Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

A bestial frame, more animal than human akin to lycanthropy, a guardian, a king to the beasts that still dwell in the forests and jungles of old Earth. NOT a hunter with simple fur/pelts on him, but a more primal predator.

4 hours ago, [DE]Helen said:

Community-Created-Warframe-Header-alt-blue.jpg

We’re calling upon the Warframe community to create the next Warframe! You can stay up-to-date on the design phases in the official Community-Designed Warframe thread.

The theme is the foundation of every Warframe’s design. Over the years, we have seen countless fantastic ideas in the Fan Concepts subforum and across the Internet. That creativity is what we’ll need to breathe life into this Warframe! Share with us a Warframe theme you’d like to see inspire the next design.

How to submit:

In this thread, share a description of a Warframe theme that you would like to see in-game!

We aren’t considering Abilities during this design phase. First, it’s all about a strong theme! Expound your idea and make it the best it can be.

Guidelines:

• One submission per player.
  • Theme can’t be changed after it is submitted. You may edit your post to make small changes like fixing typos. "Reason for edit" will be reviewed.
  • If there are duplicate theme submissions, only the one that was first posted will be considered - we’ll be watching!
  • Theme idea must be original. Your submission can be from a post you made elsewhere as long as it’s your own!
  • Details like back stories might be altered by the Dev Team as needed to ensure consistency with Warframe’s overall design.
  • Concept art can be included in submissions but will not be considered in the final design or when selecting the final theme.
  • Do not reserve spots in this thread.
  • Only post submissions in this thread.
  • Submissions that do not follow these guidelines will not be considered.
  • Chosen submission becomes property of Digital Extremes.

We understand that we can’t avoid duplicate Warframe theme submissions, so please do your best to submit a theme that has yet to be presented, and we’ll do our best when sorting through to ensure there is a fair opportunity for all!

Selecting the Final Theme:

Call for submissions will close on Thursday, March 19 at 1:00pm ET.

After reviewing all theme submissions, the Warframe Team will choose a Top 10 to present to the Design Council!

The Design Council will then vote to determine the winning Warframe theme. Design Council voting will begin on Friday, March 20 at 1:00PM ET and run until Thursday, March 26 at 1:00PM ET.

After the Theme is Chosen:

Community artist, Eornheit will create the Warframe’s official design based on the chosen theme! Once the design is complete, we will make an open call to the community once again to design the Warframe’s Abilities. Follow each phase here!

The community-created Warframe’s name and final design will be revealed on Saturday, July 11th during the TennoCon 2020 Live Stream!

ALL PLAYERS FROM EACH PLATFORM CAN PARTICIPATE

Let us hear your Warframe ideas, Tenno!

My idea for a new Warframe:

Metamime, the Transformation Warframe. Become anyone and everyone. Down an enemy and take on their form, allowing you to blend in to their base and leave the others completely unaware. Become one of your squad mates to confuse the enemy, taking their appearance and powers. Mimic every aspect of the person you are taking on, including their abilities to truly deceive your enemies.

I've had a Warframe idea for a long while now, which is basically a Cupid themed warframe. 
She's able to create fountains of life, charm people and turn enemies to gold (similar to a midas touch).
I was thinking anything that came with her would be named after different angels and what not. 
I had a full list of abilities and some art for her as well, but I can only post the idea, so I hope you all enjoy it 🙂

I would love to see a male hunter warframe. Think a brother or counterpart to Khora with a Kubrow companion. Granted I love Venari but if if I want to run both a kubrow & Kavat with khora, I'd have to give up my Smeeta & occasional double loot...Nty. With a hunter theme I would imagine something like an exaled sniper/hunter rifle or behemoth elephant killer style revolver, traps & possibly some type of extra loot "Pelt" ability. Ik you said you're not taking abilities into consideration yet, but really hard to describe & sell an idea without laying it all on the table. I miss Vauban's tripwire, so perhaps the traps could function similarly or bring back that fun. If anyone else likes this concept and can expand on it further, pls do!

A Knight like frame that functions like a ghost and is very visibly on the decline in appearances. I'm thinking something with a design that would remind you almost of a 19th century knight that went to the future and needed an upgrade in some areas. Cracked and chipped in some places, while other places look shiny and well cared for. Something that looks old and worn out but has a great amount of care behind it.

Possible Name Idea: Ghost/Specter

I know abilities weren't a focus here, but I was thinking that it could be a frame that does things like possess enemies, sap energy, turn invisible, and make enemies in a large area afraid, with its passive allowing it to instantly make it through security checks when possessing an enemy. A kind of Warframe that can be played either solo or in a team and still fit within a very comfortable niche of characters like Loki and Ivara who can turn invisible, while also maintaining its own individuality, and having its own sort of presence as this Warframe that can take control of enemies and silently stalk through corridors. A Warframe that is called Ghost — because it haunts any who it comes across.

We’ve had Sentient frames and Corpus frames, all the Primes count as Orokin, I think it’s time we have a Grineer themed frame.  Maybe the 1 is the Ghoul saw, a couple of support abilities to balance, and a 4 centering around Kuva, The Old Blood.

I've always loved dragons and have put a little thought into a warframe inspired by dragons. So i personally think one themed around one of the most powerful mythical creatures that we know of would be pretty sweet.

Name: Wrend

Tenno of: Flesh

Description: 

A Female Warframe whose abilities center around using the flesh of her foes to her advantage.

stats: up for debate

Abilities:

1: Flesh tear: Wrend uses a targeted foe as a landmine, dealing some damage to the primary target, and dealing copious amounts of slash damage to the surrounding enemies that are hit by the primary targets shrapnel flesh, or hold to cause the primary foes flesh to crush its owners insides and burst, staggering foes very close to the primary target. 

2: Meat shield: Wrend steals a foes health in the form of their flesh, and uses it as an armor buff that wears away with damage done over time.

3: Lacerate: Wrend steals flesh from a nearby foe dealing small amounts of damage to said foe, and encases the bullets in a primary weapon clip, giving her a damage buff until she reloads

4: Eviscerate: Wrend uses the flesh of nearby foes to create webs and flesh tendrils that capture nearby foes and hold them in place, dealing damage over time.   

I don't know if this idea is floating around out there somewhere but maybe give Kubrows some love?

A Warframe that is more feral than any other we have seen, starts out like your typical metallic warframe but as it fight without dieing it becomes more werewolf like. Say it gets more fur and teeth protruding from its body.

Possibly made when the kubrow are first being genetically made mixing their genes with a warframe in hopes of making something like Khora but instead lead to it becoming the beast it was meant to tame and ally with.

Also able to traverse terrain and cling to walls in a far better way than most other warframes due to its claws and possible way to switch between bipedal and all fours.

Archived