Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it okay to sell Excalibur if I have Excalibur Umbra?

kermerk

Question

17 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, kermerk said:

I have Excalibur and I've maxed him out, and I'm about to get Umbra, but I have no open slots, because I don't have enough platinum. Would Umbra make a maxed Excalibur useless?

Umbra is better than Excal in every way.

You may keep Excal if you dont like Umbra's sentience, but usually Excal is worthless after Umbra.

I usually sell warframes if i get the prime version of them. (umbra is not really prime but he kinda is)

11 minutes ago, kermerk said:

I have Excalibur and I've maxed him out, and I'm about to get Umbra, but I have no open slots, because I don't have enough platinum. Would Umbra make a maxed Excalibur useless?

I would say that is up to you. Some people want to collect every frame, but generally when I get the Prime of a Warframe I sell the non prime version. Obviously we will never be able to get the Prime, but in this case, Umbra is better than Normal Excal in basically every way. As others have said, maybe if you don't like the sentience of Umbra, or if you want to keep it because you want to collect them all, then that's up to you. If you feel like you would never use him after you got umbra, then yeah sell him.

The only downside to having Excal Umbra instead of regular excal, is an audio bug. (If you use radial blind and Immediately do a finisher on an enemy, Excal will scream like 3-4 times in a row on loop.) Otherwise, Umbra is just better.

Edited by kapn655321

vor 28 Minuten schrieb kermerk:

From Reddit: "Excalibur Umbra doesn't take up a slot. He's considered a quest item, so you can't get rid of him, but he doesn't take up space."

You can use the regular excall for a few things, like cosmetic experiments, as a statue on the liset and even as an alternative to umbra.

You see, umbra is not really an upgrade, certain stats differ but none of them make a true difference, there is however something that can tip the flow of combat and that is operator mode.

Umbra is a specter or a simple AI when you enter operator mode, so if things are kept simple (like the difficulty), umbra can help you kill more and be more efficient, because you kill using 2 things, not just 1.
When the difficulty raises more, you might prefer the regular excall, as he will be a tank when standing still, you also have to realize that only you can make proper choices, like crates to destroy and which enemies need to be taken out, if you leave this to umbra, it will fail horribly and take serious damage, meaning entering operator mode can be a death setence if you don't take the proper measures, such as not entering a level where umbra can be seriously damaged. I know there are ways to heal him, but a mistake like entering operator mode can end up as a delayed death.

2 hours ago, Marine027 said:

From Reddit: "Excalibur Umbra doesn't take up a slot. He's considered a quest item, so you can't get rid of him, but he doesn't take up space."

Oh seriously? Nice, I'll have to check once I acquire him.

4 hours ago, Savire510 said:

usually Excal is worthless after Umbra.

Why do Warframe players love to say stuff like this? Item x is "worthless," "garbage," "dogsht," Usually, it's merely not the best.

In this case, @kermerk. I would keep Excalibur. Especially if you've invested forma. I wouldn't say that for a prime, but Excal Umbra isn't a prime. He's a slightly different frame. Someday, DE may rework Excel and you'll be glad you have him.

Edited by FadeToNull

1 hour ago, FadeToNull said:

Why do Warframe players love to say stuff like this? Item x is "worthless," "garbage," "dogsht," Usually, it's merely not the best.

Umbra is basically the same as Excalibur, but better in every way. More armor, more energy, infinietly better polarities, improved 2nd skill. When you have BOTH Excal and Umbra there is no real reason to go back to Excal. Why? What for? To be weaker?  Im not saying that Excal himself is worthless, im saying that when you have umbra in your inventory Excal becomes subpar. Like an old Terminator meeting a new version.

1 hour ago, FadeToNull said:

Someday, DE may rework Excel and you'll be glad you have him.

If Excal gets reworked then he takes Excal Prime and Excal Umbra with him which just ends up with the same result. (but i doubt DE will touch Excal anymore, he is in a perfect place)

It is totaly up to you.
I personaly haven't sold any of my frames. Even if I have primed version.
I mean the game is called warframe and we get to choose out of so many frames.
Each frame I've played. Some I invested forma in.
I also like to have a nice full list of frames.

Then again. If I have the primed version I don't use the normal version. At all!.
And normal excal isn't that hard to farm. Wich is the case with most (not all) frames.
Also selling normal frames free's up slots for other frames.

So good reasons for both choices.
Sorry I couldn't make it easier for you.

1 hour ago, Savire510 said:

If Excal gets reworked then he takes Excal Prime and Excal Umbra with him which just ends up with the same result

Ah, so you work for DE then. Are you sure you they're cool with you releasing internal planning info casually on a public forum?

When you have BOTH Excal and Umbra there is no real reason to go back to Excal

Other than not wanting your warframe to act independantly, out of your direct control, when in operator mode.

36 minutes ago, FadeToNull said:

Ah, so you work for DE then. Are you sure you they're cool with you releasing internal planning info casually on a public forum?

If DE reworks Excal but leaves Umbra as is you can quote me and i will return and even apologize but that will literally never happen

36 minutes ago, FadeToNull said:

Other than not wanting your warframe to act independantly, out of your direct control, when in operator mode.

Which is still a bad trade considering you lose stats and a full set of Umbral mods

Edited by Savire510

3 hours ago, Savire510 said:

Which is still a bad trade considering you lose stats and a full set of Umbral mods

Well maybe you're right. I never use Excal anymore, but I have to admit if I did I'd go with Umbra.

Personally, I still have both, but I tend to save things.

vor 11 Stunden schrieb Savire510:

If DE reworks Excal but leaves Umbra as is you can quote me and i will return and even apologize but that will literally never happen

Sometimes its annoying that when you have EB on and then switch to the operator and then back that EB is deactivated.

Normal excal has two qualities that umbra doesn't - he sits still for that lua challenge with the beams and the blade doesn't deactivate when you use your op.

13 hours ago, Savire510 said:

there is no real reason to go back to Excal. Why? What for? To be weaker? 

"So you want to use your exalted blade and your operator at the same time? Haha f you" 😄

Edited by vegetosayajin