Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

I‘d like to see a Sorcerer type warframe introduced. Have his abilities be words which are part of a bigger spell that is cast when you have 3-4 words, with the first or second ability having a toggle to determine some stuff like element or type (damage, utility, defensive or support spell).

I have to add my voice to the Werewolf themed frame submissions. The idea I’ve had for years is “Lua-Ga-Ru”. Basically a kubrow variant on Khora, with an exalted kubrow, and abilities that boost damage and have CC. Based on the Mod build of the kubrow (which species specific mods are in the build like hunt, dig, howl, etc) LGR would have variations in appearance and also in his first three abilities. Finally, his fourth ability fuses the frame and kubrow together, making the frame get a boost in heath/armor, speed, and gains three new abilities based on what type of kubrow the build  dictates. 

I would love to see a warframe that relates to a vampire, code name: Drac (Dr-eh-k) when he/she can look like a vampire lord and have some kinda background like, "He/she was used by the orokin to convert their enemies into mindless drone controled by Drac" and even have a cloak that looks like it's apart of him/her similar to the boots and coat that frost wears

My idea would be a Warframe based around spray-paint/graffiti with a bit or new parkour stuff mixed in. Probably a support frame giving buffs and such while also being focused on movement (but in a more parkour way instead of Gauss' running) which also means there should ideally be no ability animations bellow the waist. Design: main feature would be a hood and maybe a gas/painters mask possibly something like futuristic skates (like Lucio from Overwatch) so a new movement animation could be used to add a little more character. 

A sacrifical Warframe. All health, like Inaros. No energy, like Hildryn. Focused entirely around manipulating health and health based effects. Healing self, Healing team.... Debuffing enemy Health, removing enemy Health. A trade for a trade, blood for blood. Everything done would be focused on spending his personal health to cause some effect.

Could be backstoried as Kuva related. Could be backstoried as a similar style to Harrow, but more of a fanatic/worshipper of what Harrow was trying to hold back, an antithesis almost.

I want a full-on tree frame. A frame that's a literal walking tree. He could be kind of a mashup between a tank and a healer, with a little bit of crowd control too. Oberon doesn't count as a tree, he's just a goat. I want a TREE. I've had this idea for a while, his name is Sequoia, and Warframe needs this badly. Tree frame please!

Anansi 
The trickster. Anansi uses speed and cunning to catch his opponents off guard. Take a look overheard, Tenno. There goes Anansi 

Passive: Trickster's Art 

Anansi's ability strength increases for a brief period after inflicting a status condition 

Rope Dart 

Anansi launches a silk line at a target, with added range from the ground, and added damage from the air. Rope Dart has a 20% chance to cause the bleed, and weakened status effect

Silk Bomb 

Anansi lobs a grenade, which deals damage, while simultaneously causing knockback, and slowing enemies caught 

Cunning

Anansi takes careful analysis of his opponent, boosting ability efficiency of himself as well as allies

Arachnophobia 

Fear not Tenno! They are on your side! Anansi summons his spider brethren to aid him in battle. Spiders have a chance to cause poison and corrosion status effects 

How about a Warframe that relies on their abilites and abilities alone. They would be able to just hold energy withing them and project it in forms of maybe electricity, fire, ice (like an elementalist) They would have only 3 options in their arsenal, The parazon, Their warframe, and their "energy modifier" (what allows the energy they hold to be warped and changed) this could open oportunities form more elements like shadow or nature. Think of Zenyatta from Overwatch, how he uses his balls to project energy except you can fire extreme beams of electricity or grow wild vines that keep enemies in place all while being able to fire different elements in different forms. I know its a stretch and sounds very unbalanced, But y'all always make stuff work

I think we need a warframe that has a purpose, lorewise and mission wise. I'm going to take frost for an example: he is designed for defense. And another is umbra: he is pretty important to the game describing how the early Warframes happened. I think maybe a Warframe that works mentally rather than physically could be interesting. He could go inside enemies minds and make them kill themselves or attack enemies. Might be a problem with the infested however. This warframes purpose mission wise could be rescue. The mental theme could possibly boost allies (rescue targets included) and turn enemies around them into allies, making it easier to complete rescue missions. I hope you see this and maybe take it into consideration D.E.  And don't mess the new warframe up. Please. 

a string warframe, because you can do a lot with strings, like controlling puppets, tying something (or someone), using it as a whip, if thin enough, you can use it to cut things, to pull something, and much more

I think that it would be interesting to see an Angelic-themed warframe in the game.  It would likely be a more support-oriented frame with some damage dealing capabilities, and in-lore the backstory could be that the design of the frame is based on old stories passed down from the pre-orokin human societies.

Here's a post I made detailing what the abilities could potentially look like: 

I propose to have a Warframe Hunter. Similar to the Myrmidon, but instead of relying on a gimmick it's versatile; setting up AOE traps while laying in wait or being extremely mobile.

And of course, what better theme to represent that than spiders. They got jumps, webs, venom, perceptive abilities, etc. The possibilities are endless.

A spider hunter would suit the cast of space ninja wizards quite well I would say. And, having a frame that is not a hero of legend, but a shadow serving the Orokin might be interesting Lore.

In war, none make it out unscathed. It shapes us...scars us..breaks us. So we must rebuild, become stronger. Let us be the hammer that falls against our enemies to leave them broken...

My idea for a warframe is one that is a rebuilt warframe. I think our foundries, arsenals, and the general themes of being forged in the fires of war lend to this. This would be a warframe that is like the Amalgams of the Corpus, taking the parts and knowledge we have gained to become stronger. This warframe would consist of different parts from existing warframes that the Tenno has mastered. Each part may not be as strong as it's original, but together, they make for a powerful force. 

Hephaestus, the Broken.

Archived