The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Magnetic, Blast, Void status effects re-rework suggestions

Gluckogon

Magnetic:

In addition to the current effect, 1-4 magnectic procs also pull enemies in a small radius (~5m) to the affected target. This effect mimics the Magus Anomaly arcane, but with far less area of effect. When magnetic procs number reaches 5, an anomaly, simular to the “magnetic anomalies” from the sortie missions, is being created (yet smaller, more transparent). Anomaly duration is ~8 seconds and its effect radius is about the same as the initial pull effect had, but grows with additional procs, reaching it's maximum radius of ~8m at 10 procs. Anomaly stays in place for it's remaining duration if target, it was applied on, dies. All enemies affected by the anomaly are losing their shields ~10% per second.

Right now, there are only one status effect that is REALLY effective as a crowd control tool for higher level content - Radiation. This magnetic proc change could add some variety for crowd control builds. Additionally, there will be a nice synergy for Gas + Magnetic status builds.

Blast:

When blast proc is being applied it also creates an actual blast, dealing ~50% of initial hit damage in 5m radius with 90% damage falloff. All enemies caught in the explosion receiving inaccuracy debuff.

This change will allow to create an AoE builds on status-heavy weapons. Blast status effect will become a direct competitor to Electric status effect, with higher radius (5m vs 3m), significantly less damage overall (yet all of its bonus damage applies instantly) and with inaccuracy debuff that lasts longer and affects more enemies than stun of electric proc.

Void:

Current Mag's mini bubbles is completely removed. Instead, void proc applies visual effect simular to the one that Peculiar Bloom mod does, but, instead of pretty flowers, effect makes target become encased with spiky thorny void plants. Those plants slightly reduce target's speed (maybe from 10% to 50% less speed for 1-10 procs respectively) and deal some damage over time (~10% of the initial hit damage per second for 6 seconds).

Void proc on live version do more harm than good in most situations, I think its removal is completely justified. New variant is a combination of Colds slow and the DoT part of Heat proc. Slowing enemies with your amp can become a half-decent crowd control tool for some tough in-game situations, while DoT will increase DPS and viability of status amps overall. Crit amps are the meta right now, the suggested rework may shift this situation a bit.

These changes can increase build variety and bring to life some exotic and fun builds. Like Blast + Electric status build with decent AoE damage, which also stuns enemies while making them inaccurate. Or obvious Gas + Magnetic build, which can make status weapons a good choice for battles against infested and corpus factions.

I hope this was useful and sorry for the engrish. :)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gluckogon said:

Void:

Current Mag's mini bubbles is completely removed. Instead, void proc applies visual effect simular to the one that Peculiar Bloom mod does, but, instead of pretty flowers, effect makes target become encased with spiky thorny void plants. Those plants slightly reduce target's speed (maybe from 10% to 50% less speed for 1-10 procs respectively) and deal some damage over time (~10% of the initial hit damage per second for 6 seconds).

From lore standpoind that makes no sence .

• Like 2

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Gluckogon:

Void:

So Void is only Operator. Your rework is trash. Plants... Really? Shred performance on a eidolon.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Omega-ZX said:

So Void is only Operator. Your rework is trash. Plants... Really? Shred performance on a eidolon.

It's better than the actual interruption that the current Void proc is. Maybe don't fight Eidolons on a toaster.

• Like 5

Blast should just inherit what Impact procs do now. It should be an elemental combo that if you mod for it, you opt-in to stagger your enemies. Explosive weapons that have Blast as their primary damage element should be doing what Impact does now already, because they’re explosive weapons that should stagger as much as they’re staggering us with these recent changes. An AoE stagger from Blast makes more sense than an AoE accuracy debuff. From there it’s just a matter of how to adjust ragdoll which, imho, should be made into another status ailment like how the Lifted status was created.

Impact should be changed to something else. Heck, giving Impact the properties of what Blast does now is a good starting point (accuracy debuff).

The focus on reworking Impact into consecutive staggers leading up to a chance to perform a Parazon Finisher never made any sense to me in the first place.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

Blast should just inherit what Impact procs do now. It should be an elemental combo that if you mod for it, you opt-in to stagger your enemies. Explosive weapons that have Blast as their primary damage element should be doing what Impact does now already, because they’re explosive weapons that should stagger as much as they’re staggering us with these recent changes. An AoE stagger from Blast makes more sense than an AoE accuracy debuff. From there it’s just a matter of how to adjust ragdoll which, imho, should be made into another status ailment like how the Lifted status was created.

Impact should be changed to something else. Heck, giving Impact the properties of what Blast does now is a good starting point (accuracy debuff).

The focus on reworking Impact into consecutive staggers leading up to a chance to perform a Parazon Finisher never made any sense to me in the first place.

I could agree with that, right now Impact status effect is the top choice if you want to REDUCE DPS of any weapon, that relies on headshot multiplier for dealing damage, Switching its place with Blast could fix that, but I would like to see some changes to the Blast itself too. It would be nice to have some reason to build some of your weapons for the Blast. It had some nice synergy with Condition Overload before its nerf, allowing you to have two status effects and therefore two damage multipliers per Blast proc, but right now there is no reason to use that tactic. So, currently Blast is almost 100% useless and switching it's status effect with Impact would not fix that.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

If Parazon finisher minimal health threshold increased to like 50-60% health we can see impact procs have a meaning. I don’t think this will increase power creep because doing a parazon finishers already slows your kill per second with the animation and it still can’t compete with the monster that is Viral.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LuckyCharm said:

Why cant blast just be like a 1s blind or something to that effect. I mean like there is a flash with some explosions, it could in theory blind

Interesting idea, but would you mod your weapons for Blast if it's proc had only minor effect like inaccuracy debuff or 1s blind or Impact stagger? I mean it needs to do something beefier.

