we are great enemies of or elies but get no support, on the last form i wrote taht each rank grants u benefits to random help and temporary boosters to some tthis can mean that reload speed is better on machine guns per mission or  on some customization, but a definate visitation reward syste is worth it for syndicates and users of bounties, replaying different planets and this keeps the game interesting, especially if its likely that its rainy or its night, the weather and lighting changes doesnt really affect gameplay much, i want there to be that type of disctingtion or realism so that weapons jam, or stop functioning, or require a battery or energy to perform special attacks, finishers, and some mods can create special procs on item pickups, after rolling usually, transference for example relies on arcanes, ur completely nude afterwards, without any protection unless u use UMBRA, so even with a pet bird and a soft shield we get out quick, and the melee attacks are lacking luster without school or focus, a lense, so basically its up to the syndicates and kuva to allow for new unlockables, althougha there are special chests and relics which SHOULD contain new amps, parts and arcanes through participation, the school system is tied to mods, and operators see no benefits on that link, i think it would workout for warframes who aren't prime or equipemtn to also have customization and temporary benefits without aughments or mods, just picking up a energy pellet or a set of ammo should change how the shoots function or look, and its parameters, status procs, and elemental damage types should be new ones, which like destiny create holes, or cause enemies to get stuck like our warframe abilities, to make solo and team play more interesting u can think up how kills and finishers refill bullets and vulnerabilities, but each planet should have their own set of merits regardless, this means that the kuva know what is goaod about the ice maps and how to further shield or make a lato interesting, robots with ice shields like Mega Man, to open the game winds and snow into freezing movement and jumping speed, not just under vampire mode settings, but overall in each mode and game area to feel fantastic and unique, otherwise players will always just extract and bullet jump through without enjoying the night / day cycles, occasional excavators and sublet fates which might spawn kuva siphons and new enemies is little help if it had new loot, but the same goes for bounties and operator growth, or temporary effects per game session.

ETC.

Just now, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Liches are powered by kuva, which is the closest alternative to void powers that any entity in this game can have.

Nice "no u" btw

And that doesn't mean that it wins over a knock out and a stab lmao. Your willingness to stoop down to simple reflects without actual meaningful replies simply means that you have already lost 10 times over, but I think you enjoy losing, so it's just fine. You don't really have any privellege to act smug about "no u"s, since you're the one who started that circle.

I looked at the comments above and it seems you dumped all of your personality points into pure re-gal-ded stubbornness. Good for you, continue the futile attempt to justify the existence of a feature that was already removed and dennounced by the community AND developers.

34 minutes ago, Lone_Dude said:

A downed, stabbed enemy, not killing you for not guessing a random number correctly is not a reward lmao. It doesn't give you anything. Lich levels up, gains territory and loses agro. Player is still punished, as in Lich gains power. You quoted the whole comment of mine, but did you even bother to read it before replying?

!SPOILER ALERT!

Reveal hidden contents

Warframes are immortal(Hunhow and Stalky boy have a short discussion on that) killing machines(Orokin would prove it if we didn't kill em all) as well, not only in lore, but also during actual gameplay - lich gets 3 revives per node, I get 4 or 6 AND down it while surrounded by its minions. What now? Is it a tie? Or should I tell the joker that I just bottom texted him and that he lives in a society?

How does the lich "lEt mELIvE" if I down it and then stab it? It's not like I'm stabbing it mid-fight while its at the top of its power, ready to react. The #*!%er is kneeling and wheezing as if I hit it with the wu-flu. It ain't in a position to "let" me live, since it's basically at my mercy instead lmao. That's why the kill feels so out of place. Not only does it come out of nowhere, over nothing, it also comes from a weakened, pretty much knocked out enemy when it gets stabbed.

As it stands currently, when lich kills me in such a state, it feels so out of place that it just looks pathetic. It reminds me that it's literally the only way that thing can kill me lmao - it can only get me in a cutscene after I basically won the damn fight because the script said so. And how do I deal with that? I just shrug, press a revive button, realizing that I could do it 5 more times in a single mission, and then I just move on with the murmur grind. How immersive and lore-friendly is that? It's out of place, it's artificial and it comes from a random guess.

