Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

My entry for the contest:

Ishtar - Warframe of light

A blade of light that penetrates the dark, pure light contained in a metallic warframe with sparkling colors, iridescent ready to explode with all the shades of the cut stone, the thousand colored and refracted reflections. The Warframe Ishtar is fine and delicate, it would seem almost unable to face the battlefield if it were not for its enormous inner strength and its light that burns, damages, coloring and destroying the enemy. Blades of light rotate around her, she is the queen of every bright particle, of every sapphire, emerald, amethyst color ever created. Created and forgotten, it is part of a legend not different from that of Inaros, where he saved subjects and then disappeared. It has a great agility, elegance and refinement. Given its solar and enigmatic nature, legs and hands seem transparent and intangible or stretched in halos of light as it moves, as well as the trail that leaves passing. Wherever they touch his feet, the light blossoms and is reborn even in the darkest of places.

So for my 2 cents, im thinking a salvage/scraper theme frame, an eg would loosely be

Passive: Dead enemies drop (25?)salvage when in range of the frame(maybe taking on a stripped down look so loot frames can still make use of the corpse), in conjunction with salvage would be a metre showing colected salvage, salvage would likely grant armor and perhaps shield boosts and would likely be the basis of this frames survivability, so all in all a passive akin to atlas's rubble

Ability 1 might be(25 energy per enemy/15 energy+100 salvage?), the frame uses nano machines to extract large amounts(75-125) of salvage and some health from still living enemies in a small aoe(25 energy per enemy) or if used on allys giving them some salvage armor akin to the passive

Ability 2 might be(75-125 salvage+15-45 energy?), the frame deploys a scrapish barricade to lockdown a area, might be a abillity with a selection system akin to ivara's quiver, from that system, you can have a plain old barricade thats tough to break(125 salvage+15 energy), a shield focused barricade that grants bonus shields to allys, more shields then health focused(75 salvage+30 energy), and lastly a barricade that focuses on cc, maybe lightning focused(100 salvage+45 energy)

Ability 3 might be(150 salvage+50 energy for tturret, 50 salvage+15 energy to refill turret ammo of 150 bullets?), scrap turrets, max of 2 or 3 turrets, limited by ammo(maybe can only have 150 ammo loaded at any time), ammo is salvage that has to be loaded manually into the turrets to try to prevent afk farming, damage would likely scale from equiped weapon mods on your secondary weapon or your 4th ability exalted heavy weapon(either archgun mods or primary mods), turrrets can be quick deployed like spectre balls/capsules or press and hold show a outline of where it will be placed(maybe on walls or roof ceeiliing) 

Ability 4 might be(50 energy to deploy, 100 salvage+25 energy to reload the weapon?), a bfg exalted gun, maybe a grenade launcher or a explosive tipped bullets heavy machine gun, or railgun, maybe all 3 via a yet again ivara like quiver system, as it would likely be a scrap gun amalgamation that can change as is needed, likely uses salvage for ammunition, flash forging it where needed, for modding im torn between the archgun bfg trope of mods or running primary weapon mods for more power and being more accessible to most players.

As for if it is a male or female frame im not that phased, one half wants a female frame for the "asset appeal" (slim flowing form from maybe being mostly nano machines maybe) and the other half wants a bad ass cigar chewing chunky heavy weapons salvage/scrap master(vaguely thinking along the lines of that autobot named Hound from transformers If i got that right), both thoughts/options would be fun/cool, lastly sorry if someone beat me to it on a similar theme, i haven't yet read through the 77 pages of replies that there where at the time of starting to type this so yeah sorry.

Spider queen Warframe:

Passive: Toxin kill summon 3 spiders for short time.

1st Ability: shoot web, once web land, slowing enemies down when they step on web. Success when hit enemy with web: stun for awhile.

2nd Ability: leap at her enemy when she aim one, leap release gas cloud when she aim at her enemy who coated with her web.

3rd Ability: crates massive web around her. Increase armor buff for her allies and herself when they on her massive web. Summon spider when enemy dies on her massive web.

4th Ability: trainforms into arachnid, make all abilities more powerful and summon her Exalted polearm with toxin damage. Energy channel.

Panther Warframe:

Passive: stealth while crouch, increase Critical Chance for all weapons.

1st Ability: Leaping to enemy. Damaging with Slash.

2nd Ability: coating up. Resistance all damage and healing himself when no damage take within 5 seconds but also reduce his damage while stand. Crouch increase double. Energy channel when take damage and heal.

3rd Ability: set trap, whenever enemy trigger his trap: it's crate an thorns. Damaging with Puncture and Slash.

4th Ability: release beast spirit within him. Increase all damage deal and damage taken. Energy channel.

Punch Ghost Warframe

A powerful Warframe with a strong focus on hand-to-hand combat and the ability to summon phantom limbs to aid her in combat. 

She has a broad and muscular build, along the lines of Hildryn, but with a bigger focus on her arms and upper body as her specialty is fighting with her fists. She likes punching stuff so much that she has gained the ability to create more fists out of thin air just so she can punch more. In fact her skills and her phantom fists are so fast and powerful she can strike a dozens times per second, faster than the eye can see. Should she need to, she can use her phantom fists to defend herself against enemy fire and to even grab her enemies from afar. She's very confident in her skills and strength, which is reflected in her cocky attitude. Shadow boxing is something she can do with her own phantom fists for training. Definitely not JoJo inspired.

If I could make a Warframe, I'd make a Time Twister Warframe named "Chronos." 

In essence, as a Time Twister, s/he'd have access to abilities that allow them to stop time on enemies, speed time up for allies, slow time for themself, etc. Stuff like that. Basically just a Warframe that bends time to their will.

