Jump to content

Kuva Bramma Changes: Explanation and Timeline.


Recommended Posts

That's right. Boosting the other set mods is the set effect of the Sacrificial and Umbra mode sets.

That said, the bow is still very powerful. It requires either Carrier or Vigilante Supplies to be functional, but you can put Supplies on the exilus slot and you have not much an issue. It is annoying a bit sometimes when its ammo stock is depleted but in the most times you can keep shooting it for the dropped ammunition is converted to the arrow. I don't think that why it is even a nerf - I can keep shooting just below of me often and I have not much a problem for this.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I recently got it. Initial impressions were rather meh. The slap in the face with the magazine was wtf moment. I didn't look what was nerfed but it just felt meh (vs lvl 20-30 ish the aoe area seems very small). Later I put catalyst and opened exilus slot - as I found out arrow mutation or vigilante supplies were pretty much a must if you want to use a very popular and still considered one of the best primaries weapons in the game.

I am still unimpressed and on the fence if I want to forma (don't have that much). In general I am left with the feeling it was great on theory and visuals, but on practice it feels, meh (so far). A bit wider AoE area wouldn't hurt and at least 10 magazines man :D.

Edited by (PSN)f_r_e_e_b_i_e_bg
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, (PSN)f_r_e_e_b_i_e_bg said:

I recently got it. Initial impressions were rather meh. The slap in the face with the magazine was wtf moment. I didn't look what was nerfed but it just felt meh (vs lvl 20-30 ish the aoe area seems very small). Later I put catalyst and opened exilus slot - as I found out arrow mutation or vigilante supplies were pretty much a must if you want to use a very popular and still considered one of the best primaries weapons in the game.

I am still unimpressed and on the fence if I want to forma (don't have that much). In general I am left with the feeling it was great on theory and visuals, but on practice it feels, meh (so far). A bit wider AoE area wouldn't hurt and at least 10 magazines man :D.

If I remember correctly, the 'nerf' include the INCREASED area of effect of the weapon. So it actually attacks wider area for now.

 

Quote

- It has a smaller reserve ammo (15 to 5), and gains fewer arrows from ammo pickups - This is to encourage players to aim the bow deliberately at crowds of enemies and not fire it wildly everywhere
- Fewer cluster bombs are produced on impact (from 7 to 3) - Reduces the overwhelming AOE potential somewhat but also makes the Bramma less visually busy. Players have said that the many many explosions produced by Bramma are hard to see through.
- Increased cluster projectile radial attack size from 2.7m to 3.5m
- Reduced cluster projectile fall off from 100% to 50% - Fewer explosive fragments, but they cover more area and generally do more damage

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hm, ok but you missed this part here as well "Reduces the overwhelming AOE potential somewhat"? More clusters bombs bigger area, less with bigger radial attack doesn't mean bigger overall. You can calc it, it aint complicated.

I see the intention, it just feels like the fantasy was suppouse to be bigger "area". Thats what my initial experiences was. I swear now it seems so short I barely notice it, almost pathetic. Isn't the shtick of the Bramma - bow with big aoe?

Edited by (PSN)f_r_e_e_b_i_e_bg
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, DE got wat they wanted out of it and then castrated it deliberately.

Only someone who doesn't play the game wouldn't realize that the original bramma was a powerhouse.

As it is it was one the main reason / carrot to deal with Kuva liches and the stick that is that borked system.

After players bit in the system and spent tons of platinum on rivens for it and forma to completely unlock it DE nerfed it... as usual

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I can feel the salt :(, sorry for your loss. I probably would've kept the AoE potential and nerfed the damage. Now I legit felt the Ogris (my first Kuva weapon) was more awesome and widesrpead :) (pls no nerf :P) than the famous Bramma.

 

Yes I am implying disappointment that's all.

Edited by (PSN)f_r_e_e_b_i_e_bg
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

with Tempestrii and Corpus Liches coming, the next Bramma is on the way as in an amazing weapon everyone likes, is essential for progress and thus 2-3 months from release will be killed until DE wake up and start addressing their less-popular creations and look at spicing them up instead of repeating this almost company mission statement- Create ludicrous items as fodder around one truly outstanding weapon that later, when it is clear go-to choice; nerf the hell out of it and claim "for balance"

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

with Tempestrii and Corpus Liches coming, the next Bramma is on the way as in an amazing weapon everyone likes, is essential for progress and thus 2-3 months from release will be killed until DE wake up and start addressing their less-popular creations and look at spicing them up instead of repeating this almost company mission statement- Create ludicrous items as fodder around one truly outstanding weapon that later, when it is clear go-to choice; nerf the hell out of it and claim "for balance"

When was bramma ever essential to progress? When has any lich weapon been essential to progress?

Currently all weapons that DE have nerfed recently are still massive powerhouse weapons. And as to the part.

5 hours ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

Create ludicrous items as fodder around one truly outstanding weapon that later, when it is clear go-to choice; nerf the hell out of it and claim "for balance"

That doesnt really apply to Kuva weapons, since pretty much all of them are strong choices, with very few exceptions. Bramma was just far beyond the rest for no real reason. Even all the OG kitguns were good, Catchmoon was just far ahead of the rest, they are all still good weapons.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

When was bramma ever essential to progress? When has any lich weapon been essential to progress?

Currently all weapons that DE have nerfed recently are still massive powerhouse weapons. And as to the part.

That doesnt really apply to Kuva weapons, since pretty much all of them are strong choices, with very few exceptions. Bramma was just far beyond the rest for no real reason. Even all the OG kitguns were good, Catchmoon was just far ahead of the rest, they are all still good weapons.

