Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Leecher's on Railjack

LoriSei

These Railjack players joins and leech in the game, gives me a serious problem. I'm ok if they chill out inside the Railjack but when they decided to leech inside the Forward Artillery (BFG GUN) it just loses for me to access it when needed...

DE if ur listening pls it needs fix. Or else people will abuse this for fun.

A simple fix is by implementing votekicks in game or ways to remove them out from their stations, So that I can help other potential players to farm their resources than those who take without any return.

And also I would like to insert this as well...

I just want to say  that the Railjack command UI terrible. Why does it have to be a small Icon to inform teamates, and it's hard to indentify them by their abilities.

Edited by LoriSei

I really think each player should have their own personal resources used when using the forge and weapons on another person's ship.  The biggest reason I'd like to see this is I think it is stopping players from hosting.  I always play solo in everything else but I'd like to have a crew in RJ but no one seems to respond when I use recruit chat and I never see any RJ messages other than veil farming, and I can do that alone.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, (PS4)segulibanez65 said:

I really think each player should have their own personal resources used when using the forge and weapons on another person's ship.  The biggest reason I'd like to see this is I think it is stopping players from hosting.  I always play solo in everything else but I'd like to have a crew in RJ but no one seems to respond when I use recruit chat and I never see any RJ messages other than veil farming, and I can do that alone.

I don't think solo playing would be an option at first, but it just counterfiet the purpose of the game. I would probably suggest a votekick of some sort, it can be harsh but, it's inevitable.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

Or you could go to recruiting chat and find people to play with. It also does not cost much to refill your missles. I can understand it can be frustrating but it's not that bad.

I don't mind resourcers being used but trying to afk inside the artillery for the whole fcking entire game is definitely unforgivable, and once he's inside you can't let him out unless you end the game.

39 minutes ago, (PS4)segulibanez65 said:

I really think each player should have their own personal resources used when using the forge and weapons on another person's ship.  The biggest reason I'd like to see this is I think it is stopping players from hosting.

I came up with a way to fix this before Railjack Launched.. and I'm a little baffled they didn't use it.

• Each player by default uses their own resources for railjack mission expenses.
  • Each Railjack has a persistent shared vault of resources that any player may supply while aboard, and only withdraw from for in mission expenses.
  • Owner of the Railjack has their own emergency safe that the crew cannot access, which they can ration from to players or tasks specifically.
  • A railjack's owner has a context action to relieve someone from the Pilot's seat if they feel it necessary to save their ship.

Whole lotta problems solved. Everyone agree?

1 hour ago, kapn655321 said:

I came up with a way to fix this before Railjack Launched.. and I'm a little baffled they didn't use it.

• Each player by default uses their own resources for railjack mission expenses.
  • Each Railjack has a persistent shared vault of resources that any player may supply while aboard, and only withdraw from for in mission expenses.
  • Owner of the Railjack has their own emergency safe that the crew cannot access, which they can ration from to players or tasks specifically.
  • A railjack's owner has a context action to relieve someone from the Pilot's seat if they feel it necessary to save their ship.

Whole lotta problems solved. Everyone agree?

Pardon my english is not very well in depth. Do you mean...

1-3. We have our own resources and payload to spend in railjack, and only us able to use it

4.Not so sure about this, Only the Owner have the rights to kindly force them out from their stationary position. (Sounds great to me XD)

For me I favor number 4 maybe "The owner can interact anyone by pressing X to kindly switch places. If thats what u mean. Although thats a light alternative to avoid the abuse of AFK in the game , and I'm fine with it

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Yamazuki said:

(intentionally)

Is the part that there's never any consensus on.
Everyone's got a big ol' stinkin' opinion of what that means.. and no, I don't want to discuss them.
So we need a better mouse trap: With a better system to Welcome the Right Ones In, instead of getting into who'd the wrong ones and for why.

Be able to sort by profile traits.. like, "I value efficient gameplay most from my team," or, "I value patience and a casual forgiving environment."
Likewise, "I'm cool with anybody," or.. I like this, I don't like that... However you do it.

