Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Granum Void Reward (and the future of this gameplay)

Messkoo

The Granum Void mission introduced are a funny optional gameplay and I appreciate it, but something is worrying me, there is only weapon  and Protea parts for principal rewards. So when we will have dropped all what we wanted (if not already done) there will be no real reason to do Granum Void any more.

I think there must be some other things in rotation reward ( more void traces, relic but may be a bit too much, decorations, or some other things) and removing weapons parts (to not have to much things in drop table), they will become spectre drop.

• Like 5

The problem is the 11% drop chance for Protea parts is ridiculous, that the guns need parts -fulmin, akarius and acceltra were just BPs- with deludes the drop table. Credits and other rewards like scenes must be removed from drop tables - they are kinda worthless, and chance for parts should be a bit higger (maybe 15%).

• Like 2

just Traces added would be fine. NO RELICS! those bloody cabbages drop everywhere else already, but mroe ways to get Void Traces would certainly be welcome.

I'll probably run Granum Void whenever since it's just more stuff to kill, and the entire joy of playing warframe for me is in the combat. (and a little in fashion as well). there's always the chance it might suck though, guess I'll know when consoles get the update.

• Like 1

Yes void traces must be a good choice, it give some alternatives to  gain them. There is already endo so no need more, Kuva will be good but not really appropriate for corpus (I don't know how will work corpus liches)

9 hours ago, Messkoo said:

So when we will have dropped all what we wanted (if not already done) there will be no real reason to do Granum Void any more.

This isn't really a problem, in my opinion. The term "content island" is thrown around a lot by this fandom, and while it was certainly derogatory when directed at Railjack (a game mode 2+ years in the making, released in alpha stage) it's not so bad for G-void. You go in, you get some cool weapons and a Warframe, all of them based on a quest, and then you can just be done with it instead of piling it on a list of indefinite chores. The Crowns can be used for other things, further cementing the G-void as a cool minigame rather than a continuous obligation

• Like 2

10 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

just Traces added would be fine. NO RELICS! those bloody cabbages drop everywhere else already, but mroe ways to get Void Traces would certainly be welcome.

I'll probably run Granum Void whenever since it's just more stuff to kill, and the entire joy of playing warframe for me is in the combat. (and a little in fashion as well). there's always the chance it might suck though, guess I'll know when consoles get the update.

It does drop just traces...

4 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

This isn't really a problem, in my opinion. The term "content island" is thrown around a lot by this fandom, and while it was certainly derogatory when directed at Railjack (a game mode 2+ years in the making, released in alpha stage) it's not so bad for G-void. You go in, you get some cool weapons and a Warframe, all of them based on a quest, and then you can just be done with it instead of piling it on a list of indefinite chores. The Crowns can be used for other things, further cementing the G-void as a cool minigame rather than a continuous obligation

I agree with you. It's just an addition to the real game mode/mission we are doing beside that, with some extra rewards, weapons or Warframe parts, some cosmetics/decorations.
Quick 75 or 100 kills and exit, 3 possible rotations, 3 possible rewards based on performance. They can bump up traces reward a bit but even if, it still won't be the main source of traces( when u farm Prime Parts u get dozens, trust me) for the most of playerbase. 

Only thing I would add to Granum Void is lore, if I could increase my time to stay there longer to roam and scan for lore entries I definetely would. Besides, it's introduced as Void Prison of Parvos Granum ( thus the name, Granum Void) so there's no much sense to expanding this further with more rewards etc.

4 hours ago, darkhades2012 said:

Only thing I would add to Granum Void is lore, if I could increase my time to stay there longer to roam and scan for lore entries I definetely would. Besides, it's introduced as Void Prison of Parvos Granum ( thus the name, Granum Void) so there's no much sense to expanding this further with more rewards etc.

