Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Color Correction" explosions while Color Correction is turned off

Zahnny

happens not only with frame abilities, explosions and energy effects.

happens literally from anything just by averaging colors of pixels on screen.

look at big health orb from protea and screen will have red lens, look a saturated green colored frame of your mate and get green lens, look thru pink volt shield and all screen will have pink lens.

difference only in intensity of that effect, from thin weak yellowing while looking on yellow wall, to all colors turn black and white when few different color lenses lay one on another creating black filter.

and it does look as opaque overlay on your screen and not like a part of scene.

one of small hotfixes made it less noticeable, more transparent to cover this trash, but its still there

why this is still a thing.

Dear graphics engine programmers:

Your fancy effects to make the camera more like human eyeballs actually makes video games LESS enjoyable. A decade ago it was freaking garbage motion blur, which the engine programmers didn't know how to implement, so it would cause lag spikes whenever I so much as moved my mouse. Now it's color correction and adaptive exposure, and they're cool for like five seconds in a cutscene, but they just make the game less fun to play when they're happening several times per firefight

Just stop it, and focus on making stuff like bloom and volumetric lighting cooler. The sooner you accept that you aren't going to be the next John Carmack the better our video games will be

6 hours ago, sitfesz said:

I thought it must be the new vga with the new driver or something. Glad to hear the color "correction" is a bug.

Get it off! GET IT OFFFFFFF! Terrible feature.

i dont think it is a bug. i think the option has been intentionally disabled.

i could be wrong...but it sure seems that way.

Co-Signed. I agree with all of the sentiments. At first I welcomed a bit of a brighter orbiter, but playing all different frames and their abilities I've had the same experiences as everyone in this thread. Please give us all the old lighting back!

Add my +1 to this, too.

- Vauban's bastille is just awful.

- Half the time you go into a new tile it starts out either blinding white or so dark you can't see at all. 

- Weird color shifts constantly just from turning around - you don't even need effects or weapons or even actually moving, just look around the room.

Do not like.

On 2020-08-13 at 7:17 AM, Friede said:

Yeah, I have this issue too. On slam attack or entering a new room, my screen just changes tint. It just looks really nasty. Lighting seems to also be super broken in general. Orbiter is extremely bright now. 

d7bgtZ7.jpg

same issue here, guess since 28.3 - it´s a pain - did anyone from DE said something about that issue?

I thought color correction is to make the game looks better generally but it doesn't seems so in some cases in this game. I hate it most is when Loki uses Invisibility. I brought this up many times but seems DE is ignoring these issues.

2 hours ago, Elocai said:

same issue here, guess since 28.3 - it´s a pain - did anyone from DE said something about that issue?

Above your post they responded. Apparently they fixed it in the latest hotfix, but the orbiter is still way too bright compared to what it was before the mainline a few weeks back. 😞 

7 hours ago, Friede said:

Above your post they responded. Apparently they fixed it in the latest hotfix, but the orbiter is still way too bright compared to what it was before the mainline a few weeks back. 😞 

They fixed that the color correction setting is now actually respected. The issue here seems to be the auto exposure which you cannot turn off anymore and is just set to bright.

They need to either give us the option back to turn it off or allow a slider for target brightness so we can reduce it our selfs.

On 2020-08-26 at 8:19 AM, [DE]Jeremy said:

Thanks, we're looking into this and will get that option behaving properly.

Hello Jeremy! Is there an update to the other lightning issue related to lighting and exposure? There are some examples of excessive brightness in certain areas below your post that weren't fixed in that hotfix. Thank you.

Archived