Let people like their way into better matches, rather than hunting each other for faults.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

Is the part that there's never any consensus on.
Everyone's got a big ol' stinkin' opinion of what that means.. and no, I don't want to discuss them.
So we need a better mouse trap: With a better system to Welcome the Right Ones In, instead of getting into who'd the wrong ones and for why.

Be able to sort by profile traits.. like, "I value efficient gameplay most from my team," or, "I value patience and a casual forgiving environment."
Likewise, "I'm cool with anybody," or.. I like this, I don't like that... However you do it.

Let people like their way into better matches, rather than hunting each other for faults.

As long that person not hurting everyone's gaming experience then yeah or else. People like exploits, trolls and such jokes, can affect one person happiness for their happiness

I love railjacks for the dark sectors they promise, but I'm going to have to agree with you Cheers brother. After rework, you and I and the rest of the community need to put out tutorials for railjack. If we work together now we can ensure a better tomorrow.

Edited by (XB1)CFE Vulari

Just now, LoriSei said:

As long that person not hurting everyone's gaming experience then yeah or else. People like exploits, trolls and such jokes, can affect one person happiness for their happiness

We're focusing on the bad in people when we measure these problems.
That is not the kind of head-space DE should foster and encourage with it's interface.
People come here reasonably upset, needing to express our lack of agency;
we need to communicate to the game that. "we're not having the experience we want, and it's outside of our control.
We also need to handle that easily, in a way that is healthy and constructive.

I see two ways to do this.

1. A system like a dating profile that allows you to get as specific as you could ever need, and Matchmaking making suggestions.
    You decide the kind of mission or grind you want, and it lists by, "strong match," "good match," "reasonable." and asking if we want to see or ignore other results.

2. An algorithm that we train by liking certain games and players over others, and it learning which correlating factors to prioritize.

I've just started pugging into Railjack, to try and get stuff for my ship.

I was worried about being seen as a leecher, so I stay on the ship at first, putting out fires and killing boarders. I use the side guns to try and take down a few fighters. And if I don't see the crew ships going down I jump out and pop them from inside.

Am I doing it right? Genuine question.

Just now, (PS4)joehan1287 said:

afk timer

Sounds like they need to address that trigger.. or remove you from the gun before it does that?
I haven't done Railjack, so I have no idea and can't test it.

It sounds like the whole Railjack experience needs to have a way to set quotas for your party, or some people will be miserable..

Got an idea.
Samaris simulation of Railjack tasks to measure your efficiency at a task.
If you prove you can pass a certain standard, you can select among others within a level of your standard.
Or just go public if you're ok with chancing it...
But otherwise, like a Mastery Rank for Railjack, that you can sort your potential games by.

3 minutes ago, Psianide73 said:

I've just started pugging into Railjack, to try and get stuff for my ship.

I was worried about being seen as a leecher, so I stay on the ship at first, putting out fires and killing boarders. I use the side guns to try and take down a few fighters. And if I don't see the crew ships going down I jump out and pop them from inside.

Am I doing it right? Genuine question.

yes

3 minutes ago, Psianide73 said:

I was worried about being seen as a leecher

If you're wondering, it's probably too late! Right?
We shouldn't have to wonder these things.

Every new game mode, "I hope I'm not being an idiot," until someone has their game ruined feeling you are..
and you having your game ruined by them taking it upon themselves to shame the sh*t out of you.

Either we have cool people who teach us, a slew of Youtube videos, or it's a guessing game we may all lose miserably.

4 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

If you're wondering, it's probably too late! Right?
We shouldn't have to wonder these things.

Every new game mode, "I hope I'm not being an idiot," until someone has their game ruined feeling you are..
and you having your game ruined by them taking it upon themselves to shame the sh*t out of you.

Either we have cool people who teach us, a slew of Youtube videos, or it's a guessing game we may all lose miserably.

Did you read the rest?

Genuine question.