Kuva Bramma Changes: Explanation and Timeline.

6 hours ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

Vigilante Armaments adds a +41 Multishot or something and as Set mods can boost each other.. Then you have actual rare mods plus Rivens  also adding to Multishot; this is why I suggested Vigilante Supplies in place of Arrow Mutation

Set mods do not boost each other, the only exceptions are sacrificial and umbral mod sets. Set mods have a unique effect that is boosted by how many set mods are equiped and for vigilante mod set that unique effect is a chance to increase critical tier.

• Like 2

That's right. Boosting the other set mods is the set effect of the Sacrificial and Umbra mode sets.

That said, the bow is still very powerful. It requires either Carrier or Vigilante Supplies to be functional, but you can put Supplies on the exilus slot and you have not much an issue. It is annoying a bit sometimes when its ammo stock is depleted but in the most times you can keep shooting it for the dropped ammunition is converted to the arrow. I don't think that why it is even a nerf - I can keep shooting just below of me often and I have not much a problem for this.

I recently got it. Initial impressions were rather meh. The slap in the face with the magazine was wtf moment. I didn't look what was nerfed but it just felt meh (vs lvl 20-30 ish the aoe area seems very small). Later I put catalyst and opened exilus slot - as I found out arrow mutation or vigilante supplies were pretty much a must if you want to use a very popular and still considered one of the best primaries weapons in the game.

I am still unimpressed and on the fence if I want to forma (don't have that much). In general I am left with the feeling it was great on theory and visuals, but on practice it feels, meh (so far). A bit wider AoE area wouldn't hurt and at least 10 magazines man :D.

Edited by (PSN)f_r_e_e_b_i_e_bg
18 hours ago, (PSN)f_r_e_e_b_i_e_bg said:

I recently got it. Initial impressions were rather meh. The slap in the face with the magazine was wtf moment. I didn't look what was nerfed but it just felt meh (vs lvl 20-30 ish the aoe area seems very small). Later I put catalyst and opened exilus slot - as I found out arrow mutation or vigilante supplies were pretty much a must if you want to use a very popular and still considered one of the best primaries weapons in the game.

I am still unimpressed and on the fence if I want to forma (don't have that much). In general I am left with the feeling it was great on theory and visuals, but on practice it feels, meh (so far). A bit wider AoE area wouldn't hurt and at least 10 magazines man :D.

If I remember correctly, the 'nerf' include the INCREASED area of effect of the weapon. So it actually attacks wider area for now.

- It has a smaller reserve ammo (15 to 5), and gains fewer arrows from ammo pickups - This is to encourage players to aim the bow deliberately at crowds of enemies and not fire it wildly everywhere
- Fewer cluster bombs are produced on impact (from 7 to 3) - Reduces the overwhelming AOE potential somewhat but also makes the Bramma less visually busy. Players have said that the many many explosions produced by Bramma are hard to see through.
- Increased cluster projectile radial attack size from 2.7m to 3.5m
- Reduced cluster projectile fall off from 100% to 50% - Fewer explosive fragments, but they cover more area and generally do more damage

Hm, ok but you missed this part here as well "Reduces the overwhelming AOE potential somewhat"? More clusters bombs bigger area, less with bigger radial attack doesn't mean bigger overall. You can calc it, it aint complicated.

I see the intention, it just feels like the fantasy was suppouse to be bigger "area". Thats what my initial experiences was. I swear now it seems so short I barely notice it, almost pathetic. Isn't the shtick of the Bramma - bow with big aoe?

Well, DE got wat they wanted out of it and then castrated it deliberately.

Only someone who doesn't play the game wouldn't realize that the original bramma was a powerhouse.

As it is it was one the main reason / carrot to deal with Kuva liches and the stick that is that borked system.

After players bit in the system and spent tons of platinum on rivens for it and forma to completely unlock it DE nerfed it... as usual

I can feel the salt :(, sorry for your loss. I probably would've kept the AoE potential and nerfed the damage. Now I legit felt the Ogris (my first Kuva weapon) was more awesome and widesrpead :) (pls no nerf :P) than the famous Bramma.

Yes I am implying disappointment that's all.