Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

Maybe a soldier based warframe that is military based. Could rely on taking cover, using grenades, airstrikes, rations, packs more heat than the average,a tough type that changes how the player engages the enemy, maybe a tank as backup similar to Octavia and her instrument but instead temporaryly blast enemies away. A rocket launcher could be included as well. Back story could be 'an ex soldier from the orokin' or ex soldier related. Just an idea.

I've always wanted an angel / cleric themed warframe, with a good mix of defensive, healing and offensive abilities, similar to oberon, something like:

1- Divine Favour- Heal a single target up to full HP

2- Divine Smite- Give nearby allies a damage buff, maybe let them deal a (small) percentage of their damage as True damage?

3- Divine Light- Create a aura of golden light around you that gives teammates a small armour buff and stuns & damages enemies

4- Divine Resolve- An energy drain ability that stops yourself and allies within a short range from going below 1 HP, similar to Baptiste's lamp in overwatch

I Thought of this after seeing the scene in Chroma prime's codex entry and thinking "huh, he looks kind of like an angel frame here. Actually, I wonder why we don't have one of those yet" I think it's one of the few designs warframe is missing, And would be a blast to play as. He/She would fall into that "Almost OP, but in a good way" category, the same as harrow, since you're supporting for your team, making them enjoy the game more, rather than just nuking the entire map. 

He/She could be released with a massive angel wings syandana too, That would be cool. 

Aristocrat Warframe.

Once controlled by those of Tenno, who stood with the Orokin till the end of everything, betraying brothets and sisters. Coursed and banished by us and the Lotus, now with past memories shattered into million pieces they get a chance for redemption.

I've always liked the idea of a heavy weapons warframe, something that really focuses on using explosive weapons or sniper rifles. I think the idea of an ult that locks you into place but gives you a massive weapon, either some sort of laser(like the opticor, not like Wisp's 4), railgun, or cannon, to fire at enemies would be a lot of fun. Our Railjacks have the Tunguska Cannon, why not a Tunguska Rifle made to be deployed by a warframe? I just think it'd be fun to go eidolon hunting, but you're sniping it with a gun bigger than your frame is from hundreds of meters away. I do think that a mostly stationary ult would need to be backed up with some impressive mobility with how important going fast is in warframe, though. The abilities would really vary depending on what weapon type the frame focuses on, though, either snipers or explosives. Oh, and I know it's not as relevant, but can we get some throwing knives that are just literal grenades? That'd actually make for a fun exalted weapon, thinking about it...

41 minutes ago, [DE]Drew said:

Fusion 'Frame! 

Fuse with an enemy to directly control them in combat, fuse with allies to buff them up and hitch a ride (Fusion Dance optional). 

Fuse into ally and afk frame? Sorry my mind goes to possible abuse right away. This reminds me sort of the banshees in warcraft 3. They would "possess" enemy or allied units, buffing them in the process. Could be cool.

I also think of the symbiotic "Abathur" from heroes of the storm, if anyone is familiar with his game play. He is a dota hero that hides behind lanes and attaches to other heroes and gives them buffs and uses abilities of his own while the other player "drives" so to speak.

EDIT: This is [DE]Drew - I'm over level 100 with Abathur, so you caught me. Also, I just fused to your post.

A Tailor/Sewing Warframe: turn your enemies into pincushions, cut through hordes of enemies like cloth with exalted scissors, and rend the fabric of space time itself! Design could range from an overcoat to more abstract designs reminiscent of plenty of textures of fabric draped onto metal. The theme itself allows for multiple offensive capabilities through sewing tools or even fabric itself, while also allowing for a multitude of supportive of crowd control abilities by manipulating fabric or stitching enemies together.

Antaeus, The Warlord

A brutal Warframe with more extreme means than any of his peers, Antaeus is a Gladiator/Conqueror themed Warframe focused on making every battlefield his arena.

The "theme" of Antaeus is a tank/support frame that challenges any and all, heavily punishing any enemy that dares intrude into territory he marks with his massive war banner, or dares rise to his challenge in combat.

