Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is The Sergeant going to be erased?

Zahnny

you just know that DE would rework Sarge to be insanely tough, to make up for all the years of easy kills. he'll be like DOOM:Eternal's Marauder & a Nullifier, injected with steroids, and with insane speed. he kind of deserves it to be fair lol.

in truth thoguh, I imagine they could implement a two-stage bossfight with both Nef and Sarge: either:

a serious fight, where Nef claims you're not worth his time and sends Sarge as his champion, a tougher fight ensues while Nef runs for his battle mech or whatever he's use to fight you.

-OR-

a joke fight, where Nef sends Sarge in, confident he'll kill you- and he's same as normal.. and Nef would be all like "you killed him already!? oh no... I think i've made a terrible mistake..", then the real fight begins with Nef.

part of me wants Sarge to become a badass though, wielding a unique laser sword and a Shield of Energy, donned in heavy Corpus Armor, a Crusader of Profit to smite the Tenno! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, (PS4)Deeceem said:

I hope sergeant stays as he is forever in terms of being a meme boss. If he ever get reworked I'd rather have him hide during the battle while talking trash just to be one-shot when his time comes. If he gets removed I'll be sad and will complain on Twitter.

I could see it done as a boss rush - leaning into the vibe of him being, well, a Sergeant, as he has some subordinates and minions to throw at you. So you get a four 'stage' boss fight, where you're going against several other, smaller-scale boss fights, each progressing in challenge. Then you reach Searge himself, the health bar refills, he gets this big-old intro cutscene where he says something along the lines of "So you got through my minions. Fine. COME AT ME!" 

And it's OG Sergeant.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

part of me wants Sarge to become a badass though, wielding a unique laser sword and a Shield of Energy, donned in heavy Corpus Armor, a Crusader of Profit to smite the Tenno! 

You could still have both - pull a 'power of NEO' (Undertale spoilers) and have him look way cooler than he is.

Perhaps the description of the sword you can take from him reads: "The Sergeant's custom-built energy blade. Incredibly powerful, considering his low rank. Unfortunately, the energy required to sustain such a powerful blade was too great, forcing him to forgo shielding, leaving him nigh-defenceless.

A Warframe, however, has no such restrictions"

I wouldnt be surprised if SGT is replaced. If I'm not mistaken there is a new proxy being created in the corpus ships. First it looked like one of the smaller orbs from vallis, the ones you "pop" open, but looking at it closely it could be something else.

Ah the touted Nef Anyo boss battle. I remember watching the devstream and poof, next update Sergeant Anyo was gone and soon to be replaced by a new and exciting boss battle.

That was years ago.

I also remember the supposed boss fight being more sniper intensive, more of a gauntlet where Nef would hit you from a distance before you made it to his arena. Kinda like Vay Hek is (or became?). Show of hands, who here remembers Derf Anyo? How often that mad lad was teased in those days was nothing short of CBT. Our famed wannabe Tenno with off-brand twin Skana on hover skates ended up being the Corpus Scrambus.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, OriVerda said:

Ah the touted Nef Anyo boss battle. I remember watching the devstream and poof, next update Sergeant Anyo was gone and soon to be replaced by a new and exciting boss battle.

That was years ago.

I also remember the supposed boss fight being more sniper intensive, more of a gauntlet where Nef would hit you from a distance before you made it to his arena. Kinda like Vay Hek is (or became?). Show of hands, who here remembers Derf Anyo? How often that mad lad was teased in those days was nothing short of CBT. Our famed wannabe Tenno with off-brand twin Skana on hover skates ended up being the Corpus Scrambus.

Why'd you have to go and remind me of poor Derf?

;_;7

Edited by notlamprey
  • Like 1