Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

What about a warframe with your stand? Make it strong enough with attacking and defensive abilities.

Passive ability: The spirit that lives in Warframe protects the owner from fatal damage, due to energy

First ability - The Hand: The spirit living in Warframe briefly appears in the form of a majestic figure behind the owner’s back and uses a special blow, in which the space between the owner and the enemy is reduced (the enemy is attracted to Warframe).

Second ability - Spiritual armor: The spirit turns itself into armor, increasing the host's health, armor and shields.
Characteristic increase in%. Streaming ability.

Third ability - Collector: The spirit leaves the owner and is divided into many small spears that attack enemies in the X radius and inflict damage on them, as well as open boxes and collect all resources and ammunition. Streaming ability.

Fourth ability - Grad of strokes: Behind Warframe, a spirit appears that cannot take damage, but is capable of dealing damage.
Deals X hits, each strike deals Y damage. Deals damage in one direction. Streaming ability.

Note: Warframe should be as Bizarre as possible so that it is most similar to referens. To balance, only 1 ability can be active, between 2, 3, and 4.
And yes, I love JoJo as much as Rebecca ❤️

The inspiration juices are really flowing now.
Name: Lumière (French for "Light")
My idea is a Warframe based on Light. Specifically blinding enemies and bombs of light that can damage enemies, becoming more powerful if enemies are blinded. Also kind of a glass cannon(or light cannon 😉 ). Can deal damage in a short time, but with long animations it's easy to get killed by enemies you haven't blinded. He'd be able to damage enemies by removing all the Light in the area and replacing it with the darkness of night. But doing this would corrupt himself and cause him to slow down unless he lightens up the area more with his other abilities.
Here are some ability and stats (ik this is supposed to be for later but I think that the abilities really tie into the theme.):

Armor: 50 at rank 0, 125 at rank 30
Energy: 100 at rank 0, 325 at rank 30.
Health: 125 at rank 0, 225 at rank 30.
Shield: 50 at rank 0, 150 at rank 30.
Sprint Speed: 1.00

Passive: Lumière's ability casting speed and sprint speed are lowered as his light level decreases. With 1% of sprint speed being removed and 0.5% more ability casting speed for every value under 0 with it capping at -25. But vice versa, it will also increase sprint speed and ability casting speed as his light level increases at the same rate. Capping at 25.

Ability 1: Lightbulb: Duration: 20s(increased by ability duration): Lumière sends out balls of light in the air that affect enemies in a 15m radius (increased by ability range) . Enemies affected by the light bulb receive +50% more damage from Lumière's Nuit ability and +10% more damage overall. Furthermore, a lightbulb can be broken by a weapon, which will blind all enemies in the radius, but they won't be affected by lightbulb anymore, and they can't be affected again for 5s (not affected by ability duration). Also, enemies that are affected by Lumière's lightbulb are slowed by 10% and occasionally stagger and stop moving. Every enemy that is affected by lightbulb or candle will add 1 to Lumière's light value.
Energy Cost: 30
Ability 2: Candle: Duration: 25s(increased by ability duration): Lumière throws a mood candle on the ground. Enemies are attracted to it's alluring light and any enemies with 5m(increased by ability range) are affected with the same effect as lightbulb aswell as a fire status effect being applied every 5s.
Energy Cost: 25
Ability 3: Enlightened: Channeled:  Lumière becomes Enlightened and is buffed all around. His movement speed and fire rate are both increased by 30%. He will also deal an additional +50% damage against enemies affected by candle and lightbulb. This +50% will also affect his Nuit ability when he's using it with this on.
Energy Cost: 12.5/s
Ability 4: Nuit (French for "Night"): Channeled: Lumière released the darkness of the night into the light. But doing this decreases his light value by 5 every second. Enemies hit by Nuit will be affected with a status effect called "Darkened" which will slow down the enemy by 15% at the beginning and add another 5% (capping at 50%) of slowness every time an enemy is hit by a wave of darkness. The waves of darkness will slightly bleed through walls, as if it had a punch through value being eaten up through a wall. This value is increased with power strength.
Energy Cost: 30/s
As for visual design he'd emanate a bit of light around him, and would have small gold accents near his chest and back.
Thanks for taking the time to read through this and I hope you may take my idea into consideration. Thank You! 🙂

A concept I've had for a while, all with moveset and stats decided, but for now I'll just say the theme.

An Alchemy Warframe. One inspired by the ancient alchemists of old and their tireless efforts to create the Philosopher's Stone, alchemy's "magnum opus". A Warframe who's abilities revolve around mixing his own abilities toguether for unique effects. Adding components and catalysts to the mixture in order to create a Magnum Opus of a combined ability on the battle field.

For now that is all I'll add, as per the topic's rules.

I await your consideration.

