Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove Lich events in NighWave

Ahijuna

11 minutes ago, Ahijuna said:

Please. Liches were fun for a while. I got bored of them. I've killed enough of them. I don't want to play this right now. Do not add lich events to NightWave.

DE should keep the Lich missions in NW. If they remove it because "people have done them enough" where do you stop? I have done enough nightmare missions, and vault runs, and Hydrolysts, and Orbs, the list goes on and on.

• If you don't like the challenge you can skip it. There is enough time to skip many challenges and still get to max rank. 

Why not just give us all the stuff for free?

I agree as “kill or convert kuva lich” is an easy challenge if you have all day to farm murmurs and discover the weakness, or if you already have it ready to kill. Starting with a fresh lich and only having about an hour or two a day to play means you are working to complete one challenge during you entire gameplay.

I’m well aware that there are people who seems to kill or convert a new lich in an hour or so, but I don’t think Try-Hards should be the stick by which gameplay is be measured.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)Kamranos said:

I agree as “kill or convert kuva lich” is an easy challenge if you have all day to farm murmurs and discover the weakness, or if you already have it ready to kill. Starting with a fresh lich and only having about an hour or two a day to play means you are working to complete one challenge during you entire gameplay.

I’m well aware that there are people who seems to kill or convert a new lich in an hour or so, but I don’t think Try-Hards should be the stick by which gameplay is be measured.

With the start of Season 3 DE told us we would get the Lich Challenge. You had all the time in the world to prepare for it and getting a Lich ready. YOU chose not to do that.

8 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

With the start of Season 3 DE told us we would get the Lich Challenge. You had all the time in the world to prepare for it and getting a Lich ready. YOU chose not to do that.

I literally killed my lich the day before the challenge. Also you shouldn’t have to wait for a special challenge that could come anywhere from a day or two months. It’s along that same logic of removing “guild a modular item”. It is something that should not be a challenge. Next time DE asks you to wait two months to kill an enemy that continues to tax your missions all for the same points as killing a tusk thumper, tell me how you see that as a “choice”. 

A player should not be required to watch every dev stream or prime time just to get the small snippet of information saying “you will get a lich challenge”. If the information cannot be found in the game, one should not expect others to know it exists. 

Let's say you have a Litch you wanna kill and it just happens to be on the night wave as a bounty, you will have more incentive to hunt him and you will be rewarded for it twice.

And if you don't want to hunt a Litch at the moment, you don't have to, night wave is optional.

So basically having it as an option is better than not having it at all.

I don't mind the kill a lich challenge because it actually gives a meaningful reward in 7k standing. But this current challenge I agree is a load of crap, I'm expected to make an entire new lich for a measly 1k standing? It needs to allow you to do another players lich node and not just your own. 

1 hour ago, Ahijuna said:

Please. Liches were fun for a while. I got bored of them. I've killed enough of them. I don't want to play this right now. Do not add lich events to NightWave.

You could say as much for Trieidalon.
Rather than removing them, I'd like it if the game looked at your progress and based on that, gave you either the 7k challenge, or a 4k one.

It wouldn't effect me, but it would stop encouraging players to rush through the game.

2 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

Alternatively, they could have already gotten every single one of the kuva weapons and therefore have zero reason to ever go back or "prepare" for another several hours of boring grind.

Personally, I'm still OK with the system. I've hit rank 30 and I skip a HUGE number of the tasks. I still prefer it to alerts, if only for the sole reason that players can get nitain without arranging their life around some videogame's arbitrary clock.

EDIT: That said, it still is very strange that the game rewards players for actively not playing. Modular weapon gilding is probably the main one here - if a new system's fun, players are going to grab it when it comes out and tinker with it until they have it right. Basically, that means testing out the various kitgun/zaw components and then building the ones that you're going to want to keep, perhaps along with the rest for their 30-and-trash mastery.

Having weapon gilding as a task means that if you go and explore this new system to your heart's content when it comes out, you're now going to end up wasting time and resources (aka. more time) on making a weapon which you are never going to use because you've already built all the kitguns that you care about. Conversely, knowing that these tasks exist, players might be tempted to abandon the process of getting a kitgun and tweaking it to their desires or sticking forma in a weapon because if that task appears next week, they'll have wasted it by doing their weapon customisation before.

11 hours ago, Ahijuna said:

Skip 'em. Odds are that you already hit max tier some time ago, I know I have, and I skipped lots of challenges. So getting through the prestige ranks will probably also be doable for you without the liches.

Doesn't really seem like something that needs fixing. 

11 hours ago, krc473 said:

DE should keep the Lich missions in NW. If they remove it because "people have done them enough" where do you stop? 

Why not just give us all the stuff for free?

I mean... this is a valid question... atleast they wouldnt be pissing people off.

Le 23/07/2020 à 14:32, TheArcSet a dit :

You could say as much for Trieidalon.
Rather than removing them, I'd like it if the game looked at your progress and based on that, gave you either the 7k challenge, or a 4k one.

It wouldn't effect me, but it would stop encouraging players to rush through the game.

Tridolon can be completed in 15-20 minutes with an OK pub-squad. Try killing/converting a fresh Lich in that same time period; it ain't happening unless you get seriously lucky with your Parazon loadout.

Le 23/07/2020 à 13:52, (PS4)Kamranos a dit :

It’s along that same logic of removing “guild a modular item”. It is something that should not be a challenge. Next time DE asks you to wait two months to kill an enemy that continues to tax your missions all for the same points as killing a tusk thumper, tell me how you see that as a “choice”. 

A player should not be required to watch every dev stream or prime time just to get the small snippet of information saying “you will get a lich challenge”. If the information cannot be found in the game, one should not expect others to know it exists. 

This.

3 minutes ago, Els236 said:

Tridolon can be completed in 15-20 minutes with an OK pub-squad. Try killing/converting a fresh Lich in that same time period; it ain't happening unless you get seriously lucky with your Parazon loadout.

My point was that players who haven't done The Second Dream yet shouldn't feel pressured to rush to the Quills.

il y a une heure, TheArcSet a dit :

My point was that players who haven't done The Second Dream yet shouldn't feel pressured to rush to the Quills.

Ahh, apologies, I didn't read your reply properly. 

Yeah I agree with your point as well.

Archived