Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kavat scans buggy or am I just really unlucky?

(XBOX)NoTownGhost

Question

So, I've been trying to farm kavat genetic codes for like 3 days now (roughly 4 missions a day averaging 4 scans per mission) and I've gotten exactly one code. Iirc the rate is something like 25% chance per scan so I was just wondering, is there a bug I dunno about? I use my limbo prime with a cata-stasis focused build and solo it so I don't annoy anyone...maybe they don't drop in the rift?

I really want a kitty to run around my lander...and this is getting beyond frustrating.

3 hours ago, TheRossDiary said:

i also tried multiple runs with heliocor but unfortunately zero scans .... i ' m talking about 30 / 40 kavats finished with that weapon... 

did you kill Feral Kavats only? (found in the derelict or inaros quest, nowhere else as far as I know)
the ones summoned by Hyekka Masters don't give any codes

6 minutes ago, TheRossDiary said:

no i killed the ones from derelict maps, wich gives those codes

Probably a bug in the weapon then, try with the synthesis scanner(they update a lot of stuff). 
I had a streak like this once but I doubt that with 30 kavats you won't get at least 1 or 2 codes.
My biggest streak was about 3 hours in and out in the derelict scanning and at the end I got about 3 codes, didn't count the kavats.
After that run I just buy them. 😄

Edited by vegetosayajin
  • Like 1

On 2020-03-24 at 8:35 AM, (XB1)NoTownGhost said:

Originally sort of a sunshine yellow and white, no special patterns, if I figure out how to get a screenshot off my Xbox I'll post it. Now she's a mirage purple with black belly though...cuz I like to customize everything I can.

Ooo can't wait to see.._ I love Kavats myself and have a pic of Vaquaera on my DeviantArt Stash as it links in here nicely: positive I've posted her on the forums....

On 2020-03-11 at 6:47 PM, kapn655321 said:

Sadly, one of the best ways to get cat scans, is a Scan Hammer like (Synoid or normal) Heliocor. =/

actually, this will not get you cat scans per my testing it awhile back.

Now once you scan the cat, if you hit it with a fully charged ballistica prime, you get a ghost you can scan for prints.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

actually, this will not get you cat scans per my testing it awhile back.

Now once you scan the cat, if you hit it with a fully charged ballistica prime, you get a ghost you can scan for prints.

Thanks for the clarification. I was taking that on hearsay, since I never was comfortable with the idea of hammering cats where avoidable, let alone gearing for that specifically.
The Ballistica tip is useful.

• Like 1

Regarding the (Synoid) Heliocor scan bug, I can confirm it's still present as today (04/04/2020).

I verified this using the Synoid Heliocor in Derelict Exterminate mission to scan for Feral Kavats (I assume it's the same with the regular Heliocor; this bug was already present for both in 2018).

BUT: not only it doesn't scan killed enemies (not the Kavats anyway), it also invalidates scan using the Synthesis scanner! (when equipped)

In Derelict Exterminate mission, I normally find 4-6 Kavats (they usually go in pairs). Today I got this:

- Using S. Heliocor to kill all enemies (including 4-6 Kavats): no Kavat genetic codes

- Using Synthesis scanner to scan 4-6 Kavats (and S. Heliocor still equipped): no codes

- Using Synthesis scanner to scan 4-6 Kavats (no Heliocor equipped): 2 codes

So Heliocor is not only useless for scanning, it ruins other forms of scan too! 😞

FYI, for Kavat scanning I'm using Rhino with Argonak rifle. The Argonak zoom (Auto mode) shows enemies with a red border, so when I enter a room I can see the enemies and if there's some Kavats in it.

When I find Kavats(s), I get close and then use Rhino Stomp (4) to "freeze" enemies for a while, so I can scan the Kavats. It's pretty simple.

On 2020-03-24 at 8:35 AM, (XB1)NoTownGhost said:

Originally sort of a sunshine yellow and white, no special patterns, if I figure out how to get a screenshot off my Xbox I'll post it. Now she's a mirage purple with black belly though...cuz I like to customize everything I can.

My Vaquaera just after being matured -

vaquaera_fox_pattern_by_claudija_ddfuvd2

Edited by (PS4)Claudija