Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You buffed the Catchmoon...in the wrong way.

Caliboom

Secondary Catchmoon is a low range/fire rate with high damage weapon, while the primary variant is pretty much the same, but with more range and fire rate at the cost of damage per shot.
The gap between both make an interesting choice between primary and secondary, while the primary has a higher DPS, I really don't see what you complain about.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Caliboom said:

People wanted the damage to be buffed, not it's fire rate. I understand that it's a shotgun, but buffing it's range is not going to make a different, I would prefer if it's crappy damage was buffed instead.

e8a.gif

Catchmoon already deals very high damage as it sits and the fact it has a wide area and infinite punchthrough allows it to take down large groups of enemies with ease. Why buff the Damage even more?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Catchmoon already deals very high damage as it sits and the fact it has a wide area and infinite punchthrough allows it to take down large groups of enemies with ease. Why buff the Damage even more?

We talking about the same weapon here? The primary catchmoon variant?

Edited by Skaleek

9 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Because much like the people who think that Protea's turret that can mow down corrupted level 170 Corrupted Bombards needs a damage buff... things and stuff and reasons.

Edited by BansheePrime

42 minutes ago, BansheePrime said:

Because much like the people who think that Protea's turret that can mow down corrupted level 170 Corrupted Bombards needs a damage buff... things and stuff and reasons.

Have you actually played Protea or you simply formed your opinion from watching Quite Shallow's video?  

Because outside of the simulacrum, mobs dont stack neatly in a dense long collumn so the turrets can stack up to 12-15x. In actual gameplay mobs are scattered all over so the turrets stack up to 4-6x at best, before dissapearing.

But that's beside the point. On the topic of the primary catchmoon - I like the idea of a full auto Catchmoon, but it has some of the worst ammo economy out of everything. It is a full auto weapon with the ammo clip of a semi auto 2ndary catchmoon. It can barely let out any shots before having to reload. And runs out of ammo extremely quickly.  

What it needs is simply more ammo capacity and more max ammo, so it can function as a full automatic weapon.  

• Like 1

Making the primary Catchmoon’s projectile radius a little wider, if not matching secondary Catchmoon’s projectile size, would be ideal to go with the current PC changes to primary Catchmoon (projectile lifetime extended, damage fall-off extended).

Other than that, I’d love to try it out when Deadlock Protocol hits consoles.

On 2020-06-18 at 12:41 PM, BiancaRoughfin said:

e8a.gif

tenor.gif

On 2020-06-18 at 12:45 PM, Skaleek said:

We talking about the same weapon here? The primary catchmoon variant?

You know what, I'm gonna build myself a primary Catchmoon and I'll get back to you if it's as strong as the secondary. Either people here are lying about them being on par with each other or I'm tripping on something and maybe they are.  Mind you, this is first time I'm hearing 216 damage on a shotgun being labelled as high. I know 460 is high especially on a secondary, but 216? Particularly against armor, DPS kinda goes out the window if your DPH doesn't measure up with an abysmal fire rate to boot (like 3 LOL). 

EDIT: Got my Catchmoon Primary with Tremor and Slap+5 Forma. Suffice to say - while it's serviceable for the star-chart, it's trash come level 100+ enemies (especially Grineer), DOESN'T EVEN COME CLOSE compared to the Catchmoon secondary. You're better off using the Fulmin (DPH) or Acceltra (DPS) if you want a more effective weapon that's more bang for your buck. I'd hate to imagine anyone taking this to Hard Mode once that comes out. You most definitely don't wanna take this Kitgun to Sortie 3's or 2+ hour runs.

Edited by R.O.G.U.E.
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, R.O.G.U.E. said:

tenor.gif

You know what, I'm gonna build myself a primary Catchmoon and I'll get back to you if it's as strong as the secondary. Either people here are lying about them being on par with each other or I'm tripping on something and maybe they are.  Mind you, this is first time I'm hearing 216 damage on a shotgun being labelled as high. I know 460 is high especially on a secondary, but 216? Particularly against armor, DPS kinda goes out the window if your DPH doesn't measure up with an abysmal fire rate to boot (like 3 LOL). 

EDIT: Got my Catchmoon Primary with Tremor and Slap+5 Forma. Suffice to say - while it's serviceable for the star-chart, it's trash come level 100+ enemies (especially Grineer), DOESN'T EVEN COME CLOSE compared to the Catchmoon secondary. You're better off using the Fulmin (DPH) or Acceltra (DPS) if you want a more effective weapon that's more bang for your buck. I'd hate to imagine anyone taking this to Hard Mode once that comes out. You most definitely don't wanna take this Kitgun to Sortie 3's or 2+ hour runs.

The primary mods are considerably worse than the secondary ones, primary catchmoon is pretty poo compared to the secondary one.