Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I have a permanent pet

Camberwell

Question

Good day all,

When they first got rid of stasis my incubator was empty, but now a few updates later and I have a permanent helminth charger in my incubator that also runs about my ship

I don't know how to get rid of it

I can change it to another pet by selecting a kubrow/kavat as a companion, and then changing back to my carrier, but the pet remains all the time even with my carrier as the selected companion

how can I make my incubator empty again?

thanks

Martin

11 answers to this question

Consignment PERMANENTLY DELETES A PET, DON'T DO IT TO PETS YOU ACTUALLY WANT TO KEEP JUST NOT ROAM.  I guess it was named that to make you feel less like a heel when you do it.

It's, as far as I know, not a bug: Many people wanted their kittehs/doggos to roam the orbiter for cosmetic reasons, even if they actually used sentinels in the loadout.

Anyway, the only way I know is expensive. Start an incubation, and either never open the incubator, or immediately consign the incubated pet. You'd obviously need to do it every time you switch to live pets from robotics and then back, so... It's easier to just find the most aesthetically pleasing pet in your stable and let them run around. (I recommend a kavat as you don't need to worry about their care at all once you have the nutrio upgrade.)

2 hours ago, nebfab said:

Consignment PERMANENTLY DELETES A PET, DON'T DO IT TO PETS YOU ACTUALLY WANT TO KEEP JUST NOT ROAM.  I guess it was named that to make you feel less like a heel when you do it.

It's, as far as I know, not a bug: Many people wanted their kittehs/doggos to roam the orbiter for cosmetic reasons, even if they actually used sentinels in the loadout.

Anyway, the only way I know is expensive. Start an incubation, and either never open the incubator, or immediately consign the incubated pet. You'd obviously need to do it every time you switch to live pets from robotics and then back, so... It's easier to just find the most aesthetically pleasing pet in your stable and let them run around. (I recommend a kavat as you don't need to worry about their care at all once you have the nutrio upgrade.)

Nutrio works the same on all pets...
You still need to interact with the pet to restore the damage bonus, otherwise with the changes that happened a few months ago, pets don't die, so meh...

4 minutes ago, ReaverKane said:

Nutrio works the same on all pets...
You still need to interact with the pet to restore the damage bonus, otherwise with the changes that happened a few months ago, pets don't die, so meh...

Kavats damage bonus doesn't decay, unlike kubrow, and nutrio prevents the health bonus from going down for all pets, so the net result is that with a kavat you may log out for a month and still have the 100/100 bonus, while with Kubrow it would be 100/0 and with 3 interactions limit, may take a while to build back up...

30 minutes ago, nebfab said:

Kavats damage bonus doesn't decay, unlike kubrow, and nutrio prevents the health bonus from going down for all pets, so the net result is that with a kavat you may log out for a month and still have the 100/100 bonus, while with Kubrow it would be 100/0 and with 3 interactions limit, may take a while to build back up...

Oh, never noticed that part about their loyalty! Good to know... I usually play with my pets just as a matter of fact, so never noticed...
Anyway, i have my Lotus Chesa out...

Don't know why players want to get rid of their pets, I grew up with animals so one roaming the ship isn't a big deal, mine roams the ship playing with it's beach balls from the Dog Days event.

Though I suppose some players would like a toggle Hide Roaming pet.

Another thing that prevents pets from roaming is imprinting (crafting a blank imprint is much cheaper than an incubator power core) and again, not claiming it (you would still hear your pet make noises occasionally inside) and it probably will lower loyalty of dog-type pets. You can also do it only 3 times per pet.

Someone said the mobile app still has a stasis option, but I don't know how well it works, or (obviously) how long it would take DE to eventually remove it.

Archived