That lore is actually in the game, but on a different tile rather than inside a time limit minigame

I've done it several times solo with Mesa and so far there just aren't enough enemies spawning to get the top reward tier. I think I'll just save my coins until the inevitable hotfix that makes it stupid easy to get the kills. Plus the time to run from where you spawn in to where the enemies are can be too long, and sometimes the markers are way up in the air. 

Edited by 3rdpig

You're not really meant to go back to the GV (Granum Void) after you have collected all of Protea and the Weapon parts. The other rewards are just there so you get something if you don't hit the needed kills so you get compensated for your time. Granted you can if you want to, and that is the players option. The GV isn't a main line update its a mode created for one purpose of farming parts differently than we had before.

Ultimately this is what the trapped Solaris are for, you will be spending most of your coins on to get Rep instead of just letting the coins collect dust., or I would realistically just go in there for void traces if I didn't need rep. With that in mind just treat it as an extra room on the Corpus Ship tilesets that requires you to find a key on the level to enter. Nothing more.

Yes, but it's a bit sad to have create something you use just  the time you get the rewards then leave it  forever, it remind me too much archwing, RJ, .... Some people have create thread to talk about the redundancy of missions, and was asking to have some optional mechanics, and yet there is one, but we don't have interesting reasons to do it.

On 2020-06-13 at 7:33 AM, hellastrange said:

The problem is the 11% drop chance for Protea parts is ridiculous, that the guns need parts -fulmin, akarius and acceltra were just BPs- with deludes the drop table. Credits and other rewards like scenes must be removed from drop tables - they are kinda worthless

I sort of agree and sort of disagree. Protea's blueprints all drop from "rotation c" (getting three checks on a G-Void instance), and the only other Rotation C drops are parts for the new weapons. That Credits and Captura scenes are in the drop tables doesn't interfere with getting Protea at all, since these reward types are on different tiers. What is a little frustrating, though, is that every Rotation C drop across all G-Void levels is only needed once. It gets annoying when the Stropha Blade is over twice as likely as a Protea part to drop, because you only need one of each, and the average player will get multiple Stropha Blades (which are next to worthless after your first) before the Protea part.

If the G-Void is to be something the devs want players to return to, they actually do need evergreen rewards to drop from it -- rewards that still hold value when received again like Credits, Endo and Traces. These evergreen rewards don't need to be those specific things, they're just examples of rewards that still have value as repeat drops. As an anecdote, getting Traces now is frustrating because I wanted the Protea part, but getting Traces after I've gotten the Protea part already is better than getting the same Protea part again.

Even at 11% drop rate, I didn't get any protea parts. Whatsoever. I wish Protea grind dropped tokens to overcome stupid rng mechanics, when it didn't work out, or something similar. Selling stuff for platinum is a nightmare these days anyway. People whisper you, and then ignore you for some weird reasons. And I don't dabble in rivens anyway. Anything to make ridiculous rng better would be appreciated. 

Seeing this for the 100th time is beyond pathetic. 

https://ibb.co/FDdhyHt

Edited by Nehra96

I wouldn't mind seeing it as its own gamemode later with a different drop table but as it is currently I don't see any reason to expand on it. After finishing the tier C rewards one can just clear it to tier A or B for traces, endo, or credits as needed. Plus everyone can casually accumulate Crowns since Treasurer spawns are guaranteed in ship missions.

6 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

If the G-Void is to be something the devs want players to return to, they actually do need evergreen rewards to drop from it -- rewards that still hold value when received again like Credits, Endo and Traces. These evergreen rewards don't need to be those specific things, they're just examples of rewards that still have value as repeat drops. As an anecdote, getting Traces now is frustrating because I wanted the Protea part, but getting Traces after I've gotten the Protea part already is better than getting the same Protea part again.

They could make this mode like this: you get specific reward and it rotates out of the next drop table, but the amount of enemies u have to kill increases and lvl increases too.
The way it is now is just a "content island". However, such insignificant game mode imo isn't worth further expansion. It's just one tile, single enemy type..... ok. mb they can tie it somehow to Corpus nemesis system so it will be reusable.