Antaeus' intended playstyle revolves around zone control and taunts, ideally being able to mass taunt nearby enemies (serving as a tank frame), and planting a war banner that bolsters the performance of allies in radius, while causing dread in the hearts of enemies who see it, reducing their damage and making them more vulnerable to weapon attacks.

Antaeus also gains further personal and team bonuses the more enemies he fells in his domain (a bit of a bloodthirsty streak), with a visual blood aura around him the more of a rampage he is currently on.

Suggested aesthetic is a mix between Roman Gladiatorial themes and a rugged/wild "barbarian" feel; a proud yet savage warrior who will stop at nothing to secure his foothold on his domain. Helmet suggestions include the iconic Murmillo helmet of Roman gladiators, and asymmetrical armour design, with a customizable war banner on his back he can detach and plant. Nets and entrapment can also be part of his kit and aesthetic, similar to the Roman Retiarius, if the designers wish.

We've got a start into Irish Mythology with the Balor Fomorians, so why not continue that theme with Cú Chulainn? 

His name means Culann's Hound, so he could easily have some abilities based around dogs/wolves/kubrows, and he's the son of the Irish God of Light, Lugh, so we could give Cú Chulainn his father's spear, The Brionac.

A possession themed warframe would be cool.

not like Nyx mind control. More like go into an enemy and take control of it yourself. Jump between friend and foes like a ghost. There is already a tenno inside your warframe, why not another warframe? would be cool.

It could buff allies while inside and give us a way to finally play as Clem.

What about a shapeshifter frame? Think like martian manhunter from DC comics.

The first ability could be density shifting with a heavy density for tanking and a lighter one for damage and mobility 

The second could use their arms in a stretchy sweeping attack in a wide fan in front of them and based on heavy or light density the sweep could have a wider or shorter arc with the shorter being more damaging and the wider being less damaging but more of an AOE

The third could be a ground slam attack and based on the density setting it could have different affects for a heavy slam it could knock them in the air and reduce armor and the lighter slam could knock enemies back while reducing their accuracy 

The forth could allow them to take on a sort of ultimate form that allows for quicker movements and heavier damage just using the frames hands and feet 

As a passive you could add an energy bonus of some kind

I realize balancing this will be hard but a frame that relies on abilities and less on weapons would be really cool

A warframe based on the feral nature of the infested, his main way to walk would be a feral stance, being with a size around the size of a giant kubrow, with a extra set of arms on his shoulders to hold weapons ( his overall appearance would be alike a kubrow/kavat but more anthropomorphic), his unique ability would be take control of wild kubrows and kavats, and also infested as well, fighting by their side and giving buffs (being able to summon kavats and kubrows, and turning enemies into infested based on race), his main attacks would be biting and mauling just as kubrows/kavats does

pets kubrows, kavats and helminth charger would have unique synergies with him, unleashing attacks not natural from they, as well some warframes, which he would change his abilities set based on who he "bonds" with

he would be a warframe that went full "feral" when "created" instead of acting like the average warframe that he supposed should be, but was yet able to be used via transference, basically, he would be a "werewolf" warframe, he would have a prime form, being the "war dog of orokins", but also some become umbra by their unpredictable nature. without a operator controlling him, on all forms, he would roan free attacking enemies with his basic bite/mauling attacks just like a kubrow/kavat does

A soccer/sport-themed warframe with a physics-based ball weapon that is kicked at enemies. His play style forces adversaries into his “game” where they must participate according to the “rules” or suffer consequences. Inspired by ancient sacred sports like the Mayan ball game.

bonus points if he can knee-juggle rollers and domestik drones.

I don't have a huge suggestion or images or anything, but... I've always thought a "mimic" Warframe that can copy enemies/allies in some way would be an interesting concept. Maybe even being able to directly take the form of said enemy/ally for a 4th ability, gaining their strengths but also their weaknesses. The other three abilities... you'd have them always, but if the form you've taken has a special attack (i.e. Heavy Gunner groundslam) you'd be able to use a bit of energy to activate that, replacing your abilities from 1 to 3 in order. 4th would always be reserved for taking/releasing a form, and taking a faction's form makes them nonhostile as long as you remain in-form and don't attack anyone. Beyond that, it's up to your own discretion. Obviously it's not going to be meta-breaking in any regard, it just sounds fun to me...

Archived