Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban Prime Bastille Build

(PSN)northern_rebal

Question

I'm trying to work up a good build for Vauban Prime, centering around his 4th ability Bastille/vortex.

Ignoring some of the older builds around since he went thru a rework, most suggest prioritizing  efficiency and range. Then they differ with some going for duration and some with strength.

I'm thinking I want a pretty balanced build. Enough range to affect slot of enemies, but enough strength to hold them, enough duration so I have time to go around and kill them, and enough efficiency to use his abilites slot.

Am I wrong? Anyone want to share their builds?

8 answers to this question

20 minutes ago, (PS4)northern_rebal said:

I'm thinking I want a pretty balanced build. Enough range to affect slot of enemies, but enough strength to hold them, enough duration so I have time to go around and kill them, and enough efficiency to use his abilites slot.

Just curious as why you want someone else showing their builds when you already know what you want?

Go to the simulacrum, test and swap until you are happy. You have to do this step anyways because you cannot know if our builds immediately suits you perfectly

as for suggestions: Overextended to get enough "safe space", which costs strength, so you go Blind Rage, which needs Fleeting, which on its own needs primed con.

Or you go non-corrupted~

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

46 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Just curious as why you want someone else showing their builds when you already know what you want

No sense for me to take the time to figure out a build if they have one already. But then I'd probably tweak it.

I like your suggestions, you explained how using one mod means you need another which needs another. That isn't always obvious. I do sometimes wonder how people get such high numbers.

I do test my builds, and it's only when I play and see how the build works with my play style that I settle on it.

And I am constantly amazed at the depth of knowledge some members have.

Since you seem to be an all around build i would suggest having a slight improvement on every part of the build instead of just focusing on a certain trait for a certain ability. My main build for my vauban is this one. It let's me cast vortex and place some spikeballs but its not exceptional and could use some upgrades (like opening the exilus slot, putting power drift in there and getting another mod there) Anyways, if you want a build just for the ability itself just run duration + range and if you still have free slots place a efficiency mod in there. Depending on where you are in the game the hard CC it gives you will allow you to regenerate your energy before you wanna cast it again

Well Building for Bastille is a Gigantic Pain in the ass Because The Bastille needs Power Strength to actually hold Enemies... (its simpler to just build for Vortex)

in Any case before you build for Bastille you probably already know that No Matter How much range you build for... Your Bastille is always going to feel like its too small... the only time this wont be true is if you have a Void Buff Doubling its Size. THis was Really anoying for me until I watched this Video:

Ive watched this video a few times and I didnt really understand what he meant that Tether effectively Doubles Bastille's Range until just recently...

Basically the Problem with Tether is it wont hold down more than two enemies, and Bastille is too tiny.... However... these two abilities solve each other's Problem if you use them together. The Tether will let go of the Enemy its attached to once it gets into range of your Bastille, The Bastille will override the Tether's Effect, freeing the Tether to grab two new enemies. In short... Place a Bastille, then drop a tether inside of it to Double its Range.... 

as long as you keep that in mind you can build Booben with enough Strength to actually hold a Decent Chunk of Enemies., I think Intensify and Transient Fortitude should be enough for almost all Situations...

Ofourse if you do that, The Duration can be annoying since you need to cast almost all your Duration Based Abilities more often, this is not good if you're trying to Solo Interception Missions or Baby Sit multiple Excavators.

I dont have this Problem because I have two Umbral Formas in my Booben so my Booben has enough Power Strength to drop Transient Fortitude... and Mod Slots are Precious for Booben, This can give you a slot to add some effeciency, more duration or even an Augment.

also regardless of how much effeciency you have, Try to get a Rank 5 Arcane Energize, mostly for the same reason you would get it for any other Frame... its just a good Arcane to Have.

and thats just about it for Bastille, its not actually complicated to build for, its just annoying because of its Stats... you dont really Build around it so much as you, play around it using your Other Abilities.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (PS4)northern_rebal said:

That's just it. If you want to build specifically for Bastille you need every stat. In most cases this will result in something that does nothing well.

4 hours ago, (PS4)northern_rebal said:

'm thinking I want a pretty balanced build. Enough range to affect slot of enemies, but enough strength to hold them, enough duration so I have time to go around and kill them, and enough efficiency to use his abilites slot.

One question: are you wanting to use Bastille specifically (as opposed to Vortex?)  Because Vortex requires no Strength: you just give yourself Efficiency, Duration, and Range.  And it will hold any number of enemies in a convenient little ball for you.  Who needs armor when all your enemies are trapped in a Katamari?

Gods I love Vortex so much.

• Like 1

I main booben and I'll be the first to tell you the an all around build for him is annoying and somewhat ineffective. Yes the tether coils can help, but it's not worth it. You can always just put a little power str on and use repelling Bastille augment. But other than that, bastille will always feel too small, and when its not, it doesnt hold enough enemies. I use 2 main builds for vauban.

The first is max power str and decent duration. I run this for flechette orbs. You can put 4 flechettes down at once for a good 30 seconds or so each, and they can handle your CC just as efficiently as Bastille, but instead of suspending them in the air, it kills them. Flechette do not need any range either.

The second is max range with decent duration. This is my vortex build. A max range vortex will be just as effective(more-so against infested) as Bastille, and you dont need any power str for it. Plus, you can throw it high up on walls, which helps sometimes when the enemies are getting stuck behind stuff as they get pulled in.

These are the only 2 builds I use. I never even touch bastille anymore. I take vauban to all content except high level spy and just use flechettes 90% of the time. Then, i only really switch it up for infested.

So I just did a Solo Interception SOrtie Yesterday... Naturally with Booben is was the easiest thing in the worlld... even with Nullifyers trying to ruin everything... anyway... I found out that Enemies that are in a Ragdolled State dont "Occupy" space in terms of the game's Logic... and Vortex will Ragdoll ENemies. What this means is if you need to capture a Tower without Killing or Removing The Conflict Enemies, you can just drop a Vortex, even if the enemies are right smack in the middle of the Tower, You can capture it without any issues as long as they are affected by Vortex...

That being said... I dont know if this is a result of a bug or if its an actual feature but Ragdolling seems like its a Status Effect, and that means it can be negated by ancient Healers, Dont get me wrong... the Vortex will still pull all enemies within Range, the problem then is Not every enemy is going to be in a Ragdolled State... its just something to keep in mind when dealing with the Infested and Corrupted Factions.