Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentinal weapon discussion

Educated_Beast

I have always mod my sentinal weapons for utility over damage.  If I am not using gladiator or vigilante sets for a specific build, I always leaned toward rapid fire status weapons.

Sweeper prime with a increase speed / status riven, speed mods, and status modded specially for blast/corrosive was one of my favorites.  I did not put damage mods on so it would not kill steal and the rapid fire / decent status % endured everything that got close got knocked down and armor striped.  

I would love blast going back to knockdown and give impact instead a debuff on accuracy (just lower % effect because impact is common).  Since that is likely never going to happen and now that blast is (relatively) useless, how are you guys modding sentinal weapons now?  

Is every build just going to vigilante or gladiator or swap to corrosive + heat on everything (losing big % status from 60/60 cold)?

p.s. Even though I did not use blast on my weapons directly, it had this nice niche on sentinal weapons where I used it frequently.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Vodka_Vision_ said:

Crytora:

Mod for Viral, Get it up to 150% status without a riven, slam all the useless vigilante mods onto it. 

Before the update I was complaining that the Cryotra somehow uses pre-rework beam mechanics and is trash, but now I can get it up to 300% status chance without even trying because +fire rate increases its status chance for some reason. How the tables have turned.

Deth Machine Rifle Prime can make for a surprisingly saucy Status spewer
(a Riven like my +Status Chance +Slash Damage +Multishot one helps a bit lol),
mine is modded for Viral and Heat (very original I know) and can chew through some pretty high-level stuff
(or "just" prep it for your Frame / trigger stuff like Synth Mods and Energy Generator).

now that the STUPID identical mod restrictions on Sentinels has been removed (about god damn time), I'm working on all my prime Sentinels to actually be decent at damaging and killing things. I think Sweeper prime is still gonna be the best by a landslide no matter what I do, but whenever I want my Sentinel to just be pure utility, I give them the Artax. I haven't actually invested into sentinel weapons until now as I either used a Kavat or just stayed with Artax since I couldn't be bothered dealing with the identical mod problem every time it came up. should be interesting (or disheartening) to see what they can do, and which ones need buffs.