The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do people feel about Liches now with changes in the works?

Tenno76856

I like these changes, and am excited for the ability to choose the weapon.

That being said, I want Liches to be more in your face. If I opted in for a Lich, I want it to actively work to hinder me. They should show up outside of Lich missions, or at least their minions should, send death squads, and harrass you. Taxing your resources is a start, but for players like me, who basically have infinte of the basics, I don't even bat an eye at it. 

Let's make them over the top super villains. They kill you? Maybe one of your weapons is stolen until you kill them or find the Thrall they gifted it to. Maybe you have to stop a scheme (special mission kind of like the Kuva Fortress Assault) or your standing with a Syndicate gets knocked down and can't be increased for a few days. Or perhaps after doing a "backbreaker" on you, that Warframe gets a major debuff for the rest of the mission I'm thinking like a Dragon Key effects.

It's an opted in, so let's make them as big of pain in the rear as their dialogue would make them out to be.

2 hours ago, 844448 said:

With 40 capacity and 5 polarities, catalyst may be unnecessary which is good for me since I'm running low on blue potato

Sadly, no. If you want to use meta builds it still requires a catalyst. Sure, you can put together a good enough build for leveling purposes but there would still be room for improvement.

I'm still going to actively avoid them.  It's an awful system that doesn't belong in WF especially not in it's current or the planned fixed state.  Having my stuff stolen, farming even more relics for the chance to get a disposable whisper is just awful and a waste of my time.

The weapons are just forma sinks with mostly zero benefits, converting them is totally pointless.  The actual fight is awful, again DE used their Wolf design to make the liches overly difficult to kill requiring flat damage rather than a combination of damage types.  And you get to do that multiple times when you have to inevitably fight it.

I'm honestly glad that Steve got some mud on his face after the community poll found that players dislike the system the most.  Wouldn't have been that way if they tested things before they released them.

Edited by Hawk1911

I think the upcoming changes are great for the game overall.

On a more personal aspect, I already grinded all that and don't think I'll be bothering much aside from checking out the new weapons.

My hope that liches would eventually be inline with the initial vision are pretty much gone by now. It seems clear at this point that DE isn't going beyond QoL changes.

I am, however, still curious about what role converted Liches can eventually play as side kicks for our Tenno.

On 2020-02-02 at 2:20 AM, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

The removal of the back-breaker on failed stab is a bad direction. I'll never touch liches again if DE doesn't reconsider

Yeah feel really bad about that  change but apprently they keeping that animation tho as I melee them allways I probebly still see the back break in some form. But to me it was the best way to die in the game if you had to die. I think they should just make the lich do a jester dance when you fail the stab if they gonna have a laughting thing for it.  Could also remove the mods and have everyone get it on first try if there not gonna be any "risk" =P

Edited by Emolition

When I first started liches, I expected the matches to be like the old game Mastermind where you can deduce which ones and the order by trial and error.  It wasn't until later that I realized that wasn't true.. you get 0 information about slots 2 and 3 if slot 1 isn't correct, and no information about 3 if slot 2 isn't correct.   This means that basically, whispers are the ONLY real way to complete it because it'll be Lich 5  in very short order.

I think Mastermind with whispers as a "hint" for undiscovered ones would have been more entertaining.

I think Lich 5 is overtuned.  Most of my warframes couldn't begin to handle that fight.   Only have a couple that can... ones that can take insane punishments and keep healing indefinitely.

I haven't tried lvl 5 lich yet... I wonder if I could handle it.

Anyways, I hate grinding the murmurs, as it doesn't relate in any way to anything else. You just have to do like 15+ missions just to get the info for the correct mods. And you can't rush them either, as the mobs you need come once in awhile. I hate those missions. And just testing the mods take forever as well, as it might take like an hour and several missions to get the lich to appear once. And you need to test 8x8x8 (or some such) times at most. I hate the whole system at the moment. 

I wish I could buy the lichs with weapons/ephemera so that I could just decide if I want to control them or get the items, without needing to go through the murmur phase again.

17 hours ago, DoomFruit said:

Honestly, I'd like it much better if they actually were liches. As in: you kill them, they "die", and then they get back up again afterwards. And they continue to rise from the grave until you find and smash their soul vial (or in this case, speak the right magic incantation). If it's not going to have any lich-like characteristics, why is it even called a lich in the first place?

They probably named them Liches cause it sounds cool.