The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Bezerker Warframe W/ Whip

Renathy

That is what I am Asking for.
I Am asking that they Emphasize the Muscle structure,
It plays off of their desire to make her look skinless. and giving her defined muscles do this.
By increasing the upper body strength and mass,
As Well as removing the Head Brace,
Do nothing but play into the idea that she is a meaty beserker whose primary defining characteristic is skinlessness.

If they need something to define the silhouette through walls, the digitigrade legs and gauntlets would do well for that, the Headgear is not needed.

The less "restricted" she appears (as a choker/collar implies) the better she appears as a unrestrained and relentless beserker.
Broken chains and gauntlets implies the opposite, that she cannot be contained, and blend rather well.
The Collar does the exact opposite.

Love the mask, Hate the C-clamp and Collar.

The collar adds to her theme, she is free and her broken collar proves it, her lack of skin/armor shows the tortures shes been through, the collar is proof of her imprisonment and escape, I don't really see how her looking more... buff would make her look any better, not every Germanic warrior had to be buff to be a berserker, they were just warriors who fought with no regard to the lives of themselves and others, as long as her powers fit this playstyle shes fine. Edited by Orcot

Berserker role with a feline theme.

Looks can be deceiving, it's best to wait until we see some skills.

I kinda imagined the berserker to be a little more... buffed. Jacked. Muscular. Ya know, it's kinda odd slapping an incredible melee-based ability on a thin character. It's like shoving a galatine in Nova's hands and giving her a melee ability.

I kinda imagined the berserker to be a little more... buffed. Jacked. Muscular. Ya know, it's kinda odd slapping an incredible melee-based ability on a thin character. It's like shoving a galatine in Nova's hands and giving her a melee ability.

We all did, but every berserker has their own style, we can only see what happens with this one.

What was said before is that the suit could do the work for her strength.

Even Nova can use Galatine as she pleases as thin as she is.

...If you legitimately think that's what the designer was intending, bone spurs to rest on.  Instead of simply adding high heels to yet another female frame, because she's female, I...

I guess I'm suppose to insult you there but for all I know that IS what they were trying. *shrug*

I just think that, given the history of... uh... everything... I don't think it's a very solid argument.  Inductive logic n'all.

Occam's razor, if you'd rather.  I'd first assume they are designing under the same principles used in dang near every other "sexy" design ever... Or that the concept arists have an exceptional grasp of evolutionary biology and paleontology...

Well, the latter might be true. I have more evidence for the former at the moment. So...

I can certainly understand why you would assume so. Trusting a developer to actually know and give thought to actual biological principals rather than go with the 'rule of cool' certainly takes a fair amount of assumption on my part. It's also entirely possible that while they did know the biological reasoning, they deliberately stylized it so that it does look like heels.

I'm just trying to say that it seems rather ambiguous given the context. Now if they stuck her on a pair of stilettos then yeah there would be no room for interpretation, that would be straight sex appeal, but as it is very organic looking, and fits in well enough with the overall theme so as to be nearly unnoticeable. Heck Volt's heels are much more apparent than her's, and he's certainly no Femme Fatale.

Edited by JerryMouse13

DE can be far smarter than some people give them give them credit for, MOAs are named after a dead bird of similar design, a lot of the frames have their anatomy/outfits based on their powers, Embers leg things are similar to heatsinks, Mag has giant magnets on her arms and has almost metal on her, Nova is just an anti-matter reactor, Saryn has a living fungal farm on her, Volt also has some sort of conductors on his arms, his head is also aerodynamic to support his faster running speed and his legs are also built with speed in mind.

That and heels aren't actually just a female thing, when it comes to stealth putting your whole foot down is a bad idea, heels are helpful cause they allow you to walk without the base of your foot touching the ground,if anything, all tenno should be wearing heels.

...Ok, maybe Tenno should run on the balls of their feet. But I don't think you'll find many "stealth" boots with heels built into the design.

And in modern western culture for... a while... heels are definitely shorthand for "Female".  As the designers and  many players are in a modern western culture(as far as I am aware)...

But again, I wouldn't have an issue with this if there wasn't a massive massive pattern of giving all females, even the ones in cased in armor, "Femmy" designs.  You and I could both come up with any number of explanations and reasons why it might make sense for a fast moving combat-oriented battlesuit to have high heels and molded breast-forms the fact remains.

Those heels don't exist in a vacuum.

We had a chance for something significantly more unique.

Instead we got...

Bestial claws, broken restraints, thin waif-body, all put onto an ostensible "female berserker" frame.  *rubs eyes* 

She's not strong because she's, you know, strong(She's got a tiny waif body).

She's not strong because she's skilled(beast implies feral, implies instinct driven)

She's doesn't even appear strong because she wanted to be.

This just looks like another "Hysterical woman" ... thing.  She's strong because she was abused, hurt, and now her wild woman-emotions have driven her into a rage.  That's the story the tattered restrains and collar tell.

When male characters are berserkers they are wild untameble beasts.

When female characters are berserkers they are beaten and broken dogs.

Not all Berserkers are just buffed, tanky looking people...

Black_berserker.png

...just saying.

On-topic (kinda):

Scott did say she was going to be 'Amazoness', right? I kinda did expect a more muscle-toned/buff girl to be the Berserker since that's kinda what my image of 'Amazoness' is, but, honestly, speculation and assumption can only get you so far. 

