Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Google Stadia: Bring Current Gen Warframe and the Next Gen Warframe to Google Stadia

(PSN)rmellison

• 3 weeks later...

The only wrong desicion DE could make is not to add Warframe to Stadia. 

The player base is gigantic. Quality of gaming is Tier AA if not AAA (for Tier S stadia should fix some chrome based issues) 

There are 2 reasons people quit warframe:

It becomes boring or the hardware requirements are too tough. 

And for those who want to open their mouth cuz of the sysreqs: I quitted bcs of the S#&$ty performance. 

Many Stadia Destiny 2 players were warframe players. 

I was against stadia. Now I am playing on it and I am flashed. Soo... 

Am 12.5.2020 um 05:12 schrieb (NSW)JJA209:

People play on google stadia?

Yes. Ofc. 

Am 12.5.2020 um 05:17 schrieb (PS4)Kakurine2:

I don't believe it.  Is the system even still up? Seemed dead at launch.

It's still up and it's booming

1 hour ago, MystikNeko said:

The player base is gigantic.

Many Stadia Destiny 2 players were warframe players.

It's still up and it's booming

[Citation Needed]

• Like 2

While Google Stadia may (eventually?) increase in usage to the point it is worth the time for DE to address...currently it seems that Stadia is still an experiment for Google. And DE has enough on its plate to get right with PC and the consoles that are supported. Would rather see DE focus on getting the game stable, fix bugs, and release meaningful content instead of the buggy content we have seen lately.

On 2020-05-15 at 5:57 PM, GreyDeath789 said:

Given Google's track record of killing off projects...using anything from Google where you pay for it is a risk not worth taking for some people. Other companies "kill" products but it sure seems like Google does it at a pace that is higher than others...maybe because they introduce more...regardless...not worth the risk.

When this Google Stadia doesn't work out as Google hopes...it will be killed off...leaving people with hardware that is unusable. Google Play and Chromebook Pixel are two examples of hardware.

Link to list of killed projects by Google

YMMV and Google may keep this experiment for 11 years like AngularJS...but eventually...who knows.

Also, the articles in last 2019 painted a "working out the bugs" image and articles in 2020 so far say it is improving but the game list (while growing) isn't as large as others.

Link to article listing games on (or coming to) Stadia as of 15 May 2020

Link to review of Stadia dated 22 Apr 2020

Link to review of Stadia from 26 Nov 2019

Link to review of Stadia 29 Apr 2020

Above was originally posted in the linked thread below.

3 hours ago, MystikNeko said:

There are 2 reasons people quit warframe:

It becomes boring or the hardware requirements are too tough. 

I don't know about hardware requirements - was that years ago? 
I can run Warframe on two 2017-era Ultrabook laptops with nVidia budget GPUs. 
I recently upgraded to an old Alienware 17" beast

All of them are 2017-era but can run Warframe no problems with everything on high plus AA and special effects.
Today's budget gaming laptops with 1650s or 2050 GPUs are going to ace the game and they can be had for like 1000 USD or way less pre-owned.

...I actually kind of laughed at the whole "Warframe has high hardware requirements" thing, did people just forget the lovable toaster known as the Nintendo Switch has Warframe running on it? Surprisingly well to boot.

Am 6.6.2020 um 13:21 schrieb Aldain:

...I actually kind of laughed at the whole "Warframe has high hardware requirements" thing, did people just forget the lovable toaster known as the Nintendo Switch has Warframe running on it? Surprisingly well to boot.

I have a 2016 PC and I can't play on PoE, OV or even Railjack. Soo... Yes it needs power. More than destiny imo

Am 6.6.2020 um 11:15 schrieb Corvid:

[Citation Needed]

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.androidheadlines.com/2019/12/stadia-by-the-numbers-destiny-22.html/amp

What's the number of Destiny 2 players on Stadia?

As of right now, there are 11.6 thousand players overall on Stadia. Charlemagne further breaks down how many of those players are engaging with which activities that are offered.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.androidheadlines.com/2019/12/stadia-by-the-numbers-destiny-22.html/amp

What's the number of Destiny 2 players on Stadia?

As of right now, there are 11.6 thousand players overall on Stadia. Charlemagne further breaks down how many of those players are engaging with which activities that are offered.

That's a drop in the bucket, not exactly booming.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...