What I'd like to see is a frame with an emphasis on weaving and string, possibly spidery as well. String is a versatile tool, from tightropes to nets. Being a spider frame would also explain where the threads come from, as well as expand the limits of the kit. I love zone control such as nidus' and limbo's 4ths, so being able to weave a web of sticky silken CC would be stellar.

The enemies had the home field advantage, but now you are the one pulling the strings Tenno.

Aread, the relentless soldier.

A warframe built on the concept of a never ending march forward into battle. He is going to be majorly focused on spearwork and can charge forward to impale enemies upon his lance before flinging them aside to succumb to their injuries or retreat backwards where his lance attacks become sweeping attacks and enter a defensive stance. He is followed by the sound of war drums that can inspire his allies, and when moving forward, all his abilities become designed for offense, but moving backwards, all his abilities become more defensive in nature. Upon dying, the nearest ally gets all their ammo, energy and health restored, as well as get a 100% increase in damage. He will be styled as a mix between a hoplite and a crusader.

We have a Nezha and a Wukong. Why not make the third Chinese themed Warframe Guan Yu? After all, we already have the weapon that was named after him.

Guan Yu himself was so revered for his leadership, righteousness, and skill in battle that he became a god after his death. The Warframe equivalent could have a similar backstory where he fought of countless Sentients in an unwinnable battle, but not only did he win it, but he didn't loose a single Dax soldier that was under his command. After his victory, his most loyal dax soldiers allowed themselves to be turned into Cephalons (or something similar) that inhabit his Warframe. This allowed the Dax soldiers to follow their Warframe general without having to worry about death, and it allowed Guan Yu to always have an army at his fingertips.

A fallen loyal knight frame with medieval type armor plating with a couple of lost limbs replaced with robotic type prosthetics. Once thought to have died on the battlefield, the frame ended up using scraps from the aftermath of the battlefield to keep themself alive. The frames new limbs have changed the way the frames powers work.

As this is a 7 Year Anniversary warframe, it could be a homage to the original warframe skill system, as in it would have no skills predefined, but would equip mods in order to define its skills. Since this would reduce the amount of mods it can equip the skills should make up for it.

Alternatively, if we wanna make it even more nostalgic, it could be able to equip the skills from the 3 original warframes, with the advantage that it would be more flexible since the player would be able pick from all 3 frames.

PS.: This frame should be locked behind some late game stuff in order to avoid confusing new players with these complex mechanics.

Shaman type frame. Would be cool to get one that is a little void/magic-y. Could be like old with furs from plains. Can summon animals and support with healing. I picture an old worn out frame that has a fur animal hood, with feathers throughout the design. The frame could be hunched over and hobble a bit when it runs. The blueprints could be damaged in some way, thats why a brand new one we make is still "old." The people of cetus uncovered an old relic so there is a dig to preserve it before Vor ruins the dig.

Just an idea first abilities can be decided by community based on theme. I was thinking about a small operator sized warframe like a child size frame and the theme around it could be whimsical/ strange but captivating. Ex. maybe floating when double jumping or extra high jumping/ acrobatic abilities with particle effects. Back story on frame could a trajic one or mystery. Abilites not 100% decided but could something like confusing or disorienting enemies for Cc idk maybe some eldritch touches here and there idk again not entirely sure about powers. Sorry if not fully clear on the details can expanded on by anyone if they like.

A hunter/tamer Warframe who wreaks havoc by calling upon her many creature companions (I'm leaning towards female for the crazy nature lady vibes--the feeding the birds in the park and fattening the neighborhood squirrels with peanut butter kind of crazy nature lady *cough*Aunt Beatty*cough*).

A warframe that is half corpus/robotic and half consumed by infested. One of the skills changes the warframes hands to weapons. The infested side get's a small amount of melee weapons which apply toxin DoT. For example a hammer for big close range aoe and a whip for a bit of range but smaller aoe. The corpus side gets ranged weapons with status effects to combine with the toxin status effect. Lets say it gets a rocketlauncher/shotgun on the corpus side which deals fire damage. Combining both would create gas clouds around the affected enemies. My Idea basically is being able to switch out the single target and aoe aspect of skills on the go and trying to combine status effects. Or maybe I just want to see an Infested corpus mix because that would look cool. I thought of this in ten minutes at five AM while being sleep deprived. Don't judge me too much.

Как насчёт увеличение в 2-3 раза варфрейма, (титан) с разрушительными спасобн-ми, или варфрейма кланирующимся себя,варфрейм копорующий врагов, или союзников беря их способности, 

15 minutes ago, kuryux said:

A shapeshifter that can transform into other warframes or enemies temporarily

Yes!!! I had the same idea with mimicry. I think it would be such an interesting theme. So many avenues the dev team could implement with it.

A caster type warframe that can use elements based on energy color would be a nice touch . Using a similar system to nidus where it builds up stacks that can amplify its abilities. I'd imagine you'd have a primer ability that generates stacks from enemies, or one that maybe grabs an enemy and uses it as fuel for a "spell" by disintegrating it and generating stacks. Second ability could consume a number of stacks to increase weapon damage for a time, percent increases after you reach a certain number of stacks, or maybe an attack that damage scales based off of stacks that fires projectiles at enemy's that deal moderate status damage. Third ability reinforces team armor based off number off stacks and grants a status chance buff, considering the additional effects your giving status, having a frame boost a teams status capability would be nice, fourth ability could be a ritual that consumes more stacks the longer you hold the button, and scales proportionate to how many were used but gives back stacks based on enemies killed by this ability. Name could be "magnus", or something else that gives off a sorcery vibe

Archived