Concept: Oni, a Warframe based on the mythological demons who has the ability to create weak shades from his enemies as they die and use them to fuel his other abilities. A spirit of vengeance, Oni wreaked havoc on the Sentient hordes as the Tenno began to fall to their enemies. I know this thread does not consider ability designs, but his ultimate should be called Demon Gate. That is all.

A possession based frame.

Gender indeterminate, it doesn't particularly matter. But this frame would have been an old unit used by the orokin to "spy" on the undesirables. The leverian for Atlas made it clear that certain peoples under orokin rule hated their masters, and vice versa. This frame would have been used by the orokin to commit mass sabotage on those that plotted against them in the shadows. They would have been slipped into the outskirts of a region where they suspected insubordination to be at play. the frame then could have easily lured a wayward individual to its location, and possessed them, using them as a vector to infiltrate these peoples and investigate them. If they were truly plotting against the orokin, the frame could have used any tools of its trade to destroy them - possess a nearby beast and cause it to run rampant, possess the tribal leaders and force them to commit suicide, it might have even been able to possess the earth itself and swallow them all into a deep, crushing gullet that closed itself back up and left no trace of life.

And when the job was done, it would walk about of the mountain of corpses, brush its shoulders, and nobody would ever know what truly happened there.

Long story short, this frame would play similar to Abathur, from HotS. It would be very squishy and vulnerable when out in the "real world", but is capable of slipping into the bodies of enemies and allies. When inside the body of allies, the "host" is given strong arrays of buffs while the frame itself can maybe act as a third or maybe even fourth arm, so to speak. A rhino with 4 arms, each wielding a different weapon sounds like fun, doesn't it?
While inside enemies, the frame can manipulate them like a living puppet and use them to perform any number of tricks. Use them as meatshields? Use them to stroll right into the spy vault without anyone giving it a second thought? Toss their grenades at their allies? Grineer grunt, use selfdestruct!

Two skills would absolutely be relegated to Enemy possession and Ally possession, but the third skill might be some form of escape to boost survivability (as the frame will necessarily be VERY glassy to promote constantly jumping bodies). Maybe a skill that allows you to rapid fire jump from body to body like a chain reaction of possessions, each jump stealing a little extra armour from the next host, which culminates in your physical form trans-locating to your last host and bursting out of their chest, Alien style?

Lastly the ultimate might be capable of turning the frame into some kind of terrain manipulator, as if the frame has possessed the landscape itself. How neat it would be to jump into the "body" of nearby lockers or bins and use them like coffins to consume enemies alive, or maybe possess the defense point itself and turn it into a golem covered in strange, ectoplasmic pseudopods.

Alright, had this Idea for a frame for awhile and I can share it now.

Main concept: A Frame that creates a Bio clone of itself, and works in tandem with said clone to eliminate the enemy

Annd I realized I'm not supposed to share its abilities yet, so I'm probably disqualified. In the off chance I'm not just use: "A Frame that creates a Bio clone of itself, and works in tandem with said clone to eliminate the enemy" as the theme.

Как-то лет 5 назад мудрил в ФШ и получилось это:bd03106651ee.jpg
Он может подойти как кокой-нибудь "повелитель времени" типа Лимбо, только больше упор не на защитные способности, а на атакующие 

How about a warfame based on turning enemies into gold, melting them down, and then making structures from the melted gold. He could be named Midas.

Here's a backstory and quest suggestion.

Midas was once know as the Golden Gentleman, a frame that would rome the streets of cities and towns, blessing passerbys with his golden touch. He was widely prasied, becoming a symbol of luck and prosperity. However, he vanished, leaving only his legacy behind. People speculated that he had been abducted by the recently formed, money-hungry Corpus, or that he had gone off to fight revolting Grineer with his molten-gold spewing weapons and died. Either way it didn't matter, for he would eventually be forgoten by the societys he had served.

The quest to get him would start with a message from Little Duck saying that she had intercepted a message from a high ranking Corpus, and that she needed to talk to you about it. She then unveils how the Corpus have gained a lead on Midas and how Nef Anyo is planning on recovering his parts, reconstructing him, and then using his powers to make massive profit. She also explains that Nef plans on using said profit to retake Fortuna and crush SU, all while still using Midas to make large sums of credits. You than race Nef to the Midas's parts in an attempt to stop him.

Also, while I know ability suggestions aren't being taken yet: I have some ideas for them.

1st Ability: Midas sends out liquid gold in in a fan-like area in front of him, which turns any enemies it touches into gold.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   2nd Ability: Midas flips and tosses a gold coin that will either create a pool of molten gold that turns enemies into gold over a short duration of time (once the enemies are turned into gold they are automatically melted down by the pool), or that acts as a remotedly detonated bomb that instantly turns enemies that are in the blast radius to gold.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     3rd Ability: Midas melts down every golden enemy and absorbs all the molten gold. If this ability is held down then it gives Midas a golden armor that reduces a small amount of damage taken (held down part is only available if it has some absorbed gold as its disposal).                                                                                                                                                                                                 

4th Ability: Midas creates one of three golden constructs (one is offensive, one is defensive, and one is utility).                                                                   *Note that golden enemies would not stay golden for long periods of time.    