The whole reasoning for a half-assed illogical gameplay mechanic with no actual consequences is just some fluff. It's hard to take any of that sersiously because people act so high and mighty about it with that "hurr durr challenge hurr durr punishment hurr durr liches are stronk" attitude, yet even the reasoning behind that whole thing is as weak as the liches themselves. Not everyone likes to pretend that the enemy who can only kill us in a cutscene is the most dangerous thing ever, maybe DE find a way to implement it back in properly one day, but saying that it worked just fine won't help the situation.

not only that but other team mates can acomplish realistic feats, but what bothers me is taht the rewards are lacking original parts such as kit-gun or amp parts, with so many operator schools and nothing to learn, we get passive traits, and other stuff that has no growth, these lich cards and relics are a pain in the ass so far, although i do like how the lich fight and how u geta chance at killing or partnering up with them, its something that should be added to open worlds and no just smaller levels, with other modifications, loot, and replayability, i mean its really hard content and it has high RNG, i already said teh boxes and relics have no interesting loot, just cards or mods for the parazon which just came out, so nothing fancy or aughmenting is found, so i wanna see some kit-parts, amps, and mods added to these experiences, auras are good, arcanes, and other improvements when doing bounties at cetus, or fortuna, because these places are great for this kind of stuff, even if it means that kuva siphon or excavators appear randomly at least taht means you dont have to go to a particular node or planet to rely on excavations, the wolf thingy is bullS#&$ too, i also think other boss fights, story and missions have terrible rewards or bad replay loot which can be fixed with additional enemies, temporary random generalizations  algorithings based on each area so players dont just run to extraction, keys dropped by enemies or interesting pickups or crazy ammo types like other games, each planets only weakness is taht it has no special or interesting loot but just warframes and locked content, so the kuva lich should addapt to or specialize around these concepets and the allies taht it can find from infecting or governing these areas, which inturn modifies the types of mods and pickups discovered, found inside lockers, and combat aspected damage types, if u know what i mean, press 1, otherwise well what were u sayin!

4 hours ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

The fight cannot be won until the lich dies for good. Just because I survived does not mean I won. The lich's purpose is to kill you and be a meaningful threat that you cannot just one-hit-kill like a trash mob

Actually no, the lich's purpose was do die and be reborn over and over until he finaly got killed. That was the system they actually sold us, but not the system we got.

The word "lich" loses allof it's meaning in the system they went live with. If they had gone with the system they sold us the meaning of the word "lich" would have been 100% intact. Now with the changes coming it is 75% intact, us killing them and having them resurrect would be better instead of the "muahahahahawawawa! better luck next time chump!" we will get. Then slamming us in the floor as a getaway move would also have been a cherry on top, without the frame dying. Some Kuva overload as they res and backhand us into the wall or bending us improperly over their knee.

Is there even a way to properly bend someone over your knee?

Just seen the fusion updates for kuva weapon valence.
Little nit-pick. The fact that it auto-applies the damage type to your existing weapon seems like a mistake. Say I have a 5 forma, 56% corrosive valence stubba and I want to boost it to 60% with same damage type, I'd have to be applying my forma'd weapon's bonus to new weapon.
Would be much nicer if we could apply either the new damage type or the existing damage type to the existing weapon and just up the numbers.

okay so collected kuva should useful in relays and orbiter defense systems, also the broken scepter and broken war weapon functions are lacking lustre, even after they are repaired, i hope we can see that they have other features and ways to improve them outside that of a riven mod, i can see the scepter capable of building charges and casting magic, and the sword broken or not to have its own special stance and forms, which at least grant some arcanes to power + and unlockable traits per rank,

the last think i want to say is that anything kuva should be used to unlock emotes and ephemerals, paths as operators, weapons, kitguns, kitmelee, archwing, and optics for harvesting to be somewhat fun, its jammed behind a protocol to defend the objective and its really boring, siphoning is really boring also and has no ways to get more exciting rightnow the best idea was to allow kuva lich and siphon outside of their locked conscrips into orv vallis and cetus's open world, the caverns and areas are many so it makes kuva lich more of a opetiocion optional to players who are new, new enemeis will be interesting to players to get kuvas and robots which are interesting to their skill levels and power, who can have more purpose and lore, if they are indeed have captured a certain node or spot in the plains of eidolon, KONZU will alert higher level players of strong monsters and demons, liches, or aliens who threathen cetus, which affects how the minning and fishing life is overall what types of fish and monsters to encounter which are recluses of old seasonal events, nearby nodes, and blueprints to crafty new boats and bows, archwings or vehicles, 

now with this you add more destructibles, and more enemies, and give each focus school a few more unlockables, then relic opening overall would be more fun anywhere in the solar system.

Archived