Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I thought I'm okay with melee 3.0 but then I remembered I used polearms

sitfesz

And polearms got nerfred to the #*!%ing ground.

I lost more than 3 meters of radius with primed reach+range riven and heavy blades have the same base range as polearms.
Are you okay with this kind of #*!%ery? Why the hell have most of heavy blades the same range as polearms? Polearms should be much greater. Heavy blades hit like a truck.

I almost forgot this, because I wrote a comment in the feedback section and thought "okay, I have done what I could, lets wait". And here we are since melee 3.0.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, KaizergidorahXi said:

I think that was kind of the point. Polearms being able to wipe entire rooms isn't fun for everyone who doesn't use Polearms.

But heavy blades are okay. Right, I get it. #*!% polearms, hail heavyblades (their damage output is much larger and there are slam attacks in combos and stuff).

Edited by sitfesz
  • Like 1

I really wish they didn't have to park the melee changes.. and I dread the idea that they have to let them sit another 4 years before we see more touch ups. While there are still improvement to be made, polearm stances and damage included.. I don't feel they were nerfed to the ground. Their range is still excellent, and their damage is in the high-mid range. They're able to hit many targets quickly, stacking into melee counter. 

...the melee counter system is a bit sluggish to stack up unless you mod for it, so that's of little consolation to someone who had range cheese and CO modded to the moon and back.. I haven't used Heavy Weapons, though I have heard they're pretty OP.. Which, I'm sure you'd welcome them coming down a bit to not feel like they comparatively dwarf your pole arm strats.. and those users would be just as upset as you are now.

As for players like myself who struggled with the most abysmally non viable, non meta weapons... I'm glad I can actually kill things above level 50 now... for once.

• Like 1

A nerf does not make a thing bad, Polearms are still very good. In some sense they are much better as a lot of them got substantial buffs to their critical and/or status chance stats. Their range is also still substantial.

If a thing is worse than it was, but is still very good, why are you complaining?

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

I really wish they didn't have to park the melee changes.. and I dread the idea that they have to let them sit another 4 years before we see more touch ups. While there are still improvement to be made, polearm stances and damage included.. I don't feel they were nerfed to the ground. Their range is still excellent, and their damage is in the high-mid range. They're able to hit many targets quickly, stacking into melee counter. 

...the melee counter system is a bit sluggish to stack up unless you mod for it, so that's of little consolation to someone who had range cheese and CO modded to the moon and back.. I haven't used Heavy Weapons, though I have heard they're pretty OP.. Which, I'm sure you'd welcome them coming down a bit to not feel like they comparatively dwarf your pole arm strats.. and those users would be just as upset as you are now.

As for players like myself who struggled with the most abysmally non viable, non meta weapons... I'm glad I can actually kill things above level 50 now... for once.

8 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

A nerf does not make a thing bad, Polearms are still very good. In some sense they are much better as a lot of them got substantial buffs to their critical and/or status chance stats. Their range is also still substantial.

If a thing is worse than it was, but is still very good, why are you complaining?

For both of you, I'm not complaining, because polearms are bad. Polearms are still the best for me, for my playstyle and enjoyment.

I complain, because polearms didn't get a compensation and just got straight nerfed.
Polearms had the greatest range behind whipblades with mid-damage, mid-speed. That was the point of polearms. And it's just gone, reduced to atoms.

Edit: heavy blades now are mostly the same, but many of them are with high slash IPS distribution, high crit and/or status, slightly worse attack speed and with the same range (or worse range with a whole 0.1), which is bullS#&$ compared to stats of most polearms.

Edited by sitfesz
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, sitfesz said:

I complain, because polearms didn't get a compensation and just got straight nerfed.

"Straight nerfed"

