The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Save / Cross Play / Cross Platform / Cross Progress / Account Transfer / Account Migration Megathread

(PSN)CagzJohn06

1 hour ago, WhiteMarker said:

Fair enough. But you quoted a part of my post that was about cross play. If you wanted to talk about cross-progess/save, you should have said that in the first place. They way you did it, everyone had to assume you are talking about cross-play (Again, because of the part you quoted)
So just make yourself clear the next time. And don't just quote something random from another post.

Yeah i apologize for not being clear enough.

1 hour ago, WhiteMarker said:

Thank you for saying the same thing again, that others and me alread said. Even DE said that already.

You're welcome anytime, just saying my opinion.

My personal opinion based on near 1000 days on PS4 from the launch and 350+ days on PC now.
So-called cross-save (I meant cross-progression) is not complex, because all your account data (no matter what platform) are stored on DE servers. This is online game, you cannot access it if you don't have network and you must login into your account before play it.
I had MR25 account on PS4 and MR27 on PC now. So, the most important question for me is how I can merge my progress. I bought different Prime Access on this platforms, so I think, it will be fair to be able to use cosmetics, warframes and Orbiter stuff on all platforms (except platform-specific skins, maybe).

In addition to my PC account above:

I've started played on PS4 long years ago and moved to PC before Fortuna update because of several things:
- I tired to wait 1-2-3 months for new features to be released on consoles
- less activity in game (at least in my region)
- plat and Prime Access cost (I think Sony had more than enought money on platfom exclusives and PS Plus that I bought). I dont planning to buy any stuff at PS Store anymore.
I agree if I cannot use new stuff I get on PC until it releases on console (may it be marked as "Currently unreleased item" in inventory), but I want to see overall progress on all platforms.

37 minutes ago, PixelHunter9000 said:

So-called cross-save (I meant cross-progression) is not complex, because all your account data (no matter what platform) are stored on DE servers.

If it was that easy, how come that when there is a migration, like the NSW migration last year, there are always some items that go missing, and support has to manually fix that?
In theory it is kind of easy, sure. In reality there are a lot of things that can make matters worse.
And aside from the technical point there is all the legal stuff with Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft.
Even though DE says that they are looking into it we are still far from it being implemented.

I am at a crossroad, because now I have an xbox and always play on PC and when I asked support 
to migrate my account they told me that it cannot be done.
So now I'm not playing on PC or Xbox because I don't want to start over ... and if I start over and then add cross progression 
... I invested time in Xbox for nothing ... 

Then with that concept I am not only not playing if not that either investing money because my time is more important
, taking my progression from one platform to another would be the solution.
So what am I doing ..... yes ... playing destiny that allows me to play and take my progression to pc or xbox whenever I want.
I am both a pc and an xbox user, I do not want to start over or advance on one platform and enter the other without progress.

Let say that im in stand by to play warframe again.

Not only saying this for warframe this happens to me in other games too that i play,for example Path of exile...im in stand by too,sadly.

2 часа назад, WhiteMarker сказал:

If it was that easy, how come that when there is a migration, like the NSW migration last year, there are always some items that go missing, and support has to manually fix that?

Its just database scripting magic 🙂 some items may become "missed" because not all DB tables are mentioned in transfer script and empty fields prevent them to be shown in interfase. So, to make a good script we simple need to consider all data interconnections in DB, which can be really complicated and masked sometimes.

5 minutes ago, PixelHunter9000 said:

Its just database scripting magic 🙂 some items may become "missed" because not all DB tables are mentioned in transfer script. So, to make a good script we simple need to consider all data interconnections in DB, which can be really complicated and masked sometimes.

I like that you are trying to explain DE's job to them.
Don't you think that you have less knowledge on how to approach the whole "cross-thingy" then DE has? And don't you think that DE also knows a bit more about their own game then you do?
How come that everyone, really everyone, on the internet is a programer and would always do a better job then the actual programers?

10 minutes ago, Nefaren said:

I am at a crossroad, because now I have an xbox and always play on PC and when I asked support to migrate my account they 
told me that it cannot be done.
So now I'm not playing on PC or Xbox because I don't want to start over ... 
and if I start over and then add cross progression ... I invested time in Xbox for nothing ... 
Then with that concept I am not only not playing if not that either investing money because my time is more important, 
taking my progression from one platform to another would be the solution.
So what am I doing ..... yes ... playing destiny that allows me to play and take my progression to pc or xbox whenever I want.
I am both a pc and an xbox user, I do not want to start over or advance on one platform and enter the other without progress.

Let say that im in stand by to play warframe again.

Not only saying this for warframe this happens to me in other games too that i play,for example Path of exile...im in stand by too sadly.

Great story, and awesome formating...
But why are you telling us this? óÒ

3 hours ago, PixelHunter9000 said:

So-called cross-save (I meant cross-progression) is not complex, because all your account data (no matter what platform) are stored on DE servers.