I'd rather just wait and see what would they come up with this, than try to argue with other people that my Headcanon is better than theirs or try to argue the ~deep issues~ around the design of the Frame.

Not all Berserkers are just buffed, tanky looking people...

Black_berserker.png

...just saying.

On-topic (kinda):

Scott did say she was going to be 'Amazoness', right? I kinda did expect a more muscle-toned/buff girl to be the Berserker since that's kinda what my image of 'Amazoness' is, but, honestly, speculation and assumption can only get you so far. 

I'd rather just wait and see what would they come up with this, than try to argue with other people that my Headcanon is better than theirs or try to argue the ~deep issues~ around the design of the Frame.

Her skills are terrible...

They make me want to die and lose hope in a good non-caster female frame.

...Ok, maybe Tenno should run on the balls of their feet. But I don't think you'll find many "stealth" boots with heels built into the design.

And in modern western culture for... a while... heels are definitely shorthand for "Female".  As the designers and  many players are in a modern western culture(as far as I am aware)...

But again, I wouldn't have an issue with this if there wasn't a massive massive pattern of giving all females, even the ones in cased in armor, "Femmy" designs.  You and I could both come up with any number of explanations and reasons why it might make sense for a fast moving combat-oriented battlesuit to have high heels and molded breast-forms the fact remains.

Those heels don't exist in a vacuum.

We had a chance for something significantly more unique.

Instead we got...

Bestial claws, broken restraints, thin waif-body, all put onto an ostensible "female berserker" frame.  *rubs eyes* 

She's not strong because she's, you know, strong(She's got a tiny waif body).

She's not strong because she's skilled(beast implies feral, implies instinct driven)

She's doesn't even appear strong because she wanted to be.

This just looks like another "Hysterical woman" ... thing.  She's strong because she was abused, hurt, and now her wild woman-emotions have driven her into a rage.  That's the story the tattered restrains and collar tell.

When male characters are berserkers they are wild untameble beasts.

When female characters are berserkers they are beaten and broken dogs.

I think the reason a lot of people have a problem with the heels is that most people in westener society commonly associate it with femininity, but it sound like you issue with it is based more on perception, had her gender been reversed I don't think you would see the collars and skinlessness as a sign of weakness.

In Norse mythology, the son of Loki, Fenrir was viewed as a great threat to all of Asgard and the rest of the nine realms because he was powerful and untamable, so in fear they chained him up with an impossible seal called Gleipnir, one day he broke free and killed the one who had him sealed Odin, king of the gods.  

Just because an animal is chained doesn't make it any less dangerous, people often make this mistake with leashed dogs, collars are a sign of restraint not weakness.

It'd be kind of neat if tripping her 4 made her hulk out like Bane from the Batman cartoons. That is honestly the only input I have regarding her look. Otherwise I'm pretty cool with it. 

Her legs are cool, I think they should just go the whole nine yards and make them reverse jointed, since that is already the vibe they give off.

I think the reason a lot of people have a problem with the heels is that most people in westener society commonly associate it with femininity, but it sound like you issue with it is based more on perception, had her gender been reversed I don't think you would see the collars and skinlessness as a sign of weakness.

In Norse mythology, the son of Loki, Fenrir was viewed as a great threat to all of Asgard and the rest of the nine realms because he was powerful and untamable, so in fear they chained him up with an impossible seal called Gleipnir, one day he broke free and killed the one who had him sealed Odin, king of the gods.  

Just because an animal is chained doesn't make it any less dangerous, people often make this mistake with leashed dogs, collars are a sign of restraint not weakness.

Yes but "restraint" is even worse to imply than weakness when it comes to a berserker. Someone who is to have unrelentless rage.

Her skills are terrible...

They make me want to die and lose hope in a good non-caster female frame.

Okay, this has been said a thousand damned times now, dude.

The skills that have been suggestion are not set in stone. They were mere suggestions provided by Scott, and that he is completely open to more suggestions by the design council. They weren't even supposed to be released to the public because they are simply ideas. These skills have not been fleshed out, have not been implemented in any way, and have absolutely no assets whatsoever. They were just suggestions, ideas made up in his mind. Now please, get off your tirade about them.

Edited by SoulEchelon

Okay, this has been said a thousand damned times now, dude.

The skills that have been suggestion are not set in stone. They were mere suggestions provided by Scott, and that he is completely open to more suggestions by the design council. These skills have not been fleshed out, have not been implemented in any way, and have absolutely no assets whatsoever. They were just suggestions, ideas made up in his mind. Now please, get off your tirade about them.

While I don't doubt that DE will at least skim over the thread, finding good ability advice in that storm is like trying to find a golden needle in a haystack.

There's some great ideas in there. But it's night impossible to find between all of the "this button should tear the enimies all in half" posts.

No insult to those people, but PLEASE flesh out your ideas correctly.

It's hard to read and understand, sometimes downright painful to sift through.

Lucy from Elfen Lied as well is kinda a berserker, isn't she? 

Oh man memories, but I don't think she fits a berserker. More like mentally unstable with great power/liking for killing people, but nyu is so innocent <3. I think they call that psychopath, anyone feel free to correct me on the term. 

Edited by FateZero