Spoiler

Polearms

General

Parry Angle set to 55

Follow Through reduced from 0.8 to 0.6

MASTERY RANK 0-3

Orthos

Damage increased from 50 to 175

Range increased from 2 to 3

Status Chance increased from 15% to 18%

Critical Chance increased from 5% to 6%

Tonbo

Damage increased from 80 to 184

MASTERY RANK 4-6

Guandao

Damage increased from 90 to 202

Critical Chance increased from 22% to 28%

Cassowar

Damage increased from 70 to 188

Sydon

Mastery Rank increased from 2 to 5

Damage increased from 75 to 225

Range increased from 2 to 2.9

Serro

Mastery Rank increased from 2 to 6

Damage increased from 75 Electricity to 96 Slash and 138 Electricity

Status Chance increased from 25% to 26%

Critical Chance increased from 5% to 8%

MASTERY RANK 7-9

Kesheg

Damage increased from 105 to 241

Status Chance increased from 10% to 23%

Critical Chance increased from 7.5% to 19%

Pupacyst

Damage increased from 90 to 284

Range increased from 1.5 to 2.7

Lesion

Mastery Rank increased from 7 to 9

Damage increased from 100 to 237

Status Chance increased from 30% to 37%

Critical Chance increased from 5% to 15%

MASTERY RANK 10-12

Vaykor Sydon

Mastery Rank increased from 8 to 11

Damage increased from 85 to 213

Status Chance increased from 25% to 33%

Critical Chance increased from 15% to 21%

Critical Damage increased from 2x to 2.5x

Radial Blind now triggered by Block+Alt Fire at full charge

Orthos Prime

Mastery Rank increased from 2 to 12

Damage increased from 65 to 234

Status Chance increased from 15% to 36%

Critical Chance increased from 10% to 24%

Critical Damage increased from 2x to 2.2x

Looks more like they were made into viable melee weapons outside of maiming strike builds, which they're still viable with mind you. Range isn't the only stat that matters.

Edited by trst
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, sitfesz said:

For both of you, I'm not complaining, because polearms are bad. Polearms are still the best for me, for my playstyle and enjoyment.

Polearms had the greatest range behind whipblades with mid-damage, mid-speed. That was the point of polearms. And it's just gone, reduced to atoms.

They've still got a very long range. Orthos Prime and it's equals were a go to to cheese things. They were among the only weapons in game to be able to use range mods, which were outrageously OP on them. A base 3m is pretty solid for any melee, and is still longer than Gram Prime by a hair. (3 meters is nearly 10 feet. with Primed Reach, you are just short of a 20 foot range. With a Riven, you can break that even further..)

Their stats are still comparable, and don't necessitate them feeling like garbage (as most weapons felt pre-update.) Enemy armor was reduced to mitigate the amount of cheese and DPS required to kill them.. Frankly, the old Orthos P and it's peers could take a day Equinox ult to task for slashing up a radius.

So maybe it's more to do with the feel of the stances? Stat wise, you should still be pretty comfortable.. and though there's some adjusting to not throwing 40k+ red crits on every slide attack in a 25m (82ft) area, they're still able to kill enemies they're expected to kill, more in line with the intention of the developers.

11 minutes ago, --.Comfortably.Numb.-- said:

Nerfed the weapons with alot of range, and gave those with less range more range, i think its fine.

I guess then they should nerf weapons with a lot of damage and give it to weapons with less damage? Until they reach the number 1 in each stat for each weapon? Because that is what balancing is. To you.

8 minutes ago, trst said:

"Straight nerfed"

Reveal hidden contents

Polearms

General

Parry Angle set to 55

Follow Through reduced from 0.8 to 0.6

MASTERY RANK 0-3

Orthos

Damage increased from 50 to 175

Status Chance increased from 15% to 18%

Critical Chance increased from 5% to 6%

Tonbo

Damage increased from 80 to 184

MASTERY RANK 4-6

Guandao

Damage increased from 90 to 202

Critical Chance increased from 22% to 28%

Cassowar

Damage increased from 70 to 188

Sydon

Mastery Rank increased from 2 to 5

Damage increased from 75 to 225

Serro

Mastery Rank increased from 2 to 6

Damage increased from 75 Electricity to 96 Slash and 138 Electricity

Status Chance increased from 25% to 26%

Critical Chance increased from 5% to 8%

MASTERY RANK 7-9

Kesheg

Damage increased from 105 to 241

Status Chance increased from 10% to 23%

Critical Chance increased from 7.5% to 19%

Pupacyst

Damage increased from 90 to 284

Lesion

Mastery Rank increased from 7 to 9

Damage increased from 100 to 237

Status Chance increased from 30% to 37%

Critical Chance increased from 5% to 15%

MASTERY RANK 10-12

Vaykor Sydon

Mastery Rank increased from 8 to 11

Damage increased from 85 to 213

Status Chance increased from 25% to 33%

Critical Chance increased from 15% to 21%

Critical Damage increased from 2x to 2.5x

Radial Blind now triggered by Block+Alt Fire at full charge

Orthos Prime

Mastery Rank increased from 2 to 12

Damage increased from 65 to 234

Status Chance increased from 15% to 36%

Critical Chance increased from 10% to 24%

Critical Damage increased from 2x to 2.2x

Looks more like they were made into viable melee weapons outside of maiming strike builds, which they're viable with mind you. Range isn't the only stat that matters.

Sure, put heavy blade changes besides this, and compare it.

