Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Genders

(XBOX)NexusThanatos

Oh, is it Wednesday already? Wait... Wednesday is Nerf Trinity day... You're early on the weekly Warframe Gender thread my friend ^^

DE have already answered this question, several times actually.

What they said was this: They were originally going to do this, however they decided against it specifically so they could use the female/male models as entire new Warframes, not as the ability to gender swap. That's why on the very original Warframe pitch you can see a 'female' Excalibur model, but this was instead made into Nyx.

They even wrote this into the Lore with The Sacrifice quest explaining how Warframes were originally made in universe and why this means they appear to have 'genders'.

• 2 weeks later...

DE may have said no to this option already... but this is truly important to some players. My wife for example won't play Rhino cause she wants to choose a female she-hulk version... being able to choose a gender is part of their roleplaying experience. I have been gaming for a long time and this is a basic level of character development.

58 minutes ago, (PS4)Morrdak said:

DE may have said no to this option already... but this is truly important to some players. My wife for example won't play Rhino cause she wants to choose a female she-hulk version... being able to choose a gender is part of their roleplaying experience. I have been gaming for a long time and this is a basic level of character development.

Just give her hildrin XD

No.

Lore wise, it makes no sense. Warframes are all patterned on a Person, a Unique Person, who is without equal in their field. All Warframes are copies of that person. There was only 1 Mortal Saryn that the Orokin made into a Warframe, and so all Saryn's inherent the original Prime's power. There was only 1 Rhino Prime who went insane and ate a tower of people. Literally.