The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone out there not jaded and actually having fun and getting rewards?

(PSN)CrazyBeaTzu

The amount of margaritas I could make from all the salt on these forums is real.  Of course glitches are annoying, but the biggest problems I have with this game are the whiny mentalities people possess.  

The game is great.  If I get bored or burnt out or frustrated, I do something else.  It's so easy.  It's a video game, if you don't enjoy it. . .leave, which is a decision I made with a game that I had played since early beta and stuck around for close to eight years with.  Top level gear and everything, realized I had been playing for well over a year and not enjoying it.  Walked away.  Warframe is nice because there's very little FOMO, so if you're not enjoying it. . .leave.  

:Shrugs:  

I'm enjoying myself.  

• Like 6

So I finished farming scarlet spear (and I probably won't bother doing more of it) but all in all, here's the total stuff I got in comparison to what I showcased earlier:

With a score a little under 1 million:

Spoiler

s8wPWuI.png

here's the arcanes I scored (all of them, rank 5):

Spoiler

GngdS9j.pngXFpfdrm.png

All of the scarlet creds I had left over after I had bought every arcane from little duck ( and I also bought the basmu and ceti lacera and all the decorative bits of course, basically everything but stance forma):

Spoiler

pmqqRjn.png

all the intrinsics I earned (10/10/10/10, can't go any higher but man it feels good to have done it naturally without using some cheesy ivara method)

Spoiler

IN4YBuo.png

all of the dirac I got. I already had all the dirac I ever needed for my avionics/grid before the event so this is like actually not helpful but hey it's something

Spoiler

eB6oDlW.png

As far as avionics go I actually got a bunch of avionics and battle avionics from the flights between the murex's here's kind of the new stuff

Spoiler

Many new copies of Fiery Phoenix, Seeker volley, particle ram, and even some munitions vortex.

l04iGNO.png

Sentient fortitude, revo reducer and hardened casings are the new ones

73GNvre.png

Here's all the relics I got

Spoiler

FCfyMqb.png

The requiem relics aren't something I got from scarlet spear but those are a leftover in reference after I went and did 90 kuva liches to get all 16 kuva weapons to 60% heat bonus and all the vengeful ephemeras. I guess it shows how much in scale ~1 month of spear gets you relative to 4 months of lich thrall stabbings.

As far as sentient drops themselves:

Spoiler

cXIW3MS.png

I think I actually had 600 orokin cells before the event so a solid +90

UH7KTfa.png

shedu parts

UAqkmKQ.png

vengeful revenants

RCfN4Ke.png

and hey I even got several war parts too

As far as what I used, pretty much only public murex raids using banshee and a single weapon which is what I usually do for missions (non primed banshee because the difference between the two is so small that it does not matter which one I pick and I like using normal banshee). The weapons I used varied based on which ones I wanted to forma for their weapon exilus slot. I distinctly remember using the vulkar, vulkar wraith, shedu, basmu, ceti lacera, Baza, Baza Prime, attica and the kuva karak. The banshee build I used for murex raids in particular was slightly different from my usual 337% strength banshee build that I was running for the lich hunts I did prior to spear, where I swapped out a power strength mod (reducing strength down to 299%) for sonic fracture so I could remove the armor of highly armored railjack enemies like exo gokstad officers (As a point of reference, gokstad officers over level 100 have over 10 million effective health, reduced down to 200k hp once fully stripped of armor so having my 1 power do what is effectively 9.8 million points of effective health damage in the form of armor stripping is really convenient). The other great part about playing banshee though for the murex raid is that the sonar damage amplification allows me to fairly often, ignore the adaptation damage reduction that the sentients use so I can focus purely on aiming and shooting rather than swapping in and out of operator to reset resistances (and it means I don't need shedu/paracesis for resistance resets giving me freedom of weapon choice).

As far as notable warframes I ran into, I'd say the one that was most useful as a teammate was nova thanks to both the excellent slow cc and damage buff. I also saw a lot of funny weird builds also work. Nekros shadows worked as excellent distractions. I've seen nyx, octavia, hildryn, vauban, titania, volt, rhino, mag and baruuk all work as crowd control. I saw a nidus try to work as crowd control, and I mean try as in "they cast larvae once, it failed to pull any sentient,and then the nidus player disconnected from the squad never to be seen again". I saw a handful of trinity, some of which were doing abating link. I saw lots of limbo/mesa/frost, which I assume to be the most "meta" of players for this event. I also saw a fair amount of wisp and a fair amount of umbras. There were other frames I've seen work in the murex raids that I have not mentioned, but I'm fairly certain they weren't particularly notable as they were played for either survivability such as revenant, grendel or inaros or they were being played for basic damage such as mirage or ash or ember. I think the only frame I didn't ever see ever was harrow, which I assume is probably because sentients (especially symbilists, the shield ones) have really janky head hitboxes to capitalize off of.

Edited by Obviousclone
  • Like 2

Can't I be jaded and having fun and getting rewards?

I haven't been this motivated to tryhard in Warframe for months, probably. And for what..? Personal satisfaction. Why not.

I'm going to roll out of this event with a >100 Spacer Tier 3 emblem on my shoulder and enough Stance Forma blueprints to superglue the world's most pointless jigsaw pieces onto every melee in the game, just to say I could.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

Can't I be jaded and having fun and getting rewards?

I haven't been this motivated to tryhard in Warframe for months, probably. And for what..? Personal satisfaction. Why not.

I'm going to roll out of this event with a >100 Spacer Tier 3 emblem on my shoulder and enough Stance Forma blueprints to superglue the world's most pointless jigsaw pieces onto every melee in the game, just to say I could.

I don't think you're jaded.

finished all my arcanes earlier than expected, got the both weapon leveled and modded out, got each tier badge for condrix and murex and got everything thing else.

Not a bad event but kinda sad no clan trophy was hoping they do something like plague star where you just get material to build one, 5 gold trophy just neednone more for symmetry. 

But guess i'll go back my usual WF schedule and help clan mates and friends with the event whenever.

• Like 1

I think i could enjoy the event way more if i would be around MR 12-14 compared to MR28. I had already all arcanes on  R5 only did it for the blueprints. God it was so boring ...  i mean it was way better then thermia stuff, but for a maxxed player with maxxed player friends, this is not content u ll sweat. Why cant there be an event where even maxxed out player can be in trouble. On the other side. warframe itself is the problem and the solution.  Because for every hard content we get there are already couple frames who can solve that with no issue.  There was one run i really enjoyed. I there were coupl  MR12-15 and me MR 28, i really had go to all in and sweat like  crazy to keeps things running, it was my most fun run 

• Like 1

Im enjoying it. I worked my backside off to build Grendel and purposely soloed his missions. Unlocking him is a real sense of achievement, especially as before last week I hadnt tried arbitrations as there were a couple of star chart nodes I hadnt bothered with lol. 

So today I get my new frame to play with and the two event weapons to muck about with, so yes its exciting. 

As for arcanes, I havent got any levelled previously, so I might pick a couple of good ones and leave it at that for the event. Probably Guardian and Energise, maybe Aegis or a primary damage one like arachnid.

Been messing with non- meta builds and swapping frequently to keep the event interesting. Im surprised what non-meta frames can still do against level 200 enemies and its refreshing not to think, ok - how can I cheese this?

• Like 2