The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Birds?

Please can we have a pet falcon or raven, something like that? The closest we have is a dragonesque skin for the Carrier, at the moment. I think it could be cool if such a pet let us switch to a bird's eye view of the battlefield sometimes, or assisted aim for long distance damage multiplier. Maybe grab us by the scruff of our necks to lift us up a cliff face/assisted parkour? Do the same to the enemy against their will, too, perhaps?

Just spitballin' 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, (XB1)Primus Patronum said:

falcon or raven,

Would love a falcon. I'd name him David. But alas probably out of DEs dated engine capabilities.  I mean they can't even get dogs right, even the dog fur is bad sega genesis fur and you want DE to do feathers? DE doesn't have the patience we will probably never get bird pets. Took them 6 years for the birds we have now. 913df8835ed592bb088bc7186a6f0502.jpg

latest?cb=20150426234438

Sigh...

Edited by (XB1)YoungGunn82
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, (XB1)Primus Patronum said:

Just spitballin' 

I would love this, as a massive fan of Borderlands who played Mordecai more than any other character, and gladly put a bullet in Handsome Jack's head to avenge Bloodwing, this would be my main pet, without a doubt. 

the truth is that we need an AI rework for pets before we get any more though, but once pets become viable, I would absolutely be down for this. I would of course name it Bloodwing and start using Snipers more often (others will too, I'm sure, but I'm a solo player mostly.)

• Like 3

I want a cyborg war rooster with a couple cyborg war hens that follow him around. They'll all have sharp claws capable of inflicting Slash, they can revive each other (like the Syndicate operatives), and the war hens can lay Healing/Energy Orbs.

1 hour ago, (XB1)C11H22O11 said:

A Warframe with a bird (Falconer)was one of the top 10 in the community Warframe thing.

Personally broken Warframe was the more interesting one, but if they ever want to take this concept then sure make a birb wielder

I can't help but feel that would be a bit of a rework of the current Sentenals we already have.  It may be that DE thought the same vs. something new code/pathing wise.

Probably couldn't be a thing anyway until we have a way to give kavats and kubros commands like we can with Venari.

Then we'll have to go to plains to constantly scan condrocs.  Going to be about as easy as Kavats DNA.  Still annoyed scanning plain kavats won't work for DNA.

On 2020-06-04 at 10:20 PM, (PS4)LeBlingKing said:

A Warframe inspired by one of the ten finalists of the Community-Created Warframe project.

A master of falconry from Cetus, suggested by @(XB1)DerpasaurasRex0, and chosen by DE themselves.

This is Lagois, the falconer, the ranger. And his companion, Xerxes, the Exalted Falkra, the Void's homage to a Cetus fauna once thought extinct.

sketch1590935159080.png

(Art by the talented @(XB1)EternalDrk Mako, OG Umbra Ambassador and trusted friend, go check out his stuff)

Master of the hunt, Lagois enlists his trusty Falkra companion, Xerxes, to do his bidding. Through several commands and hand motions, he can easily sway his avian assistant to soar into the skies, scout out enemies, dive bomb his foes to deal massive damage, and even perform shrieks of fury to either strike terror in the hearts of his opposition, or bolster the hearts of his allies. All of Lagois' emotions-- his anger, his confidence, and his desire for the hunt --are channeled through his bird of prey. One by one, their enemies become easy pickings, torn to shreds by bullets, blades, and bronze talons. Look up, Tenno.

Attributes (Rank 30)

100/100 (300/300)

200 armor

1.15 sprint speed

275 energy 

Polarities: Madurai PolMadurai Pol

Aura Polarity: Vazarin Pol

Exilus Polarity: Vazarin Pol

Companion Attributes: Xerxes

Because Xerxes is a bird-type companion, a type of which doesn't have its own general mods, he will only be able to utilize base mods labeled "BEAST" and "COMPANION".

He'll provide 6,000 Affinity, and be automatically available for customization once Lagois is acquired.

He'll be perched on Lagois' shoulder most of the time, idling on his falconry glove during idle animations, and will fly alongside Lagois while he's in motion, not unlike current Sentinels.

400 (1200)

300 armor

500 Slash

25% Critical Chance / 2.5x Crit Multiplier

15% Status Chance

Polarities: Penjaga PolPenjaga PolVazarin PolMadurai Pol

Passive: Bird's Eye View - Deals +200% damage while airborne, with +15 meters of Loot and Enemy Radar while Xerxes is alive

LagoisAbilities.png

(Gear = affected by Power Efficiency, Bicep = affected by Power Strength, Clock = affected by Power Duration, Radar = affected by Power Range)

Something like this? 😄  

• Like 2