Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker's Alternative Route?

(NSW)FlameDivinity

Many of us are have been talking about Stalker needing more expansion, and some of us have been thinking about a Stalker Prime, maybe by him remembering his full past and gaining back his full power, alongside his mind and his true hatred for the Tenno, resulting in an epic final boss that we can convert once we defeat him (just an idea). But what about a Stalker Umbra?

Maybe he took on the Sentient slayer route by going lone wolf in TNW to get revenge on the Sentients for the destruction they brought to the Orokin Empire? He'd still hunt is, but maybe we see him appear in Sentient tilesets and when he sees us, he goes after us instead of making us his #1 priority. Maybe since the Sentients are returning, he tells us that he's "tending to some old wounds - you're next, Tenno." And after TNW, maybe a Stalker saga, where he regains his memories from defeating the Sentients (presumably by finding info on the Orokin empire's history), and after the Sentients are slayn and he regains all his memories, he becomes Stalker Prime. Thus, starting the Stalker's quest.

What are your thoughts?

Edited by (NSW)FlameDivinity

42 minutes ago, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

We all are thinking about a Stalker Prime

No, we don't.

Also, if you think about it, the Stalker was born during the orokin era and its the first and only of its kind (apart from the Acolytes, which we dont have a clue where they came from), so technically he already is a prime frame. He's just missing the shiny golden parts.

Edited by General-Pacman
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, General-Pacman said:

No, we don't.

Also, if you think about it, the Stalker was born during the orokin era and its the first and only of its kind (apart from the Acolytes, wich we dont have a clue where they came from), so technically he already is a prime frame. He's just missing the shiny golden parts.

Ok sure. You're missing the entire point.

"If I'm missing the point, why don't you tell me it." That's going to be your response, so I'll make sure it doesn't happen.

I meant "Primed" as "Awoken." That simple. He gains his shiny Primed look once he awakens. Taking fun speculation so seriously? You must be fun at parties.

Edited by (NSW)FlameDivinity

15 minutes ago, General-Pacman said:

(apart from the Acolytes, wich we dont have a clue where they came from

Speaking of, am I the only one who feels the acolytes drag Stalker down as a character? Think about it: firstly, just by existing they cheapen his gimmick of "a dark, evil knock-off of the warframes with immense powers", because now he's no longer the only one with that gimmick.

And secondly, just by existing they make Stalker come off as a complete dork and a loser,  simply because the story here is "Stalker would associate with a bunch of emo kids who go by aliases such as VIOLENCE and MALICE".

Bloody hell.

Edited by TearsOfTomorrow

1 minute ago, TearsOfTomorrow said:

Speaking of, am I the only one who feels the acolytes drag Stalker down as a character? Think about it: firstly, just by existing they cheapen his gimmick of "a dark, evil knock-off of the warframes with immense powers", because now he's no longer the only one with that gimmick.

And secondly, just by existing they make Stalker come off as a complete dork and a loser,  simply because the story here is "Stalker would associate with a bunch of emo kids who go by aliases such as VIOLENCE and MALICE.

Bloody hell.

That's why we need his character and lore to be expanded.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb TearsOfTomorrow:

And secondly, just by existing they make Stalker come off as a complete dork and a loser,  simply because the story here is "Stalker would associate with a bunch of emo kids who go by aliases such as VIOLENCE and MALICE".

"Stalker" is not much better of a name in that regard.

• Like 1

1 минуту назад, TearsOfTomorrow сказал:

And secondly, just by existing they make Stalker come off as a complete dork and a loser,  simply because the story here is "Stalker would associate with a bunch of emo kids who go by aliases such as VIOLENCE and MALICE.

Bloody hell.

After Second Dream Stalker lost his will to kill Tenno with War being broken. Just look his armor shining blue again, he even not trying to kill us compared to old stalker, pretty obviously those Acolytes are just abusing Stalker’s old appearence while they have some personal things to do with other Tenno

7 minutes ago, TearsOfTomorrow said:

am I the only one who feels the acolytes drag Stalker down as a character

No, you are not. I think DE has a lot of material regarding both the Stalker and the Acolytes to make an actual good quest explaining their origins, which i think is what the OP is proposing here. I wouldn't mind at all to have  such a quest. BUT! I wouldn't make something like 'The stalker evolves into Prime/Umbra Stalker', because that wouldn't make sense lorewise.

Edited by General-Pacman
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

"Stalker" is not much better of a name in that regard.

I can condone that because it accurately describes what he does. He swore his life to hunting down the Tenno from the shadows and that's what he does, so that's what he's named. 

Going by that logic, Violence swore to... Be violent? How is that different from literally everybody else in this game? It's just ridiculous, it's a random word and nothing more.

6 minutes ago, SpiritTeA said:

After Second Dream Stalker lost his will to kill Tenno with War being broken. Just look his armor shining blue again, he even not trying to kill us compared to old stalker, pretty obviously those Acolytes are just abusing Stalker’s old appearence while they have some personal things to do with other Tenno

Which, again, leads to my point. Many people, if not most, want his life to be expanded. I do, partners do, members on the forum do, player in game say so.

1 minute ago, TearsOfTomorrow said:

I can condone that because it accurately describes what he does. He swore his life to hunting down the Tenno from the shadows and that's what he does, so that's what he's named. 

Going by that logic, Violence swore to... Be violent? How is that different from literally everybody else in this game? It's just ridiculous, it's a random word and nothing more.

The joke ----------------->

You >

1 минуту назад, (NSW)FlameDivinity сказал:

Which, again, leads to my point. Many people, if not most, want his life to be expanded. I do, partners do, members on the forum do, player in game say so.

I agree but DE has much  more important things to make first. I’m sure they working hard on Duviri Paradox where we will have a lot of answers. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TARINunit9 said:

Do you not understand what Transference is in the Warframe universe?

He's Stalker. And he is a modified Excalibur Umbra. He's both

Makes sense. I was wrong. However, him taking a Sentient slayer route can still deem him the title "Umbra Stalker." (I think Umbra before stalker sounds a bit cooler and exemplifies his hatred of the Tenno). His appearance can still change to match his new route.

1 minute ago, TARINunit9 said:

He's Stalker. And he is a modified Excalibur Umbra. He's both

You are saying this because...

Spoiler

It's implied that the Stalker is not using transference, and he has a conscience of it's own? I could agree with that, but it's debatable to say the least. I mean, that's the only criteria we have to difference excalibur umbra from the rest of the frames, but he's also the only Umbra so far (and i hope it stays that way). So, i think we still don't have enough data to be sure what makes a frame an Umbra frame. Heck, having a single frame like that is not even enough to think of a separate category.