The actual process itself is not difficult as long as you have good access to the database. The problem is all the other parts of the game where money and trading is involved. The consoles have very little to gain and a lot to lose by allowing players to move off their platform and purchase Platinum elsewhere at cheaper rates. Unless you can hash out good terms on how Platinum, Trading, Tennogen, etc are handled, we can't even reach your stage.

39 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Don't you think that you have less knowledge on how to approach the whole "cross-thingy" then DE has? And don't you think that DE also knows a bit more about their own game then you do?
How come that everyone, really everyone, on the internet is a programer and would always do a better job then the actual programers?

Great story, and awesome formating...
But why are you telling us this? óÒ

Because im sad :/ since i bought my xbox i realize that i play some games that i have to start over and i dont want to....but i want to play them in xbox and have

the chance to still playing with my friends in Pc,then if no one is online i just can go to my xbox and play on the couch

Yesterday for example i was playing on xbox some destiny and my girlfriend asked me to let her watch a tv show .. so i just went to PC and continue my gaming on destiny...that's powerful.The ability to continue the gaming without start over again.

13 часов назад, WhiteMarker сказал:

Point me where I supposed to tell directly to DE what and how they should do? You either don't know how their game works inside.

Don't you think people may have job or other hobbies in real life, connected to IT industry, not only play WF or sitting at this forum?

13 часов назад, Nefaren сказал:

Yesterday for example i was playing on xbox some destiny and my girlfriend asked me to let her watch a tv show .. so i just went to PC and continue my gaming on destiny...that's powerful.The ability to continue the gaming without start over again.

I can approve this, even if I can't do some activities on PS4, I can still use my loot I get on PC.

It's really good experience.

1 minute ago, PixelHunter9000 said:

Point me where I supposed to tell directly to DE what and how they should do? You either don't know how their game works inside.

14 hours ago, PixelHunter9000 said:

Its just database scripting magic 🙂 some items may become "missed" because not all DB tables are mentioned in transfer script and empty fields prevent them to be shown in interfase. So, to make a good script we simple need to consider all data interconnections in DB, which can be really complicated and masked sometimes.

This part right here shows me that you think you know exactly how Warframe works, as you easily found the issue with the transfer. I'm sure you would also easily fix that for DE. Just write them an email, telling them how to do stuff.

2 minutes ago, PixelHunter9000 said:

Don't you think people may have job or other hobbies in real life, connected to IT industry, not only play WF or sitting at this forum?

Oh, that's entirely possible. Sure.
But everyone on the internet works in IT. And that is rather interesting, don't you think?
Everyone likes to tell a company how what they are doing is bad, and how it could be done in a better way. That's just how anonymous criticism works.

I recently saw that Sony has released the data to Developers to use Cross play as it has exited Beta testing. Yes I have watched the most recent Devstream but this happened after the fact I believe. I'm aware of the PC and console debate and because of PC's specific prices and always having a different build (which isn't a bad thing) Maybe Cross play should just be available for consoles until there is a solution found for the PC market prices and builds. I'm not gonna say that I speak for the entire community but in all my years of playing this game and playing with it's people I'm sure we can all agree or agree to disagree that We can live without having another consoles exclusives if it means playing with a multitude of more players that may or may not be friends. As for the tennogen release issues maybe require in future submissions a price for consoles as well as for PC because of the diverse market's (I'm not telling you guys how to do ur jobs or anything like that I love y'all). And Again I did watch the Devstream where they said they weren't currently investigating cross play but I wasn't aware of the news about it and there's a chance they weren't either until after the Devstream. Hopefully a member of DE could confirm whether or not they were aware of the news that Sony released the cross play data, During the Devstream. (Just for peace of mind) ☺️

On 2019-06-06 at 3:54 PM, IIDMOII said:

Should have been a feature out of the box. It should have been looked into way back when they decided to launch on 4 platforms.

What the OP is really trying to say is: 

"Whats the hold up?"

We are playing many games with unified accounts. Other devs have already jumped through the hoops. Copy what they did and make it happen. 

Not about to buy a single thing or platinum until they prove they aren't dragging their feet so they can continue to quadruple dip.

The fact it wasn't implemented at the time of the switch launch (4th platform), yet had their platinum shop up and running, speaks volumes about their business tactics.

How many people can they con into double, triple or even quadruple dipping at launch on a new platform? 

They aren't as savory as you'd like to think. There was a conscious decision made to nickel and dime switch adopters.

Only after enough pushback do you see a line in the devstream about it.

Unfair, assuming, and hyperbolic.  But if it helps you sleep at night to feel “right” about screwing the consumer equals making money for DE even though nearly a decade of history and world-wide success says otherwise, ok.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-06-06 at 10:01 PM, Dark_Lugia said:

Problems are:
1. Different game Versions
2. Console has tennogen for plat, pc not
3. Smaller studio
4. Bound to their contracs with Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo
5. They don´t have the infrastructure (yet)

What in earth is tennogen. Platinum is spread on every console since launch.

