Pablo acknowledges why better AI alone will not be enough for good difficulty in WF: We need to be nerfed first

3 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

That's actually coming. +50 to base enemy level in hard mode and +100 in ultra hard mode according to DE. 

At least is something. A cheap shot but something to have fun with. 

11 hours ago, Felsagger said:

At least is something. A cheap shot but something to have fun with. 

Honestly,

If DE wants to make hard modes successful, they would make those mods the most efficient method of farming. (Having resources drop in larger amounts from the enemy that kills them, higher/better mod drop rates, and so on.

Warframe is so casual now because you are punished for doing harder content. Why would you fight level 140 enemies? You can kill low level enemies faster, get resources from them faster.

Elite Sanctuary Onslaught is about the highest level content people do, and that's just for the fast exp farms. You don't get any resources from that, other then the round rewards from Simaris.

I find myself low on only a single resource. So most of the game I just go around forma-ing new weapons, making it uber powerful. Getting bored, finding something else to max. Then people complain that my 8 forma-ed weapons, are overpowered compared to their 0 forma-ed weapons.

Having hard content that actually rewards players, especially with things everyone needs like great amounts of endo, rewards and such would pull people away from level 30 content. The uber powerful weapons and gear people have would actually serve a purpose now, rather then making a mission 30% faster.

On 2020-06-05 at 5:16 PM, wtrmlnjuc said:

I still think better AI should be implemented because no matter the difficulty, less jank and more interesting AI in turn makes the gameplay far more interesting, and thus the game gets better.

That's one of the things that I'm asking. Better A.I. gives newer results despite the capacity of the frames. The engagement becomes far better interesting instead of being a brain dead frame camping and spamming abilities. At least the enemy does something against the player. Adding new A.I. behavior the player feels immersible instead of walking all day and night on Sesame street. 

Factions can become more distinct, fighting gets more depth, builds become more meaningful, and the atmosphere becomes more immersive.

Exactly. Enemies with two or three weapons. Enemies with particular load outs and the ability to switch weapons. Enemies with grenades, sticky grenades, smoke bombs, smoke electric diffuse clouds, grav attractors and so on. Their equipment needs modernization.  

As they are right now, the AI fights the same way with only weapon, sound, and armour changes. And that A"I" includes a lot of flickering enemies, no use of ladders, getting stuck on walls, impossibly high jumps for some units, etc. It needs to be better polished no matter the difficulty, at least to a level rivaling Destiny 2's.

True the enemy is not fully aware of the level features. They simply cull themselves through their line paths programmed in every level. 

If Warframe enemies were flavours of ice cream, I'd rather have several interesting flavours over the few different-sprinkles-on-vanilla we have right now.

Precisely. I agree completely with what you are thinking. At least the game gets more depth and places becomes more distinguishable.  

I believe enemy difficulty or engagement can be achieved by allowing enemy spawns or waves depending on mission type have a chance of spawning a group of enemies that share and spread within a range damage resistance. Not invulnerability but resistance. If there is an elite solider on the field he (depending on mission level) can be as tough as a level 5 lich spreading his random resistance buff to surrounding enemies. You can choose to take down the elite mob first or weaken him by first addressing his adds that allow him to be beefy. As they are taken out he reduced slightly in toughness.

Archived