Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Entry 2 – Oct 15, 2013

[DE]Grineeer

Response to workshops:

Woah! Ok people seem to like these posts. So let's keep them rolling. I would urge people to make sure they read them before responding. Some of the feedback came from people that clearly didn't read what I had written. This will prevent flame wars in the threads and will keep feedback easier to read.

Let's get started!

I would like to start by clarifying a few things:

Trading:

Trading will require a clan with a trading post. A little known feature of the Dojo is that you can invite outside people(non clan members) into your clan’s Dojo, so trading with external people will be possible. You won't be required to join a clan in order to trade, you will just have to be invited to a clan dojo - . *(Currently only the host can invite to the dojo, this will be fixed before trading is live.)

New Warframe:

The new "non-caster" Warframe doesn't really mean her powers aren't executed in the same manner as the rest of the Warframes. By non-caster I mean more like Rhino, she will be about getting in the enemies face and beating them to death. We are going to try some wackier stuff with her abilities though. I want to use more of the systems from the game in her power design. More info in the coming weeks.

Ok let's move on to new stuff!

Mission Types:

We mentioned on Livestream 10 (?) that we have begun to re-work some of the mission types in the game. You saw the first new mission type (Survival) in Update 10. We are ramping up our efforts to get these re-work/additions out in a faster manner. The goal of the mission re-work is to make the missions less about going to point A, do something and then get to exit. We also want to add a scoring mechanism to each mission type so we can rank and reward players on the weekly leaderboards that have been recently added to the game. Currently we are working on the Sabotage mission type.

Improving Sabotage

• Your mission is to destroy the reactor as usual, how you accomplish this will be changed.

• Fuel rods located through the mission need to be sabotaged and delivered to the reactor.

• Carrying the fuel rods depletes your shields, you may need to drop them to recharge or switch between players.

• Fuel rods have a health - if you are carrying one you see its health; if you are hit a % of damage goes to the fuel rod. Don't be carrying it when it goes off!

• One fuel rod must be delivered to the reactor in order to complete the sabotage mission.

• More fuel rods = more points and less time to extract

• Spawning will become more intense over the course of the mission. Reaching its height when the reactor blows up.

Scoring will be determined by number of rods brought to the reactor, and the reactor itself.

• Players have limited time to extract based on number rods used.

• Exploding Hazards when extracting the mission: Flame vents, exploding heat, randomly decompressing the last few zones

Warframe reviews:

So Megan has been harassing me to post the plan for the last set of reviewed Warframes. Currently I am still mulling over the best plan and I don't want to commit to any changes right this second. I would like to thank everyone that posted in Warframe feedback forums, this stuff is gold.

A few of the top priorities are:

• Fixing Ember and making sure she isn't just four of the same style abilities.

• Reviewing Mag’s Pull, pretty sure everyone knows this power is a bit OP.

• Trinity: Link needs a damage review.

This is just a small set of the stuff that needs a look at for frames – more to come.

Ok this post is getting too long, back to work!

Sounds good!

Trading:

So this means that two un-guilded Tenno will need to have a 3rd party to invite them to a guildhall trading post to trade?

Does this also mean that there will not be an auction house style way to dump unneeded mods/blueprints etc.?

New Warframe:

Will this new frame also receive a new tile set to be acquired, similar to how Nekros is obtained through Derelict? (finally going out-off-system?>.>) 

Mission Types:

I'm interested in how this will work, maybe as an alternate carry the rod on the Warframe's back...eliminating the ability to use sidearms in this mission type as you cannot fit both the rod and your primary weapon on your back when switching?

Besides the "points" awarded for going the harder route to destroy the reactor (multiple Rods) will rewards be improved for challenging the tenno (i.e. the bigger the explosion=more damage done to ship=better rewards)

Edited by Beean

Mission Types:

We mentioned on Livestream 10 (?) that we have begun to re-work some of the mission types in the game. You saw the first new mission type (Survival) in Update 10. We are ramping up our efforts to get these re-work/additions out in a faster manner. The goal of the mission re-work is to make the missions less about going to point A, do something and then get to exit. We also want to add a scoring mechanism to each mission type so we can rank and reward players on the weekly leaderboards that have been recently added to the game. Currently we are working on the Sabotage mission type.