10 minutes ago, (NSW)Camagetto said:

Tennogen are user made skins.
On PC you buy them via steamr. The user that made the skin will get a cut from the money made by the sale.
On console it doesn't work like that. DE pays the creator up front a small amount. But if the skin is selling well on console, that's always a bad deal for the creator.
And that's where things get tricky. How would things work with cross-progress. Could we buy skins on console and use them on PC? And other things have to be figured out.

7 minutes ago, (NSW)Camagetto said:

Tennogen are the 3ed party cosmetics.

On PC, you buy the cosmetics from steam, the money is split between steam,artist and DE at purchase.

On console, it's a plat purchase. Console store and DE got it's share of money at plat purchase. How they handle artist payout is unknown to me. But it's likely only payed out on x amount of purchases. This then leads into:

Plat packs can have discounts of up to 75% on PC. Consoles might get discounts on a singular purchase. Plat "value" to players are different per console trading ecosystem. Switch can't manufacturer ignis wraiths because it never had the event. You couldn't move blueprints on migration. Arcanes are likely more expensive due to player base sizes.

If one moves progress to another console, it could mean many things are barred because of these discrepancies. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-08-21 at 5:21 PM, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

DE has stated they want to do cross-save. But they have bigger things on their plate currently so it will be a while before it's a thing.

Nothing’s bigger than cross save there’s 1000s of players who have stopped playing just because they are stuck on consoles & now own a pc . Destiny, Fortnite, dauntless, even mobile games have done it & have seen huge success. Warframe still stuck in 2014 I see 

4 hours ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

Nothing’s bigger than cross save there’s 1000s of players who have stopped playing just because they are stuck on consoles & now own a pc . Destiny, Fortnite, dauntless, even mobile games have done it & have seen huge success. Warframe still stuck in 2014 I see 

These games were made with cross-play or cross-progress in mind. Warframe is a different story. Sweden has strict laws against smoking. Why aren't other countries doing that aswell? Long story short, you cant compare two things that easily.

And most people saying they quit because there is no cross progress didn't really quit because the lack of cross progress. They quit for other reasons and just said it was about cross progress...

5 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

These games were made with cross-play or cross-progress in mind. Warframe is a different story. Sweden has strict laws against smoking. Why aren't other countries doing that aswell? Long story short, you cant compare two things that easily.

And most people saying they quit because there is no cross progress didn't really quit because the lack of cross progress. They quit for other reasons and just said it was about cross progress...

I literally quit because of cross save & im sure I’m not the only one 

7 hours ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

I literally quit because of cross save & im sure I’m not the only one 

You want to tell me you specifically quit because there is no cross progress function? Even though you could still play because you still have the hardware, but you just don't want to play anymore, because of the lack of cross progress? You say that and still you are lurking the forum. Seems legit as hell...

People that would di that would quit for any reason. You are just saying that it's because of cross progress. If we had cross progress you would find another reason to quit. 

9 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

You want to tell me you specifically quit because there is no cross progress function? Even though you could still play because you still have the hardware, but you just don't want to play anymore, because of the lack of cross progress? You say that and still you are lurking the forum. Seems legit as hell...

People that would di that would quit for any reason. You are just saying that it's because of cross progress. If we had cross progress you would find another reason to quit. 

I specifically quit because I couldn’t play on pc , so yes I quit because there isn’t a cross progression option. I know you are trying to play it off as if it’s something rare , but it’s not there’s been many many threads of console players asking to transfer their accounts to pc, that just shows people don’t want their progression to be stuck on consoles so yes I stopped playing until DE has finished/decided to bring cross save into Warframe . I have 3K pc that I play multiple different games on why is it so unreasonable for me not want to be on consoles anymore after that ?? Console updates are way to slow for one and it looks worse. Maybe because your a pc player that you don’t understand where I’m coming from . 

but anyway moral of the story there is a HIGH DEMAND for cross save & you can pretend there isn’t but that just isn’t true 

I do not care because I hate playing with a controller versus a mouse + keyboard.  Call me old school, but I have no interest for anything but PC version.  

With that said, he imagine there are some people out there that do not want a bunch of rich PC players coming over to x-box and buying all their cheap wares.  

The other isolated markets would be destroyed by buying power of PC.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2019-06-06 at 8:54 PM, IIDMOII said:

The fact it wasn't implemented at the time of the switch launch (4th platform), yet had their platinum shop up and running, speaks volumes about their business tactics.

You do know they provided a limited time save copy from the other 3 platforms to the switch. That is literally catered to people who “Oh I want to change from my platform to switch and not lose any of my current progression.” The exact opposite of ‘double dipping’! You need to check your facts before making sensationalist claims.

Archived