Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inaros Naib Live

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2020-04-30 at 6:11 PM, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Hmm it looks ok. Where you using starwars sand people as inspiration?

Personally i like the skins themed around egyption gods for inaros.

Fits the origin theme for this frame, a “Bedouin” (sp?) feel, so I like it as an alternative, utilitarian look...not a bad counter/deconstruction to the flamboyant, Egyptian “StargateSG-1” influence.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

As much as I want a new Inaros skin, this isn't the one I'd want.  The best skins either provide a bold new direction, like the Graxx skins, or provide a more streamlined take on the existing art.  This does neither.  It keeps everything bad about the base model- the awkward neck, the clumsy jointing, the ugly hooks and handles- and tosses in a lot of unpleasant asymmetrical piping.  

IMHO, (and that's all it is, my opinion) a new skin should serve a purpose.  Normally, that purpose is "to make me think I look cooler/tougher/hightech/whatever.  With this, all I'm thinking is "Someone took the worst parts of Volt's Proto armor, glued it to the stock Inaros armor, and crammed on a rejected prototype of Baruuk's Graxx helmet."

Suggestions:
- Fix the neck so that it's less awkward.  Either beef it up or shorten it, preferably both.
- Lose the Pantaloons. 
- Lose the asymmetrical chest tubes.  They just clutter the design.
- Streamline the shoulders.
- Lose the open-toed shoes. 
- Lose the Crotch-Hook.
- Lose the Dog-Nipples.
- Refine the forearms/hands.
- The face-wrap is the best part of the design, consider expanding the concept, ala Baruuk's skirt.

Edited by Homicider

2 hours ago, Homicider said:

As much as I want a new Inaros skin, this isn't the one I'd want.  The best skins either provide a bold new direction, like the Graxx skins, or provide a more streamlined take on the existing art.  This does neither.  It keeps everything bad about the base model- the awkward neck, the clumsy jointing, the ugly hooks and handles- and tosses in a lot of unpleasant asymmetrical piping. 

That's because TennoGen skins have to leave the body model completely unchanged in order to be accepted, even it's very small. And before you say it, no, Deluxe skins are not made through TennoGen and so do not have the same restrictions.

3 hours ago, Homicider said:

IMHO, (and that's all it is, my opinion) a new skin should serve a purpose. 

This skin definitely serves a purpose of turning giving Inaros a Grineer aesthetic. Maybe that's not enough for you, but to each their own I guess.

3 hours ago, Homicider said:

Suggestions:
- Fix the neck so that it's less awkward.  Either beef it up or shorten it, preferably both.
- Lose the Pantaloons. 
- Lose the asymmetrical chest tubes.  They just clutter the design.
- Streamline the shoulders.
- Lose the open-toed shoes. 
- Lose the Crotch-Hook.
- Lose the Dog-Nipples.
- Refine the forearms/hands.

- The face-wrap is the best part of the design, consider expanding the concept, ala Baruuk's skirt.

As stated before, everything underlined cannot be done. Unless the "streamline the shoulders" part refers to their textures.