Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept - Zephyr The Wind Elemental - Artwork Included [Resolved :)]

Volkovyi

I'd just like to try adding an idea I was playing around with earlier today, what about an ability called Updraft: Boosts allies power strength or speed. And have you thought about naming the helmet concepts? What about Fujin, Tengu, and Aura as you're pretty close to a japanese theme already?

Futon. Yes, futon helmet.

And that updraft suggestion already exists..in the form of either roar (rhino) or speed (volt). Now if it's a hybrid version that's cool.

Then again, Rhino charge is very similar to slash dash so idk where to mark the line of copy/paste.

Even if I'm the Xth to say it, that's an amazing job you did there. I know that in LoL some of the very high-quality fan productions can lead to a new skin and maybe influence their production of new champion. This one would deserve such a respect, definitively.

I'm gonna check you work on deviant by the way. :)

Wow that is _very_ good. there are a few bits that aren't quite my cup-of-tea though.

• The "chin" on the helmet is _much_ smaller in the profile image than in the posed body-shot, I much prefer the shorter "chin" (More than that I prefer the alt1 helmet)
  • I do think the arm vanes unbalance the overall proportions of the frame, IMHO they need to be smaller or a different shape, balancing the front and back of the arm.
  • The overall feel of the frame is very good but I do think that it's missing the organic asymmetry that the DE designed frames have, For example the "cloth" like parts could be more "fleshy" with the vein-like tracks you get on Frost or on the surface of Nova

Edited by SilentMobius

I remember this! We were on chatframe.... everything is there, down to the name 'Gale Force'! (Kentusa, KingMe42 and I actually came up with the Defensive ability, as a suggestion to prevent the 'one-trick pony' of Frost's Snow Globe.) Awesome to see some of the crazy ideas we come up with were actually visualized!

Pardon? Your comments make me curious, did you talk about this frame and its design before I was able to draw it for myself?

Thank you to everyone for their humble commentary and suggestions! I am writing new abilities from the feedback as I type this. However I am steadfast in the overall design of Zephyr, the full body pose is the finished concept art; many drawings and sketches and designs went in to forming this single idea however they are not shown here. I am afraid I just spent too much effort in the artwork to change it this far in, I do not have so much free time now as I did then! My apologies.

But smaller details might and will be updated from time to time, such as the abilities or helmets. Thank you for everyone's support!

Pardon? Your comments make me curious, did you talk about this frame and its design before I was able to draw it for myself?

Actually we were discussing the next frame after Nekros was revealed, and we began discussing potential themes and abilities. I remember DearHunter clearly calling it 'Zephyr'. We came up with an ability called 'Gale Force' and several ideas seemed very similar. I know this is original but there was a guy who had said, 'I'm on DeviantArt and I can draw this', and seeing this made me go, 'Wow, was that him? Because if it is, he's amazing!'

Edited by UpgradeInProgress

Actually we were discussing the next frame after Nekros was revealed, and we began discussing potential themes and abilities. I remember DearHunter clearly calling it 'Zephyr'. We came up with an ability called 'Gale Force' and several ideas seemed very similar. I know this is original but there was a guy who had said, 'I'm on DeviantArt and I can draw this', and seeing this made me go, 'Wow, was that him? Because if it is, he's amazing!'

It is not me I can assure you. I know the concept of a Wind elemental is popular because of the fact it is one of the few elements missing from the official cast, which is why I chose that element as an inspiration. No one else influenced his design. 'Zephyr' is a well known name or term associated with wind and air, so I am not surprised so many people feel as though they saw this concept before.

Incredible concept.  Like others I'd be disappointed if this Tenno wasn't given life.  Very well thought out and I love the design/skill ideas.

The alt helmets also look pretty nifty.  Usually that's a hit and miss with other frames. =)

It is not me I can assure you. I know the concept of a Wind elemental is popular because of the fact it is one of the few elements missing from the official cast, which is why I chose that element as an inspiration. No one else influenced his design. 'Zephyr' is a well known name or term associated with wind and air, so I am not surprised so many people feel as though they saw this concept before.

That aside, I'm amazed by your work, I don't think anyone could have envisioned it better than you have! (Although his defensive ability and his ultimate seem very similar upon closer inspection, but that might just be me.) Great work!