Hmm... I've already seen a few suggestions along the lines of a compilation thread I posted a couple years back.

If I had to pick just one theme from it though, I'd have to pick one that's the least like any frames we've had released in the meantime.

I think it's past time we see a Time-manipulating Warframe, don't you agree? Someone whose powers not only slow down/stop enemies or speed up/teleport allies, but also buff Duration for allies, weaken enemies by de-aging them to a lower level or aging their defenses to dust, or even weave time loops and paradoxes to their advantage. Could even be a nice way to tie in untapped lore like the unseen foreseer Unum, or lead into what eventually becomes the Duviri Paradox.

What's that? "Time's already been submitted"? Then how about more specifically, a Time-based Fencer, who uses her skills to weaken, evade and barrage enemies with quick attacks that repeatedly loop after she's moved on.

I was thinking you could make a warframe based all around light. I would name it Lumin and it would be a more female looking design. It's based around the idea of asorbing the light particles in the air and harnessing the photons to attack and change it's body to act more like them. 

As for abilities I was thinking stuff like it's first ability would be something to take in the photons around the area either giving it a blinding effect because it's taking light away or just asorbing a resource for it to use in it's later abilities.

It's second ability would be more in the way of utility using these absorbed photons to convert it's body into almost pure light to move faster and dodge damage. 

Finally I was thinking you could do like a laser ability or like a super Nova burst for damaging abilities.

These are all just ideas for it's kit but personally I would love a warframe that uses something like light which can be found everywhere that there is life and almost becoming one with it and making it it's way too survive

OK, this might be hard to pull off, and I can't look through 90 pages of pitches to see if it's already been mentioned, but a clockwork Warframe would be nifty. I don't want to take it down the steampunk route because that's too hard to pull off effectively and usually ends up being more corny than cool. It would be very ancient, possibly based on a curiosity someone built for some simple entertainment; an old automaton of the 19th century that was discovered by the Orokin and incorporated into a proper war machine. And as someone who writes I could easily write its lore up that doesn't retcon everything in its way or somehow exist in an impossible scenario with some collaboration with DE. I know an ability set isn't required now but I'm positive I could think up a moves list if this winds up in the top ten.

See what I did there? "Winds up"?! I'll show myself out...  

i would love to see a more corpus themed warframe. the backstory could be that it was frozen in the deep frost on fortuna and was melted out of the ice by the workers of fortuna, it would awaken with little memory of how it got there and have some limbs replaced completley with robotics. The warframe would gain perks along the lines of controlling or spawning in mechanical beings such as ospreys and whatnot. i know u said no abilities yet but hey figured id post em anyway. ability 1 Short circuit. releases a shock of electricity around the warframe at the cost of energy and shield integrity of the warframe. ability 2 shock and awe. Buffs up all electric type dmg/ granting allies electric dmg on atks. ability 3 overclocked. an ability that drains health as it goes along granting the warframe aditional dmg increasingly the longer its on (similar to how overclocking your cpu can kill it at the same time as boosting your stats). ability 4 death from above. summons a small army of ospreys / moas to assist the player these would be similar in level to the enemies you are facing. (ie lvl 5-10 enemies meaning 5-10 ospreys and moas)

i perfer a 'teacher' warframe that killing enemies by pulling large knowledge into enemies's brain.also able to make them sleepy and help teams higher accuracy of shot ,less spread of spread gun

I think a lunar-themed warframe would be nice. We have Wisp that's.. kinda of a solar frame, with radiation and stuff, so I think a lunar counterpart would be interesting, also considering all the Lua lore and orokin stuff.

Theme: A sharpshooter frame.

Back Story: The big brother of mesa, created before her but thought to be lost. He's skilled in using primary weapons. He always hits his mark. Takes on many titles; assassin, bounty hunter, mercenary. Efficient with a rifle, deadly with a sniper. No enemy has ever caught a glipse of him without paying the price, then he's gone without a trace.

I'll perhaps do concept art later for fun, havent done any since designing a weapon i didnt post years ago

As ash is a superior ninja, this warframe is a superior soldier based on special forces/ guerrilla warfare tactics.

(The rest of this is just for the sake of clarifying what I mean, and can be removed from consideration if necessary.)