So what Kuva weapons were "brought in line" to make them all as viable as you claim? Which ones? Bramma being heavily-punished was due to it's over-popularity. Well when every player could be carried through a Lich and it had essentially 0 MR requirement as, like a Prime Access/ Market purchase it skipped the requirement- MR5s not even completed the Star Chart were blitzing through content with ease with this 2h nuke... unsurprisingly it saw much larger popularity as majority are "get sh*t done yesterday, move on" the Bramma is a crowd clearer. 

DE then try to make other Kuva Primary Weapons (note Primary as the Kuva Nukor is still highly-prized as a sidearm) seem competitive by smashing the Bramma. Yes we knew it was being nerfed, what a lot in this thread disputed was the nerf that dropped. The Ayanga is a popular choice for Necramechs and Archwings depending on mission.

Catchmoon was nerfed same reasons before it, Bramma got her nerf... history repeating means the next Catchmoon/Bramma pre-nerf is coming just be funny to find out which it will be though Opticor Vandal has been a fave so we'll see.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

So what Kuva weapons were "brought in line" to make them all as viable as you claim? Which ones? Bramma being heavily-punished was due to it's over-popularity. Well when every player could be carried through a Lich and it had essentially 0 MR requirement as, like a Prime Access/ Market purchase it skipped the requirement- MR5s not even completed the Star Chart were blitzing through content with ease with this 2h nuke... unsurprisingly it saw much larger popularity as majority are "get sh*t done yesterday, move on" the Bramma is a crowd clearer. 

DE then try to make other Kuva Primary Weapons (note Primary as the Kuva Nukor is still highly-prized as a sidearm) seem competitive by smashing the Bramma. Yes we knew it was being nerfed, what a lot in this thread disputed was the nerf that dropped. The Ayanga is a popular choice for Necramechs and Archwings depending on mission.

Catchmoon was nerfed same reasons before it, Bramma got her nerf... history repeating means the next Catchmoon/Bramma pre-nerf is coming just be funny to find out which it will be though Opticor Vandal has been a fave so we'll see.

All kuva weapons were already inline, Bramma was simply out of line due to the time of the game it was released, which was at the bridge between self damage and stagger for explosive weapons. Bramma was also a late arrival in the lich system, released not until update 27.1, while most of the rest were released in update 26. It was obvious it was going to get changed due to the changes from self damage to stagger, since the weapon was balanced around blowing yourself up. Barely no one used the Bramma until the self damage to stagger changes went live, which happened a month after Bramma's release. Then 3 months later it recieved the balance changes to it, which still keeps it as one of the strongest AoE weapons in the game. It just isnt the best AoE and single target ranged weapon in the game anymore.

You talk as if weapons like CM and Bramma are useless or even weak after the changes. I cant do much more than chuckle at that. It is fine if they nerf the outliers since those weapons still stay strong as options. If you think Bramma and CM are weak now, maybe you should reconsider your builds a bit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

All kuva weapons were already inline, Bramma was simply out of line due to the time of the game it was released, which was at the bridge between self damage and stagger for explosive weapons. Bramma was also a late arrival in the lich system, released not until update 27.1, while most of the rest were released in update 26. It was obvious it was going to get changed due to the changes from self damage to stagger, since the weapon was balanced around blowing yourself up. Barely no one used the Bramma until the self damage to stagger changes went live, which happened a month after Bramma's release. Then 3 months later it recieved the balance changes to it, which still keeps it as one of the strongest AoE weapons in the game. It just isnt the best AoE and single target ranged weapon in the game anymore.

You talk as if weapons like CM and Bramma are useless or even weak after the changes. I cant do much more than chuckle at that. It is fine if they nerf the outliers since those weapons still stay strong as options. If you think Bramma and CM are weak now, maybe you should reconsider your builds a bit.

Never said they were weak.. just Corpus Liches bring Corpus Lich Weapons. DE bring weapons many call MR fodder -because reasons-, leaving one usually fave go-to. That is mysteriously used more so DE "Balance" it.. hence me saying the "next Bramma"

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

Never said they were weak.. just Corpus Liches bring Corpus Lich Weapons. DE bring weapons many call MR fodder -because reasons-, leaving one usually fave go-to. That is mysteriously used more so DE "Balance" it.. hence me saying the "next Bramma"

Well that is obvious, but it wouldnt be an issue unless the "MR fodders" were actually weak and the nerfed gun wasnt particularly strong to begin with. That has never been the case with lich weapons, since they are pretty much all really strong, with Bramma being absurdly strong.

And you kinda said they were weak when you claimed Bramma was essential to progression. Not to mention that you also said that the others should be spiced up. 

Even if we do get a "next Bramma" it wont do much, since that means a single weapon out of every 15 is overtuned and needs a nerf, while the majority of the rest are already strong. And Bramma was a pretty unique case, since it was released in its initial state for an exsisting system and wasnt changed in preperation for the new. As I said, barely anyone used Bramma before the removal of the self damage system, so it was balanced on release thanks to that system. Then when there was no longer any risk or special frame required to utilize it to the fullest everyone flocked to it since it still possessed the same damage output.

So a "next Bramma" is honestly far far far down the line, unless they do a wide system change that effects a single Corpus Lich weapon a few months after release.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

Anyway, the point is, the 'nerf' did when the thread is posted is not really a nerf enough to make it normailze. It is still very, very powerful weapon and quite easy to use.

Although not being automatic trigger and somewhat weaker damage is not enough to kill the distant high level enemy by only one blow, but it is still very powerful.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...