8 minutes ago, Yakhul said:

You need to change your stance maybe. Polearms are crazy strong.

I used both stanced and I have my preference for the best and most viable damage output. Polearms are crazy strong, because every melee is crazy strong, breaking news.

9 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

Should they nerf heavy blades?

Yes, but actually no. They can't nerf heavy blades, because the range threshold differences are too tiny to nerf it. They should buff base polearm range to make it different, or they need to nerf all other weapons to meet the proper rates.

Funny that you say this:

2 minutes ago, sitfesz said:

Polearms are crazy strong, because every melee is crazy strong, breaking news.

When just a few minutes ago, you said this:

52 minutes ago, sitfesz said:

And polearms got nerfred to the #*!%ing ground

Flash news: Every melee weapon got their range "nerfed" and yet, Polearms still remain as the melee weapons with the highest base range. If your definition of a ground breaking nerf is the range, then I'm sorry, but you will have to get used to it. Literally, everyone else did.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Yakhul said:

Funny that you say this:

When just a few minutes ago, you said this:

Flash news: Every melee weapon got their range "nerfed" and yet, Polearms still remain as the melee weapons with the highest base range. If your definition of a ground breaking nerf is the range, then I'm sorry, but you will have to get used to it. Literally, everyone else did.

Polearm ranges got nerfed by #*!%ing more than 30% and yet it's damage is not, so it's still #*!%ing powerful, even if a numbC*** that can't differentiate statistical damage from theoretical usage, and it's still nerfed.

Polearms DO NOT remain the melee weapons with the highest base range, because the heavy weapons with 3.00 and 2.90 base range are there.

I will not get used to it, but I wish you just get used to it when they nerf your favorite S#&$ that doesn't affect me. Like a frost nerf. #*!% yea, why not?

Edited by sitfesz

10 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

Cool. I give up, then.

Thanks but it gave more when it increased base range % instead of the flat range with decreased base range as now. Currently we could almost match (or even match, but I don't have the stuff to test that) zaw polearm range with higher riven disposition range riven in a dagger.

7 minutes ago, ty91 said:

For me its the stance change that is the most disappointing, it made it so depressing to play

I use Shimmering Blight, this stance is mostly old quick melee and even its block combo can be great, however you need to learn the leap range in it.

Edited by sitfesz

26 minutes ago, sitfesz said:

I will not get used to it, but I wish you just get used to it when they nerf your favorite S#&$ that doesn't affect me. Like a frost nerf. #*!% yea, why not?

Too bad then, it is time for you to look for other melee weapon. and by the way, im pretty sure you did not checked the stats right 🙂 Orthos Prime has a base range of 3m, while the Gram Prime, has a range of 2.9m I don't know bout you, but even a baby can tell which one has higher range XD

I'm amazed that you took the time to look through my posting history to know i main frost. If they nerf him, ill just swap to other frame, as simple as that. Adaptation is a thing in real life too. Meanwhile you will keep living in the past unable to accept any changes.

2 minutes ago, Yakhul said:

Too bad then, it is time for you to look for other melee weapon. and by the way, im pretty sure you did not checked the stats right 🙂 Orthos Prime has a base range of 3m, while the Gram Prime, has a range of 2.9m I don't know bout you, but even a baby can tell which one has higher range XD

I'm amazed that you took the time to look through my posting history to know i main frost. If they nerf him, ill just swap to other frame, as simple as that. Adaptation is a thing in real life too. Meanwhile you will keep living in the past unable to accept any changes.

That whole 5 seconds was worth it. I mentioned that tiny difference in my previous comments.

I hope now you swap to an other topic as you would swap to an other frame. I may prefer the past as it lacked you.

The primary point of melee 3.0 was to get people to use a greater diversity of melee weapons. A very high percentage of everyone was using polearms because of the range the primary thing this did was normalize range across all weapons.  in the past those weapons that had smaller ranges had much higher DPS to compensate for it. Now that DPS is the same but they have the same range as what the polearms have so you can do far better if you use some other weapons.  Daggers, tonfas and scythes all benefited greatly.  single-handed swords as well.

Another thing to be aware of is the biggest thing that can make weapons great now is often times the Stance.   they reworked the stances for a lot of the weapons and some of them have forced slash procs, as well as bonus dmg hits like Crimson dervish has a 300%  (this was always there but single handed swords used to have a low range) in its base combo.  also with the tonfas  they are mediocre except with the Sovereign Outcast stance which makes them great.  

I know you said that pole arms work best for you but I really think you should explore some of the other ones they all feel a lot different than they used to.