Abilities could of potentially support concepts of these nature (e.g. rappelling down walls and ceilings for increased maneuvering, passive camouflage to make him innately somewhat harder to locate, a high-cost high-damage array of realistic post-modern grenades, some method of tagging a target to teleport/ catch up to them easier, the ability to do special finishers using secondary weapons, and/or a way to lower alert levels and activate nearby terminals or life support remotely. A decent candidate for a final ability could be summoning 3-4 other special forces copies with unique abilities to assist in carrying out tasks or dispatching opponents.)

A Warframe based around eternity. Maybe a hint of time too. Quick codex intro thing:

Eternalum, the beginning, the end. 

Eternalum controls the battlefield through the manipulation of eternity itself, to call upon what started and ended. 

Possible Passive: Eternal Vigil

When Eternalum takes damage at full health, he enters a state of perfect blocking for 7 seconds. This can only happen once every 45 seconds. 

Possible Passive: Eternity Vessel

Eternalum passively regenerates energy at a rate of 2 energy per second. 

Ability 1: Flicker

Eternalum releases a flicker of eternity, casting a wave of flickering warp forward.

This is a cone AOE CC, which functions a bit like Rhino's Stomp in a smaller area. I imagine the effect would look like flickering shadows of whatever is hit appearing around them, essentially showing them in the infinitesimal amount of positions they could have been in. 

Ability 2: Vessel's Wellspring

Eternalum expands his access to eternal energy into a wellspring for others to take from. 

In essence this ability would create a zone that whenever stepped into, would regenerate a Warframe's energy, at the cost of lowering Eternalum's own passive energy gain.

Ability 3: Glaive of Eternity

Eternalum calls forth a glaive made of his own eternal energy. 

A radiant weapon, and one I feel would be interesting. The glaives in the game are dope, if you ask me. Really wish we could make a Zaw Glaive. Now, why a Glaive? Because a weapon that is circular and rotates is a classic symbol for eternity, in the sense it represents an eternal cycle. 

It also interacts with his 4th ability. 

Ability 4: Stand of Eternity

Eternalum let's the full force of eternity lose, becoming an Avatar of it. 

This is what you can call survivability. When this ability is activated, Eternalum will be invincible for as long as they can retain a combo chain. Hence why his weapon is also a thrown weapon.

I imagine the energy cost to initially activate it would be pretty stellar, but it would be worth it. 

Hopefully this gets seen 😊

Salamander/Amphibian Frame pls

920x920.jpg

Amphibians, specifically Salamanders, are incredibly versatile creatures. They have a long history of being revered and even feared as flame gods in mythology. Their bodies are regeneration powerhouses, able to regrow limbs, parts of their body, tails and in some species, parts of their head and brain. Having soft and permeable skin makes them rather squishy but also is a good way of secreting dangerous deterrents in the form of paralyzing agents and poison. Despite their squishiness they are incredibly resilient; their "slime coats" keeping them safe from illness (hint hint status procs). If it's not their vibrant colors, array of toxins or even vocal stimming used to deter predators, they are also known to go on the offensive in fight or flight situations.

Being voracious eaters, anything that can fit in their wide maw WILL be eaten. Some species of Salamander such as the Iberian Ribbed Newt take it a step further and go full on metal. When threatened they puncture their own ribs through their flesh to intimidate their opponents. When that fails, they will use the secretions of their skin and ram targets to puncture them and deal doses of poison (usually at the cost of their own vitality, but not always fatal.) Their semi-aquatic nature makes them adept at multiple forms of travel. By water, land, and even under the ground as shown by several species of mole salamanders like the Eastern/Western Barred Tigers.
chinese-giant-salamander.jpg

"Christ, just look at him," sources say. "Absolute unit."

I could see one working as a sort of unorthodox tank/support. Using intimidation from their rib puncture, potential Damage Resistance from a slime coat and their recovery making a super potent kit. Would love to see one of my favorite animals/species represented in Warframe (That isn't just Froggy-vara).

What about a Warframe based on light, really diving deep into the properties of photons, as well as how wavelengths can work, and even taking a prod at concepts such as hard-light. So much potential here.

Light is carried over space by photons, so if a Warframe had control over photons, they could do so much with that, such as alter the visual perceptions that enemies see, or, in recent studies, combine photons with carbon, and create light crystals (yes there's real studies on this.) Photons have even been shown to demonstrate that they can induce force on objects, in what is called "photophoresis." So, photons can be used offensively, if used by a Warframe. Wavelengths of light can do so much, too. They can change what color gets reflected by a surface, and maybe that can have different effects (for example--you could have a Wavelength set of some kind, where you want Blue light to be reflected, so the more Blue that your Warframe or an ally has on their appearance, they get faster reload speed.) This doesn't even go in-depth about the wavelengths of energy, such as Gamma rays, infrared, UV, etc. And for those unfamiliar with the concept of hard-light, think: Green Lantern.

When the War begins, a shining light could unify all.

Archived