Improving Sabotage

• Your mission is to destroy the reactor as usual, how you accomplish this will be changed.

• Fuel rods located through the mission need to be sabotaged and delivered to the reactor.

• Carrying the fuel rods depletes your shields, you may need to drop them to recharge or switch between players.

• Fuel rods have a health - if you are carrying one you see its health; if you are hit a % of damage goes to the fuel rod. Don't be carrying it when it goes off!

• One fuel rod must be delivered to the reactor in order to complete the sabotage mission.

• Spawning will become more intense over the course of the mission. Reaching its height when the reactor blows up.

Scoring will be determined by number of rods brought to the reactor, and the reactor itself.

• Exploding Hazards when extracting the mission: Flame vents, exploding heat, randomly decompressing the last few zones

This sounds intense - can we use rods as a makeshift bombs? (If it gets hit too much, can I drop it and detonate it under mobs feets?)

Edited by SabreUr

Oh, allowing outsiders to participate in clan trades sounds interesting.

Active traders will most likely find themselves a clan with a trading post and conduct their business from there, inviting buyers to the dojo to seal the deal.

This might open up trading in a way that has often been talked about in the Livestreams and how it's an intention to avoid it (open trade that results in a lot of chatspam, etc), do you have any worries concerning this?

I wonder how broad the definition for the Like-for-Like system will be, if for instance a Rare Skill Mod will be tradeable for an exceedingly rare mod such as Firestorm. :)

Hell yeah, Berserkerframe. :D

Go wild with those powers!

Oooh, the new Sabotage Mission sounds cool! Much better than just slipping in, shooting some tubes and taking off... very involving, reminds me of the Sling-Stone event with the corruptors, with a little of the debuff from the recent vault-keys mixed in... looking forward to it!

Carrying stuff? That's exactly what I hate about Spy/Deception. Weren't those getting reworked just to get rid of this stuff?

I don't mind the carrying-aspect... but maybe instead of having to physically carry the item around, how about we absorb it like the poor Corpus capture target?

Would allow for the usage of our primary weapons then!

That might be the reason for the shield drain too; the item is too big to be carried, and keeping it stored in our Warframe is a strain on our systems!

If those fuel rods are big enough, they can be used as handy cover (albeit explosive) too, and can't get lost in the geometry so easily. ;D

I love the heated extraction as well...

To really ramp up the heat, show us a view of the sabotaged ship/facility exploding violently shortly after the extraction craft zips away...

then "Mission Accomplished" with the stats :D

Edited by Sherbniz

No volt? This frame is still complete trash with nothing to offer but a few gimmicks. Speed for rushing, something DE seems to loathe with a passion anyway, and shield for flux rifle/synapse/embolist/shotguns. Even then, electric shield was recently stealth nerfed, very much diminishing its overall effectiveness. Shock is near useless and Overload is a massive load of crap. Why don't you focus on fixing the frame that generates multiple new threads every single day and that everyone knows is the worse frame in the game by a long shot.

Mission Types:

Improving Sabotage

By the Power of GraySkull!!  There is no part of this That I don't like.

don't make me Beg for it.  because I have no shame and I will do it.

This sounds interesting, especially the new sabotage. Are we going to have a look of the new warframe sometime soon? And how will the fuel rods work? What I mean is that you say the more we plug it the less time we have so would we stockpile rods near the reactor or can we plug in a certain amount than pull a lever or something along those lines?

Edit: One more question. As the first mission you play on mercury is a sabotage mission, will it be changed like with m prime becoming capture instead of survival as this new mission type might heavily confuse new players?

Edited by Armouredhunter

Good stuff! thanks for the update.

[Question] Regarding new sabotage, will Solo players be able to fetch and install multiple rods themselves? For example carry one rod to reactor, go fetch another, etc and then implement them all in the reactor at the same time?

[Question] Regarding trading, will you be creating a new chat channel similar to Recruiting for people looking to trade?

Edited by JackPrime

• Trinity: Link needs a damage review.