Edited by Gluckogon

There was a thread earlier in the week that touched on some ideas for magnetic:

Spoiler

In it I had added my thoughts on magnetic:
Stacks 1-3, scaling levels of standard magnetic against shields
stacks 4-6, +scaling amounts of minor energy/shield leech
stacks 7-9, scaling magnetic bubble that amplifies damage/detonates if active on death, dealing magnetic aoe w/chance disarm & spawns energy orb
stack 10, drags enemies near within 6m w/aura of 1 magnetic proc per sec.

Would also add for this thread, Blast:
Stacks 1-3 Reduced accuracy
Stacks 4-6 Chance to drop ammo/health orb on hit, "Shattering Impact" effect
Stacks 7-9 AoE and Knockdown w/chance to blind, allowing for finishers.
Stack 10 Longer recovery time for each successive knockdown, +prone finisher bonus damage

Void:
Death detonation? Unairu's wisp drop? Give enemies aura of void damage? Kills improve energy efficiency by 30%?

Totally open to suggestions on any of these, their order, the strength or type of ability.. just brainstorming.

Edited by kapn655321
  • Like 1

On 2020-04-06 at 10:18 AM, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

Oddly enough, I think that was my suggestion.

If it was, they sort of tweaked it. I was thinking that the enemy being off their footing could reduce the Threshold for parazon finishers.. They can't intelligently defend themselves, so they're exposed to being easier to pick off. Either way, it was a Glorious change for my Shaku! ❤️ Lvl 70's set up frequent finishers. Feels good, man.

Like, if you're just dumping bullets into something (say, w/Gorgon for instance,) and you've got an enemy stun locked in a stagger.. the closer to death they get, the easier it is for an ally to swoop in and just end them.. or for you yourself to close the distance and save some ammo.

I'd also suggested to open up Way more things to melee finishers, as well as who knows how many other ideas. Guess that one seemed best, as it allows more integration with Parazon specifically. Some of the other ideas at the time involved Gas stacking in size (which they used) bleed and gas dmg leading to sleep/prone, blast leading to easier prone set ups.. lots of finishers. Too many enemies just eating bullets, and that going absolutely nowhere with no result.. That's started to ease up in some very real ways lately.

Edited by kapn655321

On 2020-04-06 at 9:58 AM, Gluckogon said:

Magnetic:

In addition to the current effect, 1-4 magnectic procs also pull enemies in a small radius (~5m) to the affected target. This effect mimics the Magus Anomaly arcane, but with far less area of effect. When magnetic procs number reaches 5, an anomaly, simular to the “magnetic anomalies” from the sortie missions, is being created (yet smaller, more transparent). Anomaly duration is ~8 seconds and its effect radius is about the same as the initial pull effect had, but grows with additional procs, reaching it's maximum radius of ~8m at 10 procs. Anomaly stays in place for it's remaining duration if target, it was applied on, dies. All enemies affected by the anomaly are losing their shields ~10% per second.

Right now, there are only one status effect that is REALLY effective as a crowd control tool for higher level content - Radiation. This magnetic proc change could add some variety for crowd control builds. Additionally, there will be a nice synergy for Gas + Magnetic status builds.

Blast:

When blast proc is being applied it also creates an actual blast, dealing ~50% of initial hit damage in 5m radius with 90% damage falloff. All enemies caught in the explosion receiving inaccuracy debuff.

This change will allow to create an AoE builds on status-heavy weapons. Blast status effect will become a direct competitor to Electric status effect, with higher radius (5m vs 3m), significantly less damage overall (yet all of its bonus damage applies instantly) and with inaccuracy debuff that lasts longer and affects more enemies than stun of electric proc.

I like the magnetic idea with magnetic pull and a gas synergy!

Blast aoe damage is very welcome but I still don't care about accuracy debuff, but I'd rather see a classic stun effect with no push backs, knock downs or ragdolls. Just a good old stun to aim for headshots. And fine if headshots interrupt stuns, most of the time 1 headshot is enough.

5 hours ago, Gluckogon said:

Interesting idea, but would you mod your weapons for Blast if it's proc had only minor effect like inaccuracy debuff or 1s blind or Impact stagger? I mean it needs to do something beefier.

I probably would yeah, given that most innate blast weapons are slow firing launchers that may allow for consecutive hits. But modding for it means youre open for corrosive/blast builds meaning you blind and armor strip, sort of in the way radiation and viral work so well

But modding for it means youre open for corrosive/blast builds meaning you blind and armor strip...

Wouldn't Corrosive + Heat be a better choice? Heat takes less mod slots, adds armor stripping, also has a CC (not that useful tho) and it doesn't have a damage penalty against Ferrite armor. Oh, it also deals decent damage over time.

Edited by Gluckogon