I'm very interested in hearing what this will entail. I hope it's a bit more of how much damage is being done to enemies and not how much damage reduction is granted when in use. Looking forward to your thoughts in the coming weeks.

The Sabotage mission sounds pretty interesting as well. Will we see it as another weekend event as we did with Survival?

Really great to see another post so thank you.

Edited by Haldos

Glad to hear some news . Thanks Scott! Just a thing : even though now pull is OP, it's still Mag's main source of damage(ability-wise), so maybe you wanna take a look at Crush too, and maybe giving it armor ignore, or make it Viable at higher levels.

1)

Trading:

Trading will require a clan with a trading post. A little known feature of the Dojo is that you can invite outside people(non clan members) into your clan’s Dojo, so trading with external people will be possible. You won't be required to join a clan in order to trade, you will just have to be invited to a clan dojo - . *(Currently only the host can invite to the dojo, this will be fixed before trading is live.)

2)

Mission Types:

Improving Sabotage

1) I love it! YAY! but , make sure when you do "*(Currently only the host can invite to the dojo, this will be fixed before trading is live.)" MAKE SURE it does NOT carry over to missions. some players might find a way to use that in missions to grief, exploit, etc.  and while you work on fixing that only host can invite how about a Vote kick?

2) LOVE IT! sounds a lot more fun and not boring.

Trading:

i'm still very concerned about trading. and since Trading is going to be so open, even if only like for like, i still am afraid this will instantly totally invalidate all of the items in the game, and they will be trivially easy to get. need a Multishot mod? well that guy over there will just give you one because he has plenty of them anyways. 

that's a scary thought, that playing the game could be almost entirely invalidated. be very careful about that.

i'm not entirely sure i understand or agree with the quoted points for these Sabotage missions.

1 - i'm a bit concerned about the Fuel Rods having health. depending on the level of the mission, this could end up with a lot of broken Fuel Rods, and a lot of dead Tenno. ex. - high level Grineer. they shoot a crapton of bullets. sure, you could drop the item, clear the room, then repeat until you get there. but constantly 'i pick things up and put them down' sounds like a fundamentally bad idea for a gamemode. players will not enjoy repeating that process so many times. food for thought.

2 - okay, only one Fuel Rod must be delivered. is there a limit to how many there are? or are there simply machines at random places of the map that will poop out Fuel Rods for you?

3 - points? what are the points for? are these points only for Scoreboards? or are they actually important to the gameplay? if they're only for Scoreboards, then i totally understand what they do. if not, i don't really get it. do these points judge what your mission rewards will be? will getting astronomically high scores from the median mean you get awesome rewards?

and if inputting more Fuel Rods shortens the extraction time, what does that mean? if you only need on Fuel Rod to complete the mission, wouldn't that mean you'd run out of time if you tried to input more of them? wouldn't the mission be 'complete' after one Fuel Rod is delivered?

4 - forgot to leave it in the quote but, if the Fuel Rods deplete our shields, how much is that? 100%? 1%? should we expect to 'need' to put this down all the time, or is it simply to lower your long term battle survivability while carrying the Fuel Rod? will Rhino be the end all for this? Iron Skin is a free health bar on top of your two health bars as it is, will that make it trivially easy to just walk through rooms without the Fuel Rod taking damage?

more food for thought.

overall, i'm glad that the concept of the mission isn't being thrown out, only how it's presented and operates. and making it more engaging.

edit:

oh, totally forgot. good stuff, and the continued information will continue to defuse people into more rational conversations.

Edited by taiiat

Trading sounds irritating to be totally honest. Also I hope there are some serious restrictions because as many have already stated, trading ruins the point of this game. With no real point besides, grinding to get weapons and frames, trading ruins that. 

Carrying stuff? That's exactly what I hate about Spy/Deception. Weren't those getting reworked just to get rid of this stuff?

I am dissapoint.

I second this. I don't want another mission type where I'm stuck using my secondary, yet I can two hand my melee.... Logical fail.

Some of the feedback came from people that clearly didn't read what I had written. This will prevent flame wars in the threads and will keep feedback easier to read.

Warframe's community in a nutshell.

Write a wall of text about ideas and they only read half and do not ask questions, if they do not understand.